No social life

Me i Im thinking about 10 weeks im looking to loose about 3 stone, why u ask hun?q

The reason i asked is because im starting to get bored too but im going to be on LT for at least 20 more weeks so id do anything to be in your shoes right now!!!!! :)

well you have done absolutly fantastic so far! Keep it going the way you have and u will hit target befor your twenty weeks

God i hope so. Im hoping ill be close enough to my target by christmas that i can come off LT and lose the last little bit with healthy eating

Im sure you will!! Are you excited about being able to wear all the things you want again? I'am! Cant wait to feel nice and know that i look ok!

God im SO excited about going into normal shops and actually looking at clothes! iv already arranged a big shopping trip to london in feb so i can buy some really nice things (just got to start saving!)

not been out for meals and sat there yet, but i do still go out, my friends from work took me out as i cant drive just yet with my wrist, so they took me shopping, bought some lovely boots :D they had a macdonalds, and i loved smelling ti and knowing the taste would be totally different.

also go to pubs and cinema a lot, i tend to drink black coffee with a sweetner and donate the chocolate or wafer to a friend. i find i manage really well. but then again, i want to develop the habit of not just mindlessly eating when i am out - so i think i will prob always avoid sweets in the cinema and have coffee instead, and perhaps get used to the convenience of driving to places and carry on not drinking.

so all in all - i dont find it anti social really, but then again, i would prob feel akward in a restaurant, more for the others being watched and the staff thinking i'm a freak than my own temptation.

I am looking forward to eating in a nice restaurant again though, a nice romantic evening out.

my OH has promised to take me for a nice romantic meal when im eating again so thats something nice to look forward to!!

Dunno about romantic meals out (had a bit of a thing about eating in front of strangers for a while) but J did make me a nice birthday cake for Wednesday... made out of card and shiny stars :D Bless him! :)

ahhh how sweet! :)

how lovely!
yeah keith has also lost weight and we have both decided on a nice meal at the end or it, although i prob wont be able to manage more than a starter by then!!

i really hope this diet shrinks my stomach! i used to eat a huge plate full of food and still be hungry so hopefully a nice salad will fill me up now!

Me too I would eat a huge portion and clear kids plates too well that habit has now stopped

A couple of peas and a mouthful of sweetcorn will prolly fill us up now lol :)

Heres hoping it will, well if anything I think my attitude to food is changing

i think if we look out for that full feeling that paul mckenna talks about then we will start to notice when to stop.

it is an ideal time to change our habbits.

oh mine has definatly changed already. I cant wait till i can have some nice healthy salmon and veg or stir fry!!!

I'm looking forward to cooking everything and enjoying what I've created, not just eating for the sake of eating/boredom/stress/it's 4pm/5pm/6pm lol

My social life is pretty quiet at the best of times so I refuse to forgo the few dates in my diary. I have been to barbeques, girlie nights, cinema, the usual things with no problem and have a party to go to at the end of the month. I've been on LT for nearly 21 weeks and have the prospect of another 3 months on it at the rate I'm losing (why haven't my scales moved this week?) and that is way too long to be a hermit!

Hang in there everyone, however long we end up on this diet, it is still a very small part of our lives - especially as being so much healthier we are likely to live longer!!!!!

x

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like you cant really have much of a social life on this diet. I think i just associate food and drink with enjoyment. All i can think about is sitting in front of the tv with a pizza watchin a film and once again with a glass of wine!!!
Im finding i get bored alot :-(.

Hi Yummymummy
I know exactly what you mean and its so true...most socializing involves food and drink........and not just alcohol but a cappucino even! But i will say don't give in...I got through the first four days no prob......then gave in to a coffee with milk and had lunch with friends....Nxt day ended up going out with work...wine and pizza;( and then Wednesday-had two shakes but ended up in a wine bar---grrrrr:break_diet:So only lost 3lbs but it was my time of the month aswell so thats prob why i gave in sosooo easily...:mad:

But since then iv bin a-okay!...altough that only four days ago...yest met friends in town and i find if u actually tell them u on a diet its grand!...i brought a flapjack to eat while they ate..was fine;)

Like you im a bit of a wine fan and thats what im finding hard in evenings/wkends.....But fingers crossed eh!!

Best of luck xxx

Back