No loss! :(

LJWill-BeSlim!!

Silver Member
Morning everyone... I've woke up this morning and got on the scales, for the 5th morning I've stayed exactly the same! :( I'm drinking at least 2.5 / 3 litres a day and having 4 packs a day with allowance veggies and I'm definitely in ketosis as I'm purple on the sticks! - Unfortunately I've not measured myself which I'm gutted about, and weight losses have been 14lb week 1, then 8lb week 2 - I'm on day 17 but have stayed the same since day 12 now and I'm wondering if maybe I should drop a pack a day or something?! - Does anyone one have any advice on what I can do to see the losses? :( I have done various VLCD's over the years, this has never happened before! :( xx

Last edited:
I think week 3 is a notoriousy bad week hun!!!

Are you due on or anything like that???

Sometimes it does just go all at once though!!!

Hope you're ok!!

X

Morning everyone... I've woke up this morning and got on the scales, for the 5th morning I've stayed exactly the same! :( I'm drinking at least 2.5 / 3 litres a day and having 4 packs a day with allowance veggies and I'm definitely in ketosis as I'm purple on the sticks! - Unfortunately I've not measured myself which I'm gutted about, and weight losses have been 14lb week 1, then 8lb week 2 - I'm on day 17 but have stayed the same since day 12 now and I'm wondering if maybe I should drop a pack a day or something?! - Does anyone one have any advice on what I can do to see the losses? :( I have done various VLCD's over the years, this has never happened before! :( xx

I think week 3 is a notoriousy bad week hun!!!

Are you due on or anything like that???

Sometimes it does just go all at once though!!!

Hope you're ok!!

X

What Dee said! Whatever you do, don't drop a pack tho-as you run risk of making yourself poorly. Just keep going and it'll happen! Youve already lost 22lbs in 3 weeks anyway-and when you consider its an average of 14lb a month you're flying! Good luck x

i agree with the above, maybe your body is just feeling a little bit of a shock at the moment, 22lbs in a couple of weeks is a lot... dont worry and dont drop any packs. just keep doing what you are doing and it will happen... keep the faith :)

I wonder whether its because you have already lost so much in the first couple of weeks, 14 lb in the first week is a mega large loss and more than most people manage even on a diet like this one and then 8 lb the second week again is higher than I have seen for most peoples second week losses so I am just wondering whether that has something to do with it. I'll readily admit I am no expert but I wouldn't drop a pack as that might in fact make things worse for yourself as you will not be getting the bare minimum that you need, just stick with it and keep doing what you are doing, you have already lost so much and are doing so well so whats the bet its going to suddenly drop again, that is what usually happens.

Plus prob best not to weigh yourself so often as women our body weight changes so often that its best to weigh yourself once a week at the same time, if you must check mid week maybe, but if you do it daily it could in turn sabotage your progress as I used to be a complete nightmare when it came to the scales, hopping on everyday morning and night and in the end it can make things worse as you get so paranoid over a stall or tiny half pound or what have you gain which in reality is just due to normal body weight fluctuations but because at the time I was obsessing would either go even more strict diet wise or throw in the towel when in reality it could be something as simple as fluid retention, constipation, period etc.

You are doing fantastically well, so be mega proud of yourself, Em x

Your weight loss so far is amazing- it is more than the total I lost in 8 weeks! Daily weighing isn't the greatest idea, it can be really disheartening, but it is so tempting! One girl has even hidden her scales and isn't weighing for 40days! On this diet most of us find we won't lose anything then all of a sudden, woosh, the scales go down a few pounds. If I were you I would measure now- so if this happens again, you can see how far you have come. Well done onyour weight los so far and keep it up!

I have pretty much weighed in daily through every diet I have ever done (and for the last 3 years inbetween as well), including an SnS diet for 9 weeks previous to this one. This is completely normal and is exactly why some people say that weighing in daily is bad - hang in there in the knowledge that you will get a nice whoosh soon. Definitely don't drop a pack.

I can sympathise. I had an undeserved gain this week but I have dropped an extra two inches off my waist this week (to a total of 5.5 in 9 weeks). Perhaps our bodies only want to do one thing at a time and then eventually it all will catch up). Madness! Keep at it, it will work for us all in the end xx

Thanks everyone, think I'm just too eager to see those numbers dropping. I'm defo sticking at it and will measure in the morning. Thanks again for your responses xxx

Measuring is good. I would imagine as you lose faster on this diet it has to stall every so often to shift the weight around.

I have found over the weeks that when I sts or lose just a little that they are the weeks I get most comments about how much I've lost, which completely ties into the theory of the inches being lost. I do think that sometimes our bodies hang on to the water for a bit cause they are a bit too busy shrinking you down at that time, then it remembers and you get that whoosh. I had a sts this week but once again the comments have been thick and fast, my jeans are now too big and need a belt, the new bra i got less than a month ago is now on the tightest hooks, I do measure from time to time and did a measure this week and have dropped another 3 inches from my waist this month with little in the way of pounds lost.

One thing of slight concern - you mention ketostix are purple - this would suggest a little dehydration despite your water intake, if you're using ketostix they should be pinky with a bit darker first thing, if you're showing dark then you need more water in :). Hang on in there though, you will see a difference. And do measure now so you can compare in the future. I stuck on 8 inches off my waist forever on my previous diet and never thought it would go any lower - I've got to 14 off now, and that does keep a smile there on the poor show on the scales weeks :)

Back