No more voting please

Where do you fancy going? (one vote per person please)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Now that we've had some idea for places to go, I've created a poll. This will enable us to have a better idea as to what time of year to go.

Please can you vote (one vote per person please), so that we can see what people are favouring.

Many thanks

CC xx

P.S - even if you're a newbie; you are MORE than welcome to come along. We are a friendly bunch and the inspiration and wonderful stories you hear about everyone's personal weight loss journey's will ensure you won't regret or forget it.

P.P.S - You don't have to be at your 'goal' to go; nor do you have to have to be a follower of Cambridge Diet or any other VLCD to attend. Anyone and EVERYONE is welcome and so are 'significant others' :)

C C xx

Sounds exciting:D.... i'm up for it if my finances improve!!!!!!:eek:

xxxxxx:)

iT WOULDN'T BE THE SAME WITHOUT THE STUNNING YOU!!!!!

We've got about 12 months to save. :D

Can we do it the second half of next year after school hols- like September time?? As I have all my holiday booked for the year now and school hol time is really expensive.... plus I am probs getting married early part of next summer too :D :D xx

We havent come up with a month, we'll set up a poll for that too.

All these weddings next year!!! OMG :D

I think we should have a second vote too - just like voting for the London Mayor :)

My first vote was for Amsterdam (because it's fun, not too expensive and close enough to get to easily for a few days away), but my second would probably be for Palma - just because I've never been there before :cool:

can i ask - have you all been before to a meet. i would love to go but wondred if you all know each other already :)

Hi Daisy

Some of us have been to meets before so know each other already - others haven't and this would be their first one :)

There's always a 'first time' and everyone is nervous at their first meet. I promise though ... one time and you're hooked! :D

I think we should have a second vote too - just like voting for the London Mayor :)

My first vote was for Amsterdam (because it's fun, not too expensive and close enough to get to easily for a few days away), but my second would probably be for Palma - just because I've never been there before :cool:

I agree with a second vote - I wanted to vote for Palma aswell and wanted to even more so when I was looking at some photos last night when I was there a few years ago. Although I think the North of the Island (Pollensa) is nicer :)

GGgggrrrr.... I wrote a reply to this and it's disappeared!!!!

Basically, what the previous post (which I lost) said:

1. I understand the want for a 2nd vote. However with would skew the poll. The poll is their to just gage interest in the most popular places

2. I was hoping people would post their 2nd choices on the thread itself

3. It is my intention to open up another poll with less options weeding out those destinations like Hamburg, which, were thrown into the pot as ideas, but have so far not attracted iny interest.

Hopefully I'm not behaving like some totalitarian autocrat. If I am .. tell me! :D

4. In terms of places to go:

Amsterdam - Amsterdam is cheap and easy to get to. Never been myself, but I get the impression the place is geared up for folks like us in more ways than one

Barcelona - I was supposed to go last year with the infamous M. :mad: The flights we booked were cheap. The accomodation less so, in fact it was rather expensive. Also not sure it's geared up for revellers like us miniminers

Bruges - Never been. Don't know anything about it

Budapest - as above

Dublin - Cheap to get to. Accomodation expensive. We've been there already though ..

Hamburg - Cheap to get to. Accomodation cheap. Lovely scenery. Great in December (Xmas markets). Not geared up for night life IMHO, unless your name is Sting .... need I say more? :rolleyes:

Marrakech - Cheap to get to. Dirt cheap accomodation. Night life is fab. Great weather all year around. If there are enough of us, hire out a whole Riad at circa £15-20 per night.

Palma - never been. No opinion.

Prague - as above. Never been, but I've heard it's wonderful for a bunch of giggling girls and guys

Talinn - Never heard of the place, how uncultured am I?!!

I hope this helps.

I agree with you about Barcelona, C-C. An absolutely beautiful place, good weather but SO damned expensive .. and is probably far more a 'cultural' city than a party one.

Palma: can we go for just (say) 3 nights? If so, that would be a lot of fun :D

Amsterdam: I've been there before and it has loads to do! Pricewise, it isn't too expensive to get to or find somewhere to stay - and cost of food/drink etc. is pretty reasonable too.

Dublin: Again, great fun. Loads to do and see - but far more expensive than expected. (Plus, as you say, we've been there before ...)

Marrakesh: LOVING the idea of a Minimins Riad!!! It's also amazingly cheap to go out once you're there too.

Prague: I was there in January for my birthday and it's 'Party Town' for both female and male groups :cool:. No shortage of bars and places to eat .. and it's the prettiest place I've ever seen!

Hamburg: Think I agree with you again hun. Probably a bit TOO 'red light' for our delicate little souls :eek:

I think the other places mentioned needs a wee bit of research on my part too :rolleyes:

Can I change my vote??!!!! I want Marrakesh now!! Voted for Barcalona before ... but have been there before.

LOL! I'll bare Marrakech /Marrakesh in mind as your first vote...

Riads are simply beautiful places. I have to admit it took me totally by surprise.

Anyway it is probably good if people do their research and post on here if they find anything. :)

This is where I stayed last year for my 30th Birthday:

.: Riad Karmela : guest house of charm :.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back