No more dieting for me!

Well done, Fulltum:) I'm weighing in monthly so that's not till Monday, 13th Feb. Just been concentrating on eating healthily, making sensible choices/substitutions, portion control, a wee bit of exercise and trying to drink 2ltrs of water a day. Certainly see difference in my skin and clothes feel a little looser despite last week being * week:)

Hello

Hi, just been reading your posts. I registered on this site as I had been following the Exante threads as I had it in my head it was a quick fix. Anyway, even though I was thinking about it I knew that it wasnt the right way as I would put the weight back on and be back where I started.
I have tried all sorts of diets but I know that the only way I will lose weight AND KEEP IT OFF is to eat healthy and to change my lifestyle forever as a diet is only for a period of time.
Its good to see that you guys have a similar outlook to me and I wondered if I can tag onto your group so we can support each other throughout this journey?

Syns, points, low fat
Been there, tried all that
Time to change the mantra I know
Healthy foods the way to go
Eat healthy, walk in the air
Treat my body like I care
Have some choccy, a little wine
Moderate and I'll be fine
Onwards and downwards are my new aim
Healthy eating's the only...sustainable...game!

Can I join you all please?!
Xx

Wow been reading through all your posts and I could have written them all myself :):) ....fed up of dieting after far too many years and all diets tried so decided I need to change and just eat healthy from now on xx so would love to jump on board x

Just a little update from me
Ate a bit, ran a bit and just shred 3! (lbs of course)
Xx

Yes I totally agree. I've been on enough diets in my time and seen my weight go up and down like a yo yo. I decided when I had my baby as I was breastfeeding I wanted to be really healthy and have enough energy to look after her. So I've just focused on healthy eating and have lost 1.5 stones so am very happy. I still have a stone to lose but do get sidetracked by unhealthy options from time to time so my weight loss has been quite slow.

Hear, hear Fulltum! :clap:

No more fad diets, healthy eating from here on in. The way I see it is, I am now pretty much eating the way I aim to eat for the rest of my life. As healthily as possible with a few treats every so often. Less treats at the moment as I'm trying to lose weight but even after I've reached my goal weight I am not going to undo all my hard work.

What would be the point of that? Look where it got me in the first place! No, I want to be healthy aswell as slim for good so I will be eating healthily for good.

Fulltum said:
Hi all I have had enough of dieting and losing and gaining the same weight over and over again :cry:
So I am joining in with this part of the forum and losing weight my way without all these rules, syns , points etc

I am gonna follow the Paul Mckenna style of eating when hungry and enjoying what I eat but wont be listening to the cds just doing it my way.

I dont care how long it takes to get my goal aslong as I get and stay there forever!

I have changed the way I feed my whole family too as my children were starting to eat way too many sweets and chocolate bars! They are not overweight but they would have been pretty soon if it had carried on!!

I also enjoyd doing c25k last year but stupidly stopped so once spring comes back round I am gonna start running again a few times a week :D

So heres to being healthy forever :D

This is how I'm feeling I've been on diet forever! And for the last year my losses have really slowed and now I'm playing with the same few pounds and I'm fed up so I'm joining you with this!

i would also recommend Gillian Riley's book on 'eating Less'
I bought a CD from from her website, it's not hypnotherapy but I found it helpful to listen to in much the same way when relaxing, it reminded me why I'm learning to eat differently.
she also does seminars www.eatingless.com

Im in on this too.

I think the thought of a diet is ultimately what leads me to binge time and time again - healthy eating is the only way forward. My life is going to be geared by pull motivation not push.

The amount of money I have spent in the past year on diet products is unreal. Theres nothing like a collection of 18-20 fitness DVDs. Time to start using them - anyone wana share?!

Hi everyone! May I join you? I've done so many diets over the years, and simply do not stick to them (please note 'do not', not 'cannot'!). Healthy eating seems to me the only way to go: I gave up alcohol almost five years ago; surely, if I can do that, I can make better food choices?

Gosh I can really relate to what you all say - we have to change habits and attitudes, not be on a diet.

I have been fat since about 10 years old and constantly on and off a diet since about 14 I think - I joined this forum for Slimming World but I have realised that the only way is getting fit and healthy and learning to behave like a normal person around food

I have Pete Cohen's Lighten Up book and am doing his online programme - Weight Loss Guru

It's all about changing your habits, little step by little step-not about telling you what you can and can not eat

Anyway- am off to start a diary. I am doing a day by day paper one with the programme but thought I would come to this end of the forum and start a diary too

Hi everybody :)

I am going to join you on the healthy eating wagon, I have been reading a fab book called "Dr. Becks Diet Solution" which deals with the thought process of weight loss, helping you to overcome your own sabotaging thoughts etc., it's a brilliant book as it is not a diet, it doesn't tell what you can eat or can't eat, it helps you to learn to keep your motivation.

So, good luck to us all, we will get there

Tami x

Becks is good. I have it on cd and I play it in the car on some of my longer journeys

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back