No more faffing about

vanda

plodding away
Hi folks, my name is Vanda and I have been fighting with my weight for many a year. I have been playing with low carbing for a few weeks now but really must stop faffing about and knuckle down and do it properly.

Unfortunately I am a comfort eater, I am not one of these people who stop eating when stressed, I stuff like a good un. Anyway after stuffing again tonight I refuse to do this to myself anymore. I like how I feel when I drop the carbs and I hate how I feel after a carb fest. Not only do I suffer from the dreaded carb face but I just feel sluggish and tired.

Tomorrow is a new day, I shall weigh & measure in the morning and shall start induction with a smile on my face :D

Good for you, babe. You're definitely not alone here in either faffing about with diets or comfort eating. In my experience, Atkins is easy to eat on - you can eat loads of the no carb foods - but hard to comfort eat on. Yes there are low carb alternatives to many things, but the majority of those are best avoided. Atkins is about real foods and real foods are good for you but not full of the things we're used to turning to either to comfort ourselves or to binge on. If you want to binge, stopping to cook a steak doesn't hit the spot - in many ways that's exactly why the diet is good for us. It's habit breaking and, once well into ketosis, even the carb cravings will go. But the emotional cravings? Much harder to ditch. I have found it very very hard at times. I doubt anyone finds it easy all the time. But, you can eat. You never have to be hungry and you can eat luxurious things like cheeses, steaks, buttery scrambled egg and smoked salmon, bacon with crispy fat. If you sometimes give into take aways, you can have kebabs without the pita. Burgers without the bun. Tandoori chicken without the masala sauce. Little sacrifices but the treats are still there. You will be okay, you can do this.

Save this post, especially the part about how eating carbs really makes you feel. When we're denying ourselves something it always becomes better than it really is, in our heads. The experience of actually having it is often very different.

Comfort? You're not comforting yourself with food that makes you feel bad - you're punishing yourself. You deserve better than that.

This is you taking the first step. It's a really good one, now just keep going.

what more can i add to rose's excellent answer?

comfort eating is the worst part, a very hard habit to break. it's the one bit that i find difficult. when at work i just make sure my bag has bits and bobs of legal snacks in. some days i eat them, some days i take them back home, but i know there there, makes a difference!

Welcome Vanda, you are definitely in "good" company here on the comfort eating front, I've been a paid up member of that club for years :)

But as Taz says, try and get your favourite legal foods and carry them round with you. I have chicken pieces to munch on today, as well as a bag of sugar free sweets - but as Rose says, you need to careful with the treats. Although - if it hadn't been for Atkins endulge milk choc crispy bars, I might gone mad some nights! :)

Thanks very much peeps.

Due to the yesterdays carb fest I have the dreaded carb face, am bloated and sluggish to that'll teach me.

Atkins friendly shop done and am raring to go x

bring it on !!!!! xx

Best of luck , i start back tomorrow too after a 4 day comfort eating carb fest - it so so wasnt worth it !

Good luck both - dont forget lots of water to help :)

Boo!!!

Good luck, Hun - you sound so much happier when low carbing.

I'll be watching with interest as I'll be following you in a few weeks

xxx

Go for it Vanda

So, how goes the no faffing? ;)

Good luck both - dont forget lots of water to help :)

I am quaffing like theres no tomorrow :D

Boo!!!

Good luck, Hun - you sound so much happier when low carbing.

I'll be watching with interest as I'll be following you in a few weeks

xxx

Ha, you stalking me Toots :p:p

Go for it Vanda

I went for it Jim and I think I've got it ;)

So, how goes the no faffing? ;)

Ha, I like to faff so have been faffing in general but am pleased to say no faffing on the food front. Dr A would be pleased with me :D

Day one went to plan, day 2 is on plan, hoorah to me :D

Yay to you!!!!

My willpower has just taken a blow since I just recieved an email from pizza hut telling me its Two'sday! lol!

Yay to you!!!!

My willpower has just taken a blow since I just recieved an email from pizza hut telling me its Two'sday! lol!

you and pizza hut ought to have a falling out soon !!! as Vanda says Dr A won't be happy !!! xx

you and pizza hut ought to have a falling out soon !!! as Vanda says Dr A won't be happy !!! xx

We did earlier. I checked the nutritional information on their website and there was a whopping 42.6g of carbs PER SLICE of their meat feast stuff crust!!!!!

I thought there was about 16g per slice, which wasnt good in itself, but now im completely in the huff with them!

And also really greatful that I managed to lose 1lb last week after eating half of one of those!

thats a lot !!! can you make your own pizza ............... but i don't know what you would do for a base ?? x

I could make a base from coconut or almond flour, I guess. I made one with flax before but it wasnt that exciting. I've heard of people using cheese or cauliflour to make one, but I dont fancy either.

Think the cheese sounds a bit greasy, and the cauliflour sounds a bit, well...yucky! lol!

I've never tried a fake pizza, keep thinking it would be a disappointment. 43g per slice is stupid, who ever eats just one slice unless of course its a big round one ;)

I've tried fake pizza. I made oppsie rolls without sweetener, baked it in the oven until cooked. Then I spread it with Gia sun dried tomato paste, pepperoni slices and mushrooms then topped it with cheese and baked until bubbling. I think I will use slightly more cheese next time but it was very nice :)

Attachments

• image-446373821.jpg
    image-446373821.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 40
  • image-1603705755.jpg
    image-1603705755.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 46
Back