No more delusions and wishing for quick fixes... Here for the long haul!!

I only managed a couple of days of the challenge before I got struck down with a cold at the weekend and felt really weak and light headed. Planning on getting back to it tomorrow. Not sure whether to start back with wii aswell as I think my losses will slow if I do too much cardio. I know that it will be slowing for a good reason but I'm not sure whether I could handle slow losses right now being so big I'm expecting atleast 2lbs a week for the next wee while.

Yeah I understand completely. Slow losses seriously suck! I've never been one to have massive losses like you but regularly manage 2/3/4lbs. The couple of weeks where I lost 0.5lbs followed by 1lb felt awful, was so relieved this week to see 2lbs.

I know deep down I need to do more exercise, but when I do my losses drop and I get seriously annoyed. Think starting gradually and increasing walking might be a good way to go.

Just watched that horizon fat v sugar programme on bbc catch up. Kinda convinced me that 1. Slimming World is actually THE best diet for overall healthiness and 2. I really should start exercising properly!! It was really interesting you should have a look at it if you get the chance.

I'm amazed at my losses so far. The last time I was on SW I start at 20stone and it took 6 weeks to lose the first stone so a lot slower. Might be just coming off quicker this time because I put that extra couple of stone on within like 3 months. To be honest I know deep down that slow losses are better for the body and will decrease the risk of a lot of loose skin but it's gonna be long enough till I look a normal size with decent losses.

Well done on the 6lbs loss thats fab hun :) I am trying to up my exercise too. Good luck with the squats girls. xxx

Hope you are having a good day hun. xxx

Well this week has gone reasonably well. Haven't really felt hungry at all but looking at my food diary I've felt on a few days that I hadn't eaten enough. But will see tomorrow night at weigh in how it's gone! Also back into 30 day challenge and that's going quite well.
Starting a new evening class at the uni tonight. First steps to Nursing. Really excited :D Also decided I don't want to finish this year at college. (doing business and not really interested anymore.) So I have about a month to find a job (that's when my last bursary payment will run out haha) Wish me luck!

Ooh the nursing sounds good hun. Fantastic career. Considered it myself for a long time before deciding radiography was more up my street. Hope you enjoy the evening course.

Good luck for wi tomorrow. Not eating much is fine as long as you're not depriving yourself. I tend to find a high cal/syn day now and again tends to boost my metabolism and give me the best losses. You'll know when you need a treat :)

Just got my pic taken for my student card. Cringe!! Face looks massive. Had a wee bit of a wobble like 'who am i kidding that i can do this' but calmed down and reminded myself that i'm making positive changes.

Thanks CheeseThief, have always wanted to do nursing but its just not happened yet so hoping that i will have the confidence to apply next year xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Its a looong process. I've nearly lost 5st and still have pics taken that make me look mahoosive. Its so disheartening but then I just think how far I've come already. Imagine how good you'll look on your uni card next year! Xx

Arghh I feel so defeated :( Only lost a pound tonight and I know it's because I wasn't 100% all week but I'm so annoyed because it wasn't my fault. I had to use my food money for this week to top up the electricity because we'd used more than I'd realised due to having the heating on more and I don't get paid till this friday. So although I had plenty of batch dinners in the freezers and staples like rice, pasta and tins in the cupboard it meant that I had to ration fruit, veg and healthy extras and also meant having very little syns. Obviously this meant that I couldn't have a third superfree at every meal all week and I didn't have any eggs or yogurts which are my go-to food when wanting to snack so I just had a drink when I was hungry between meals. I know it is kinda my fault for not budgeting more for electricity in the coldest month but it just sucks so much because my head was in it this week and it wasn't that I was craving bad foods or anything like that :(

Apologies for the huge rant but I just had to get it out. It took everything I had to stay to class tonight and I was bloody miserable walking up the road afterwards :(

Aww bless ya. I know how you feel, by the time it gets to the end of the month I'm in the same boat and just can't afford loads of super free. Aldi has some pretty good deals though.

I used to get really down and dissappointed when I lost 0.5/1/1.5lbs and at first even the 2lbs were a bit gutting. I guess you just kinda get used to it and eventually see any loss as a good thing. I've only managed that very recently though, but its the only way to keep our sanity with all the weight we have to lose.

I think thats the hardest thing about starting 20st plus. Just the sheer scale of the task ahead of us. And it seems okay on the weeks we lose 3/4/5lbs because it feels fantastic, but the slower loss weeks used to make me feel like I had one hell of a long way to go. I guess it still sucks when I get a pound but i've come to accept it more as a step in the right direction.

I'm sure you'll get a bigger loss this week and well done for staying to group. Try Morrisons/Aldi for some superfree, the 1/3rd plate thing is mainly for decreasing calories (as well as the health benefits) so maybe if you can't add the superfree this week try cutting the portions a little, hopefully it'll do the same trick.

*big hugs* and stay positive. You're doing bloody great, i'm sure you'll smash it next week xx

Thanks Bev. Yeh totally agree with the psychological effects of starting out at 20stone plus. After an early night I'm feeling a bit more positive. I always aim for 2lbs every week when consultant asks in class and I would be satisfied with that but obviously would love if it was more as I'm so big. What got to me as well was when I said 2lbs for next week the consultant said if you stick to it you should get an awful lot more than that. I know she was just trying to be encouraging but I just felt like I must be doing something really wrong if she thinks it should just be falling off.

Anyway today is a new day and week 5 of my journey. Had a pear and now going to have ryvita and cheese triangles for breakfast. Should have enough veg to get through today and get paid tomorrow so will be doing a mahoosive shop and getting loads of superfree and plenty of healthy extras. Have been craving ww wholemeal pitta bread like crazy haha!! Living room and kitchen are needing a wee bit of a tidy so I'll have breakfast, clear up then do an hour on the wii. Then this afternoon I've got an essay to write for my evening class. So defo keeping busy today. Going to smash that 2lbs next week :D

Hey MrsMcG, sorry you were disappointed with your loss this week. The last few days before payday SUCK!

Just wondered if you use frozen veg at all? I stock up on cauli and brocolli mainly, and bags of frozen peppers when I can get them. They can be pretty cheap and if you got them the week you're paid you could save them for when funds are low again.

Same with tins of tomatoes, I keep a stash of them. I HATE tomatoes, but they make a fab curry sauce.

So with the toms, cauli and peppers all I need to do is throw in some curry powder and make a lovely Superfree dinner.

Glad you're feeling a bit better today. Some good advice from coughdrops, I really need to get more frozen veg, just wish we had a bigger freezer! Yey for payday and all the yummy food you can buy now! :)

Can't believe your consultant was saying that you'll lose loads more than 2lbs! I guess it's probably because you had such a big loss that week (wasn't it 6lbs?) and to get your stone award in such a short space of time is incredible, think it took me 6 or 7 weeks and I was a lot heavier! They shouldn't be putting pressure on you though, some weeks you'll get great numbers and some weeks you won't. It's funny 'cos in my experience I've had some of my best on plan SW weeks and got some of the lowest losses, bizarre how our bodies work!

Coughdrops: Thanks for replying :) I only ever use frozen veg except for jars of beetroot and pickled onions and obv tinned toms. I couldn't afford to buy loads of fresh veg. It was just a case of me only having bought a weeks supply and in the end it had to last 2 weeks. I can't really buy loads of it cos we don't have a huge freezer and last time I stocked up properly hubby was raging cos there was no where for his food to go haha.

Bev:Yeh I was totally amazed at the 6lbs it was about 6 weeks till my first stone the first time I did slimming world. In theory I want 2lbs a week for slow, steady weight loss for health and to give my skin the best chance of "snapping back". But theory doesn't always work because I keep thinking about the speedway season starting again at end of march and I'll see my speedway mates most of which I won't have seen for the best part of 6 months so I'd really like to lose a good bit by then to look visibly slimmer.

Know what you mean, I can see all the benefits of losing 2lbs a week, but if you asked me whether I could have that or 6lbs a week I know which I'd choose! I'm sure you'll look loads slimmer by March, I could visibly tell after around 2.5 stone. Now I'm just getting greedy and want to be skinny NOW! :rolleyes: Haha... Ah well, need to try and appreciate slow and steady wins the race, it's just so hard sometimes. I've only just got into the 19's and I'm already dreaming about the 18's, never happy me! x

Hi I just wanted to say congratulations, you've made an amazing start. :)
It's so hard to stay focused when I look ahead & see how long it's going to take me but I just keep trying to remember that at 1lb a week in just over six months I'll lose 2 stone. That will be a great achievement. Obviously I'm hoping to do it quicker but I figure averaging out good & bad weeks & weekends away 1lb a week is probably more realistic for me than 2lb but it's hard.

Bev - Haha yup someone needs to invent that magic pill that gets us to target right away ;) At the rate your going you will be skinny for uni :)

Zappacat -Hi Zappa. Yeh if I start to think of the big picture I start to wobble and think I'll never get there I might as well have biscuits etc. So I just try and focus on what I want to lose week to week. Unfortunately like this week though if I don't lose what I want I end up in a major sulk haha.

Today's Food:

Breakfast: 4 ryvita (HXB), 2 cheese triangles (3 syns) and a pear
Lunch: Chilli, rice and sprouts
Dinner: Pasta, passata with garlic and herbs, carrots and mushrooms
Snacks: hot choc (2 syns), cereal bar (5.5 syns), beetroot

Total syns: 10.5 :)

Bit of a carb fest today but felt it was needing after a few starving days. Excited to be going food shopping tomorrow :)

Had a great time today going food shopping haha. Got loads of superfree and scrummy pitta bread :) Looking forward to a huge fruit salad for breakfast tomorrow.

Today's Food:

Breakfast: 4 ryvita (HXB), 2 light triangles (3 syns), pear
Lunch: 3 egg omelette with cheese (HXA), mushrooms, leeks and onions
Dinner: Sausage Casserole (3 syns), potatoes, baby corn and cabbage
Supper: 2 tangerines and kit kat (5.5 syns)
Snacks: 2 tangerines, grapes, muller light

Total syns: 13.5 :)

Back