No Support :(

blondie29

Ive just about had enought today, its only my first week, Day 3 and so far no problems at all, but after telling my dad I was doing WW he had a rant at me about how it wont work, I wont lose weight and I should just cut down on what I eat and stop eating all sugar things that are bad.

When I told my hubby what my dad said he said he agreed with my dad and that WW wont work :( he said I will just gain any lost weight back.

Now everytime I have a biscuit or anything that is within my points they say I shouldnt have it as Im breaking my diet - gggrrrrrrr :mad:

I still havent broke it though and I do still have 15 points left to enjoy something sweet but Im feeling all guilty now.

Hope everyone is having a better day than me !!!!!!

Aww ignore them hun. Men they can be really insensitive sometimes. Of course you will lose weight if you stick to the plan. Thousands a people have proven it.

I'm only in my second week and feeling good about it this week. Even dipping into my weeklies tonight

Good luck and don't let them bring you down, They should be supportive

dont listen to them hun. when i have a biscuit my husband looks at me like i'm doing something wrong. he doesn't seem to take in the fact that the biscuit has been factored into my points.

let it give you the determination to succeed and prove them wrong. every time my husband gives me that look or says something i just point out that i have lost half a stone in 3 weeks so clearly it is.working.... then i tell him to do one lol

he doesn't understand why we have to use our daily points. i did try to explain that our points are what we need to keep our bodies functioning but it falls on deaf ears.

they won't be saying it when the.weight drops off!

Try to ignore them sweetie.
It almost sounds as if they want you to fail :(
I have a sister similar like this, she keeps telling me I'm obsessed and that I have an eating disorder (which I don't), and she's generally unsupportive.
It's hard not to let it get to you but my advice is to just keep going, cause you're doing this for yourself, not for them!

Sounds like a very selfish attitude by your family there, they should be there to support you.

I have 3 sisters and I am used to the bs about appearance / weight / confidence issues. Families are sometimes not the support systems they should be.

If you have tried asking them to support you through this change, and they are not supporting you I would just take it as a sign of (a) jealousy of you trying to better yourself b. use it as motivation to stick to your plan and PROVE them wrong.

But then again it doesn't matter what they or I think, it's what you think. If you stay focused and see results and you're happy with it, then who cares what anyone else thinks. You will always have the support of people on the forum.

Focus on yourself and be proud of yourself. You have made the right decision to try WW and already taken to hardest decision you will have to make. Go for it!

Last edited:
Blondie, so sorry to hear you had a rubbish day! And that you are not getting the support you deserve!! What is it with friends and especially family who think they can dictate what you should/should not do when it comes to YOUR weight and life!

You will only gain the weight back if you eat your body weight in cheese, chocolate and lard lol! If you think of WW as a change in eating patterns and portion control then eventually (i hope) it would come natural. And even once you get to target, WW give help on how to maintain the weight!

My mum tends to get "involved'' in my weight loss. When I told her I was switching from SW (a diet we've all done) to WW (a diet only my aunt has done - with success!) i thought she was gonna have a moan at me... luckily once i talked it all through with her - what i can have, how many points, what foods etc... she realised that it was a LOGICAL diet that meant i could actually eat lots of the same foods with the family :) now shes gone out and helps me plan my meals etc.

It is horrible that you dont get the support you need at home BUT you need to know that you aren't losing weight for your dad. Or even your hubby. You are losing it for YOU to make YOU feel much better
and give you the best life possible. I'm glad you came on here to vent frustrations instead of throwing your hard work away! From my experience - mainly with SW - this forum is great for that! Keeping you on track and speaking to like minded people!

Keep it up hun :) stuff the haters xxx

Thank you so much for all your support. I am going to ignore them and just carry on and when i lose weigh i will shove it back at them.

They seem to think that a diet means giving up everything except fruit, veg and salad. I have tried to explain the diet but they dont listen to me.... Thanks for listening to me everyone and im gonna look forwars to my first weigh in :)

Your lucky my boyfriend believes that you can eat whatever you want but as long as you go to the gym then itll all magically work out.... bless him lol xx

I would be fuming if my hubby spoke to me like that o_O . I can't believe how many husbands arnt supportive , if im in the mood for a choccy biscuit my hubby wouldn't question it , my boss came into work yesterday with a empty bag of chocolate buttons just so she could put the empty bag in.our bin so her hubby wouldn't see it in theirs :O Crazy ! Id never hide any food or lie about what I've eaten to anyone as these things build up into bigger things and might lead to a disorder . Id certainly never discourage anyone if what they felt they were doing is improving their lifestyle , health etc . I really really hope you achieve your desired weightloss :)

You need to tell them ww is a lifestyle change not a diet, it's not about giving things up completely, more about making changes and incorporating them into everyday life! Then prove them wrong when you lose the weight and keep it off! And come here for support, best ww site ive found for genuine support & encouragement!

The only way they are going to 'get it' is when you lose the weight by doing the plan- my hubby used to be the same and last night when I expressed guilt of eating a large dinner, he reminded me that it was ok as it was within my points lol.

X all the best x

Well after my rant in Asda last night I stormed off upstairs and had a bath...... Came down to a candlelit meal with a note that had all the PP's worked out....... Burst into tears again ( can't you tell it's flipping TOTM!!!) and my boyfriend apologised for upsetting me and said he understands how much it means to me and he'll back me 100% :)

So I take back how much I called him on the phone to my mum whilst I was in the bath :)

Keep going all you fabulous wonderful ladies and WE WILL do it in spite of negative peeps and NOT because of them!!!! Xxxxxxxx

i think the only way to shut them up is ignore their comments ,stick to the plan, and make them eat humble pie :D

well my love , what an incentive to make it work for you! Ihear this all the time from oh, all you need is excersise! well that may be true for some but for me ,no! I am a food aholic! I love the stuff! I need a diet that controls my portions while being realistic and allowing for the odd blow out as ww does! I have done every diet going, including ww, but not the new pp! lost weight put it back on, because they were not lifestyle changes as ww is! LL being the most extreme! during all of them i have been blasted with negative coments and sarcasm! this time i hav done it quietly, only a select few know i am doing it ! the ones who do, most have beem supportive, the ones who have not been i ignore! im doing this for myself ! you need to just keep going and let every negative comment make you more determined and srong! good luck babe.x

Hi hun

This is the last thing u need whilst trying to change yr lifestyle on a diet!!!

All the advice on here is true and we will support u all the way stick to it prove them wrong they will be eating their words then

Good luck hun and we all here for you xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

More incentive to lose and say up yours! Ha!

This time iv also not told many people in dieting, people like my oh and mum and some select friends know but that's it .. I would rather they just say Ooo you look like uv lost weight rather then saying it as yet know your dieting

this is awful, they shouldn't be saying that to you. i have the same thing with, well every one! my boyfriends quite supportive when he's not trying to take me to KFC bless him lol. my mam thinks its stupid but she know's its worked before and she admits im getting thinner, she actually thinks im TOO skinny now. im not even halfway to goal, and i'm not by and means skinny, i think she just wants me to stop! im not gonna until im happy. and my brother is the worst. it may just be jealousy but he thinks im obsessing, and that it wont work, i've tried and tried to get him outta his habits (he's 17 stone) but it falls on deaf ears. ill just wait until he realises he's not helping himself.
Wow you've made me rant about my own family haha i feel better thanks lol.
don't let them bother you coz i dont and when im walking around 2 sizes smaller i'll be the smug one as you will be
I hope ur ok, please dont let it put you off
xxx

Back