No/Low Carb diet newbie!!

Tiaratara

Hello all,

I'm Tara, 24 years old and in desperate need to lose weight. I feel so uncomfortable in my skin and my self- esteem went out in the rubbish about 3 years ago!!

I am 5ft 4 and currently weigh 11.7 stones and the lowest I ever got following Rosemary Conley and slimming world has been 10.7. I just can't seem to get past that weight for some reason and it's not good!!

My aim is to lose about 2 stone or become a easy size 10, whichever comes first!! I have hypothyroidism too so that doesn't help at all!

Anyways I've been eating healthy and going to the gym now for over 2 months and I have had no weight loss. My body fat % has gone up which is even worse to a whopping 36.1%!!

My bloods have been checked and they are showing my thyroid levels are in the "normal range" so I can't increase my dosage of 125mcg.

Anyways I've hit rock bottom and tried everything except no/low carb diets so I'm gonna give it a bash!!

I'm not planning on following a set diet, I don't really understand them and can't afford to join classes/online clubs so I'm doing it alone!! I've been reading up about the keto diet and want to give it a try! Really have nothing to lose (except weight! Lol!)

Anyways I need a bit of support and guidance to make sure I'm on the right lines. I was originally gonna try the cyclical ketogenic diet cos the thought of carbing up at weekends REALLY appealed to me but now thinking about it I'm worried I would keep feeling crappy all week every week cos my body would have to start ketosis again every week!!

So...I intend to:

Well I did some maths based on Ckd and after working it out I should have the following daily:

Protein 102 grams equivalent to 408 cals
Fat 54 grams equivalent to 492 cals

Thus giving me a total cal intake of 900 Cals a day!

My BMR from those machines at gym is apparently 1538 but cos I have hypothyroidism I just took 638 cals off that to compensate (500 being what they recommend u should take off!)

Firstly do you think this amount of cals is too low???

Now what was I planning to eat! typical day:

Multivitamin
Fibre supplement
Possibly a fat supplement (good fat!)
Bacon rashers
Eggs (lots!)

Protein whey isolate shake (low carb) 17g of protein per shake (maybe 2 of these a day)

Cheese
Chicken
Steak
Bacon etc etc
Salad leaves

Sugar free jelly

Am I on the right lines??

I'm also only drinking water and having one coke zero a day as a treat (nothing with citric acid!)

I'm awaiting some liquid sucralose for my morning brew but until then I'm not gonna drink tea or coffee.

I intend to do low intensity exercise every other day whether this be walking or resistance training.

What do u all think?? Am I wasting my time??

I've bought some ketostix and have them in my possession. I intend to start this tomorrow and will be going to the shop this evening to buy all the products.

This isn't an impulse decision, I've been reading for a while, tomorrow is a good day cos I'm off work now till Monday so I can be as cranky and lazy at home as I like! ?

Well that's me!! Hope someone can help!!

Look forward to hearing from u all!!

Tara xxx

Atkins

Hi Tara, I'm Louise and on my second day of the Atkins diet. I weigh 11 stone 6lbs at only 5 foot!!

I've tried every diet you can think of but can never stick to them.
I managed to lose a stone on calorie counting, just 800 calories a day but then the weight loss stopped.

So here I am giving the Atkins a go, low carb diets are ment to really work so looking forward to the weeks ahead.

I'm going to austrailia in November so really need to lose a stone or two!!!!

Hopefully we can keep each other motivated and report our weight loses good or bad!!!!

Welcome and Good luck with your weight loss! xx

Hey Louise,

That's sounds like a great plan! We will keep each other going!! I'm starting it today so your just a couple of days ahead of me so that's quite good!!

How much weight do you want to lose? Or what size dress do u want to be??

I'm quite excited at moment at the prospect of finding summit that works but we'll have to just wait and see! What day are you gonna have a weigh in?? X

I would love to be a size 8-10 but in the real world a size 12 would be great!!
On my 3rd day and feeling a bit weird to be honest, very light headed
and tired. Theses feeling are ment to pass so hopefully feel better tomorrow.
Ive coped ok with no bread, potatos or rice but finding it hard to not drink milk and i really love coffee in the morning!!

Well i started monday so we can really get through this together, any time you are struggling just message me, in the evening when im most hungry i find it great coming on here to keep me out the kitchen cupboards!!
hope your first day went well x

Coke zero or any form of diet soda still has tons of sugar that can easily turn into carbs and fat....the best way to lose weight is through a clean healthy diet. Try cutting out coke all together and if you need sweet fix, fresh fruits like mangoes or pineapples can do the trick. When I cut out sodas and sugary drinks from my diet I lost 5 pounds in the first week. It's truly a lifestyle change...ask yourself this question: which do you want more, a coke a day? or reaching your weight loss goal?

TrimmerMe said:
Coke zero or any form of diet soda still has tons of sugar that can easily turn into carbs and fat....the best way to lose weight is through a clean healthy diet. Try cutting out coke all together and if you need sweet fix, fresh fruits like mangoes or pineapples can do the trick. When I cut out sodas and sugary drinks from my diet I lost 5 pounds in the first week. It's truly a lifestyle change...ask yourself this question: which do you want more, a coke a day? or reaching your weight loss goal?

If you're doing a low or no carb diet and in ketosis then you can't have fruit. Coke zero won't do any harm in a ketosis based diet

Back