No support at home :(

missbliss

Hi everyone, i've been doing sw on and off for over a yr and a half now. i'm now on my 5th time joining, although this time i'm doing it online.

my problem is that my husband gives me no support, no positive encouragement and tells me that sw is a waste of time and money and that it's never gonna work.

having no one to keep me motivated and encourage me to keep going makes things so hard. i also suffer from post natel depression, so this alone has knocked my confidence and self belief.

i have over 6 stone to lose, i want to lose it so bad and rediscover the old me but at the minute there is no light at the end of the tunnel :sigh:

I too have no support as such I dont even go to classes I work from home so have no work mates, I have only lived here a short while and have no mates, my partner really isnt bothered about me losing weight he actually likes bigger girls even tho hes a 32" waist himself, but I am doing this for ME so no matter what anyone else says "good or bad" I will do this, :D

I started with over 10st to lose I have lost almost 6st

oh my god, that's fantastic!! u must feel so good about urself, but also within urself. u've done so well, i'm going to an aerobics clas tomoro morn in the hope that a bit of exercise will give me a good kick up the backside and start me off. how do u find following the plan from home?

You two should buddy up and support each other!!

oh my god, that's fantastic!! u must feel so good about urself, but also within urself. u've done so well, i'm going to an aerobics clas tomoro morn in the hope that a bit of exercise will give me a good kick up the backside and start me off. how do u find following the plan from home?

With the help of this site I find it incredibly easy :) if I need any info I always find it after a quick search on here, and as for the recipes I have found loads on here when I like one I write it out into my book, I also buy the mag and when I'm done with it I put the pages into polly pockets and into a folder :)

It's such a shame that your husband isn't offering you the support that you need and doesn't believe that slimming world will work. Hopefully you'll get plenty of support on here to help you along and get you going in the right direction.

If you stick with it, you'll lose the weight and prove to your husband that it does work, I'm sure :) I know a few people who have lost a lot of weight on the plan, so I know it really works and I'm really making an effort to stick with it this time. I find keeping a diary on here really helps too.

I'm bait like you girls too! I rarely have support at hone, but I've to the conclusion that only I can lose weight no one can help me! And when I have reached my goal I will remind my other half I did it without his support, and with him constantly trying to sabotage it!!!

I'm bait like you girls too! I rarely have support at hone, but I've to the conclusion that only I can lose weight no one can help me! And when I have reached my goal I will remind my other half I did it without his support, and with him constantly trying to sabotage it!!!

i like ur way of thinking lancsgirl!! losing this weight would be a good two fingers to him lol!!

thanks girlies, feeling so much better now, siting on the sw website copying out some delicious recipes. will put the kids to bed and draw out a menu for the week to inspire me to stick to plan :)

Just wanted to wish you luck on your journey. I follow the plan from home without the support of a group & ultimately the success of it is down to you. Its a shame that your husband isnt more supportive though. Maybe when he sees how well you are getting on & how much better it is making you feel maybe he will be more supportive. You know what men can be like..having to see it to believe it works & all that!! I'm hoping tomorrow when I weigh in that I'll have lost 6 stone so it can be done & this forum is a fantastic source of support. I know I culdnt have done it without the support of the wonderful people on here :)

Hi Missbliss, you can do this with or without the help of your OH!
Slimming world is fantastic and keep at it, for youself!! That's my main reason for doing it!
I see you're from my neck of the woods aswell and I'm relatively new to it too so we can both stick at it and maybe help each other!! :D
Good luck!!!

I find my Husband doesn't really understand how my weight affects my mood and how low it makes me feel and that makes everything else a bit harder. Just keep going and to keep yourself motivated try a trick someone told me which is brilliant. Everytime you lose weight at a weigh-in put an item that weighs as much as you have list in a bag. Whenever u are losing motivation or feeling low pick up the bag and feel how much you have achieved. You will be amazed how heavy it feels after 6 weeks let alone 6 months!!

My husband used to be like this as in my last group i was having slow losses and it was because i was depressed as i was always stuck at home so i eventually left that group and he was saying i told you so it wouldnt work for you. But as soon as we moved i rejoined at another group and soon proved my husband wrong and made him eat his words as since may i have been losing every week and still losing even though i am pregnant x so give it time and continue with sw with the support of this forum and prove him wrong hunny x

thank you safia, i appreciate this soooo much!!! and well done to u for proving him wrong :) xxx

Back