NO MORE Asda Meat Free Beef Style Pieces!!!

slimming

Hi All!!!

I've been trying to get the Asda Meat Free Beef Style Pieces (they came in a bag) -- and i've seen people talk about them on here before.

Anyway, after not being able to get them for over a month, i emailed asda, and found out that they've been DISCONTINUED!!! :cry:

The beef style pieces were sooo nice - and great for slimming world!

(I hate the chicken style pieces)

--- They added this in the email...

I've passed your feedback onto the buyers for each of these product, as sometimes they can return products to store if demand for the item returns.

If you are going to miss your beef style pieces, i'd say get in touch with asda..

Get in touch - About ASDA - ASDA, part of the Wal-Mart family

Cheers! :)

i didn't know they existed! Perhaps if I had then I would be not best pleased like yourself :)

K xx

Don't despair! Tesco do the exact same product! It's in a bag and is in the vegetarian section in the frozen food department.
Asda are terrible for discontinuing veggie stuff; they've done it before with the same product – you'd think they would want to keep stocking something so popular, but they treat their customers like dirt anyway – Asda is by far the worst supermarket in this country.
Sainsbury's also stock a huge range of meat free alternatives in their deli department (where all the pies are) as well as their frozen food section.
Good luck :)

Just to add a quick note; If you're using the meat-free chunks for pies (ie beef & mushroom) I can highly recommend Quorn's Peppered steaks. They come two in a pack.
I use three steaks: scrape all the pepper topping off all sides & cut into inch-square chunks. In a large saucepan sweat off a chopped small onion, one large garlic clove (chopped or crushed) and half a punnet of mushrooms (chopped, sliced, however you like - I prefer chestnut mushrooms as they have more flavour). When the onions are transluscent, add the Quorn steak chunks and a veggie Oxo cube (you can use beef if you're not a veggie, obviously!) and stir. After about ten minutes add half a pint of Bisto gravy (or 2 teaspoons of Bisto gravy mix, 2 teaspoons of Golden vegetable Cup-a-soup powder, mixed with half pint of water). Simmer for about half and hour or so. Then put in your pie, or you could add more vegetables at the beginning and make a casserole.
The Quorn steaks take up flavours beautifully, and are nice just as they come, grilled with oven chips, peas & gravy!

I'm sure you can get Quorn beef style pieces. X

Back