Extra Easy no syns left :(

hollystar100

had a bit of a blow out and have no syns left, dont superfree and free only tomorrow and Monday! usually dont go over ten a day but Friday wine and Saturday Chinese equals slap on the wrist for me! need some motivation before weigh in looking forward to steak tomorrow night will hopefully keep me away from the chocolate!

Im the same used 80 last night and tonight so I am upto 105...worried because my WI is on Monday....I never use all my syns and because I have used them all just over the weekend Im panicking that I will gain. Will have to make sure I eat a lot of super free tomorrow and Monday!

I've suddenly seem to have realised (after over a decade of dieting, somehow!) that it's so psychological in the fact that you really have to say to yourself 'do I WANT this, or do I NEED it?'
Most of the time it will be want. I know it sounds horrible but read stories of starvation like from those who survived concentration camps and you'll realise how much the body can do and get away with by being on very little food. Eat to live, don't live to eat! Try thinking of food primarily as a fuel for your body to keep it doing what it needs to do and NOT as a treat.
Also think about how much you want this. If you take a few minutes before eating to think about all the hard work you've done so far and how one splurge could undo all of that and how much you would rather see those pounds come off than enjoy perhaps an hour of (GUILTY!) happiness and STS and put on then you'll probably decide to not have those synful 'pleasures' and choose something that is free and will fill you up just as well!
I've been using these thoughts to make much more intelligent decisions about food. I was going to have fries as a side on a meal because I had a LOAD of syns but I didn't NEED those chips and it was using the syns for the sake of using them and possibly hindering my progress, so I went for a free jacket potato instead.

Try printing these kind of 'affirmations'(rule, etc...whatever you want to call them) and get into the habit of really thinking about the future and the consequences instead of giving into the moment and feeling crappy about it!

As for using a lot of syns...don't worry! I've been using weekly syns. Last week I had two smartly choiced takeaways (one chinese and one indian) and used up less than half my weekly total of 105, including syns for other stuff on other days! It's just realising you can do these little changes, still really enjoy them and still have really good progress. Remember that when you get your weight under control, you can have these higher things because when you step on the scale and perhaps see a couple of pounds on, you will be so much fitter for exercising it off or go back on strict plan for a week and you won't have to gain, gain, gain!

Just wait awhile in all things dieting. I think a lot of the problems we have as 'overeaters' is that we aren't very patient!!! Haha.

I hope I've helped :)

FaithFluro said:
I've suddenly seem to have realised (after over a decade of dieting, somehow!) that it's so psychological in the fact that you really have to say to yourself 'do I WANT this, or do I NEED it?'
Most of the time it will be want. I know it sounds horrible but read stories of starvation like from those who survived concentration camps and you'll realise how much the body can do and get away with by being on very little food. Eat to live, don't live to eat! Try thinking of food primarily as a fuel for your body to keep it doing what it needs to do and NOT as a treat.
Also think about how much you want this. If you take a few minutes before eating to think about all the hard work you've done so far and how one splurge could undo all of that and how much you would rather see those pounds come off than enjoy perhaps an hour of (GUILTY!) happiness and STS and put on then you'll probably decide to not have those synful 'pleasures' and choose something that is free and will fill you up just as well!
I've been using these thoughts to make much more intelligent decisions about food. I was going to have fries as a side on a meal because I had a LOAD of syns but I didn't NEED those chips and it was using the syns for the sake of using them and possibly hindering my progress, so I went for a free jacket potato instead.

Try printing these kind of 'affirmations'(rule, etc...whatever you want to call them) and get into the habit of really thinking about the future and the consequences instead of giving into the moment and feeling crappy about it!

As for using a lot of syns...don't worry! I've been using weekly syns. Last week I had two smartly choiced takeaways (one chinese and one indian) and used up less than half my weekly total of 105, including syns for other stuff on other days! It's just realising you can do these little changes, still really enjoy them and still have really good progress. Remember that when you get your weight under control, you can have these higher things because when you step on the scale and perhaps see a couple of pounds on, you will be so much fitter for exercising it off or go back on strict plan for a week and you won't have to gain, gain, gain!

Just wait awhile in all things dieting. I think a lot of the problems we have as 'overeaters' is that we aren't very patient!!! Haha.

I hope I've helped :)

Here here .... Last night i was at a wedding doo and i did have the hog roast and chocolate fountain and it was good most of the time i say no to things like that but as i had done a 13 hr shift and had no tea i gave in .... I needed to eat and there was actually no other food options i could have stopped at the hog roast and still been on plan ish with syns but i didnt only myself to blame but its done now and i cant change what the scales say tomorrow all i can do Is move on and be good today and try for 100% on track next week

I understand what your saying, however having been on slimming world for less than two months sticking to plan 100% with 5-10 syns a day. I really didn't want to deprive myself, and yes that's how it feels especially when having friends over or going out. I haven't gone over my weekly syns though as I didnt use and Wed/Thu and won't use any today and tomorrow. Im hoping I haven't gained but if I have then I will know for definate that saving syns doesn't work (as I have had differing opinions on this from two consultants).

If you haven't gone over your weekly syns, I wouldn't worry too much. Remember you have to overeat by 3500 calories roughly to gain a lb of proper fat. Personally I think if you have gained this week, if would be due to water retention and maybe needing a good poo! Haha.

I completely understand about not wanting to deprive yourself. My favourite curry is butter chicken but it's 17.5 syns...Rogan Josh is only 7? I still haven't got my favourite since restarting the plan because I'm getting something I can still enjoy and I know when I'm closer to goal, I can perhaps be a bit more liberal then and then get my favourite. I think it's knowing when and where to have those extra synful treats and deciding with yourself whether you'd be okay with a different loss for that week

I hope all goes well x

I'd draw a line under it and carry on as normal. I know if i go over and say "i can't have that" i want it more, if i draw a line under it then yes, i have had more syns that I should but i don't go craving everything cos I know I can't have it. last time I tried it i'd used my weekly syns then just craved chocolate so much, more so than usual cos i knew i couldn't have it which lead to me binging and wasting more syns. So draw a line under it, you are more likely to not feel deprived, and there is a fair chance you will still lose.

This is not a diet. Its a healthy eating plan. 1 meal does not ruin your healthy eating plan, nor does 1 day or 1 week. I have learnt the hard way and I know I will have weeks that I want to sway from the plan, but that's ok, as long as I am happy with my decision to do so. Draw a line under it. Carry on regardless, don't worry about it and eat syns if you need them, rather than feeling guilty and deprived, be prepared not to lose, and then get straight back on the plan. This plan is not a fad its a plan for life xx

I lost 3 so no harm here. Tbh though I have started to notice that the more syns I use the more weight I lose x

shellywelly1983 said:
This is not a diet. Its a healthy eating plan. 1 meal does not ruin your healthy eating plan, nor does 1 day or 1 week. I have learnt the hard way and I know I will have weeks that I want to sway from the plan, but that's ok, as long as I am happy with my decision to do so. Draw a line under it. Carry on regardless, don't worry about it and eat syns if you need them, rather than feeling guilty and deprived, be prepared not to lose, and then get straight back on the plan. This plan is not a fad its a plan for life xx

This is a very good comment :) I can't 'like' it as I'm on my phone but I would if I could!!

Back