No more weekly syns

Does it contain alcohol though? Lol.

Ive found extra dry martini 2.5 syns per 50 ml I'm trying it now with caffeine free coke it's lovely takes like sweet wine to me. So woohoo I've found my drink. ;-).

Blergh! Rather you than me lol!

images

I went to the pics last night with 80 syns left for the week. I had a subway veggie delite on 6 inch italian(9), baked crisps(5), and some sweeties. I over guestamated the sweets. In total that day I had 50 syns. Still leaves me 25 for 3 days. It has worked for me this way. I will let you know the desultory mon night xxx

I always thought flexi syning WAS saving a few for weekend and having less syns in the week? I think I need to learn what the term actually means lol

I always thought flexi syning WAS saving a few for weekend and having less syns in the week? I think I need to learn what the term actually means lol

There is a thread on here somewhere about flexi-synning

Flexi synning is when you can have up to an extra 50 syns x

With flexi synning you decide beforehand how many syns you are going to have, it can be more than 50.

As well as your usual 5-15 a day?!
If you know you are going out for a meal for example, you start by saying you will have whatever the number of syns you think you may need 20,30,40,50,60,70,80 etc and you keep counting until you reach that number then stop The next day you are back to your 5-15 No adjustments needed on the day before or the day after

If you know you are going out for a meal for example, you start by saying you will have whatever the number of syns you think you may need 20,30,40,50,60,70,80 etc and you keep counting until you reach that number then stop The next day you are back to your 5-15 No adjustments needed on the day before or the day after

Think important to say for newbies here that by flexi synning you are staying in control of your eating however you must fully expect that you may not loose weight that week, or of you do this regular your unlikely to see any results. This element of sw plan is about staying in control , damage limitation not weightloss.

I think it comes down to if you're happy with your progress, that's what my consultant says... we have one girl in class who loses 1/2lb a week or Maintains and she was sat in class a few weeks ago really upset, consultant suggested it and the girl came back last week with a 2lb loss.

I've not had a flexi night in 10 weeks, but I know they're there if I need them, I wouldn't have less than 5syns, I normally have between 5-9 a day, very rarely over 9.

My mum was a consultant years and years ago.... she trained about 19 years ago.... and they stopped 'banking' as she called it about 15 years ago and introduced flexis

I include my flexi syns into my weekly syns of 105. I spread mine out as to what I fancy, never really exceeding 15 per day but if I had 10 previous day I juggle the extra 5 xxx

I think it would be better to save some syns up for the weekend or an occasion etc than just end up going off plan but maybe not to do it all the time.
There are schools of thought though its not sw that zig zagging your intake of cals keeps your body on its toes so that might suggest varying the days syn amounts would be better than always having exactly the same but as I say thats not on sw ;) but please don't shoot me for mentioning it.

Flexi synning is when you can have up to an extra 50 syns x

Not quite. When you decide to flexi syn, you can decide on the amount of syns you are going to allow yourself, which keeps you in control. You could have a flexi syn day when you allow yourself more or less than 50.

I think that when you try to establish a healthy lifestyle, bingeing needs to become a thing of the past. Saving syns for the weekend is just another way of bingeing so that's why SW would discourage it.

Not quite. When you decide to flexi syn, you can decide on the amount of syns you are going to allow yourself, which keeps you in control. You could have a flexi syn day when you allow yourself more or less than 50.

I think that when you try to establish a healthy lifestyle, bingeing needs to become a thing of the past. Saving syns for the weekend is just another way of bingeing so that's why SW would discourage it.

I don't see what I do (saving my syns for the weekend) as bingeing, I usually have about 40 syns on a Saturday night, :rolleyes: and I do always count them. For me binging would be 'out of control' & excessive syns, i.e. more than the 40 I have.

It could be argued that flexi synning is bingeing.

SW has to fit in with my lifestyle & saving my syns for a Saturday night keeps me on track, if I didn't do it that way I'd just gain weight & be back to square one. ;)

I don't see what I do (saving my syns for the weekend) as bingeing, I usually have about 40 syns on a Saturday night, :rolleyes: and I do always count them. For me binging would be 'out of control' & excessive syns, i.e. more than the 40 I have.

It could be argued that flexi synning is bingeing.

SW has to fit in with my lifestyle & saving my syns for a Saturday night keeps me on track, if I didn't do it that way I'd just gain weight & be back to square one. ;)

that's my thinking too x

Back