Step2 810kcal No more pretending!!

emilyr87

Hi everyone,
So after years and years of a bit of weight watchers, some slimming world weeks, a disastrous attempt at 5:2 diet... I stepped on the scales and thought- right Ive got to shift a good stone and a half fast before I settle for it and just keep getting bigger!
I am just under 13st, and a healthy weight for me is somewhere between 9st and 11st so Id like to lose a good stone and a half if not more, my consultant has recommended starting on Step 2.

It might not be very much to lose but I am emotionally so affected by my weight, I am miserable knowing not a single christmas party dress fits, I am a bridesmaid next year and getting married myself in 2015- I want to feel good in my body not wish I could find something tent like thats also flattering! :(

So today Ive started the Cambridge Weight Plan- spurred on by "enough is enough" type thoughts and knowing how successful it is for other people too. Please help me out with some support and advice! :)
Thanks
Em xx

Ahh this forum is so great! I started SS on Tuesday and the only thing that has got me through the first few difficult days is the people on here! It is really tough the first 4 days as you go through carb/sugar withdrawal (and caffeine in my case as I don't drink black coffee or tea), but I already feel a lot better than yesterday and have just finished day 3 :) you will see such a difference so quickly, just keep at it for the first week and then seeing the weight fall off will be an amazing motivator! All the rubbish food will be there when you've finished, and you'll have the tools at your disposal not to binge eat and to treat it as fuel - nice fuel, but not a comfort thing!

All the best! Xx

Thanks for the encouragement. Last night I had a terrible nights sleep (not hunger related) but because I was awake most of the night I felt actual pain in my stomach because of how hungry I was!! Once I had slept a bit better it subsided though.
Day 2 and Im still on track, just battling and huge headache. Definitely need to get some water flavouring as I just cant drink 4 pints of water unless it tastes of something! Hopefully will shake the headache and just carry on today. the weekend will be interesting....
Thanks for the advice on the first 4 days, I just have to remind myself its only withdrawal and DONT need to eat the cake and biscuits sat behind me in our office. Good old will power.
xx

Hi, sorry if I'm butting in on your diary... I started back on Cambridge today! Step 2 and weighing around the same.. 12st 11lb... My goal is a stone in a mth... I did Cambridge last year with great success a stone and a half off in 6 and a half weeks, managed to maintain for just over a year and now 9 lbs has crept back on, so here I am again, I think Cambridge is a way of life for me now, I'm not going to lie and say its easy, because it's not!!! But the results are good and much quicker than slimming world and weight watchers!! Christmas is coming and my works do is on the 5th dec so hopefully a dress size by then!!! Let me know how you get on... Hopefully we can spur each other on.... I always find keeping busy helps , ironing and cleaning( such a bore but excersise) and just going in the bath!! Takes away temptation... Good luck xxxxx

Hi avamum, Im so pleased someone else is starting on step 2, we sound like we have very similar goals and situations!!My first of 3 christmas do's is on the 6th of December. I find it much easier when I am busy, as you say... taking on that much water is quite tough though, especially without flavouring!!! I have been going 4 days so far, and I am now finding my evening meal (usually a baked piece of fish and some veg) makes me full up til the next morning, so I only need to worry about hunger during the day!!
Good luck with your restart!!! I hope I can spur you on as well, here comes the christmas party season and we will be ready!! xx

Hi yep I'm sure all will be worth it, when I get in my dress!! Day 2 for me and to be honest I'm starving!!! But I'm staying good!!.. Taking my son kickboxing soon and won't be back till 7 so 2 small omelettes and a bath then bed!!! Day 2 will be complete, weekends are the worst though, we always have a takeaway after a busy working week, but hey something's gotta give

Really disappointed with my weight loss for the first week- only 4lbs!! Granted it was 6 days not 7, but I have stuck to the rules like glue, and there was only one day when I know I didnt drink enough water. I know its Step 2 not SS, but I was hoping for something more like 7lbs?? :(

HI, I started Step 2 just 8 days ago, had my first weigh in on Monday and lost 10lb... it all depends on our metabolism I guess, I have a lot of weight go shift, and im in it for the long haul, but we can get there, little steps, after the first 4 days, when ketosis kicks in, you will feel better, and do try and keep up the water intake, it will make a difference... next week you will lose more..
Good luck and keep us posted!

Don't feel disheartened, you may have a bigger loss next week! Stick to it... And well done on 10lbs, wish I could do that but on day 4 I feel no different!! Still bloody starving

Brill keep it going :) Starting on Fri myself!

Back