No WI today and not impressed!

XxAbbiexX23

Dieting & Mummy To Ethan
I'm probably going to sound really out of order here, but I went up to the chemist today expecting my weigh in. The car's battery had died so I'd walked up in the freezing cold to the chemist and had some stuff to do afterwards.
I got to the chemist to be told that BOTH of the staff who do the LT were on lunch and even after I explained my situation about my car being out of sorts and not being able to come back due to having to sort stuff out RE: the car, even then, I was told they couldn't take 5 minutes out of their time to quickly weigh me and sort out my shakes.
On one hand I understand, they were on lunch, but why BOTH at the same time? Surely they'd have realised there'd have been people coming in.
If the car had been working, there would have been no problem, I'd have been able to go away and come back, but given that I needed to walk to where I needed to get to, it added extra time and I had no spare shakes.
I then asked if the member of staff at the till would be able to get my shakes for me and I'd get weighed next week. For some reason, that member of staff wasn't able to so she asked my regular weigh in person if she'd get them.
My god, the face on her when she came out with them. She slammed the bag on the table and said £36 rather snootily before walking off. I did apologise for interrupting her lunch and tried to explain that I wasn't trying to be awkward but she just seemed so dissatisfied with that.

What baffles me is that at first I was considering waiting half an hour in the chemist for her to finish her lunch, but then I thought, why should I wait half an hour for a 5 minute thing? It takes all of 2 seconds to weigh me, write it down and get my shakes. One person could have weighed me, the other get the shakes and then the staff at the till could have rung it through.

So I have no set result for this week, however, my scales are usually pretty accurate when I'm doing my video's so I'll just go with a 2lb loss this week, but I am not really impressed today, although not sure if I have the right to be.

Maybe I'm selfish and unreasonable for thinking she could have taken 5 minutes out of her time to see to me, even when on her lunch but then on the other hand, her attitude when she brought the shakes out to me just shocked me and it only would have been 5 minutes, if that and like I said, if the car was working, there'd have been no problem but I wouldn't have been able to get back there in time. Not as if there was anyone else in there either. :confused::confused:

I fully understand your situation and yes I think they were a little out of order, I work in a shop where there are three of us and only one can go on lunch at a time and on the proviso that if needed they come back to the shop floor and being as the ladies in your chemist both have the responsibilty for Liptrim and were both present then yes they should have just done it or not go to lunch together. After all its not like they cant regain the 5/10mins it takes at the end of their lunch is it.
On the other hand they have no idea what a big issue it is for us to be weighed or how it effects us,
especially if they are stick insects
Julie

I agree whole heartedly with you Abbie.. They were definitely in the wrong!!

Pharmacists (in this area anyway) are supposed to be giving advice/helping people to ease the stress on the GP service.... Lucky you didn't need urgent medical advice!!!!

I really cannot understand why ANYONE in the chemist can't do it... It's hardly rocket science!!! They have to weigh you, record it, get your shakes and take your money!! My pharmacist has been unable to find the LT folder before and has written my weight on the back of her hand!! But it is logged in the folder by the next week...

Regardless of your situation with the car, if they can't fulfil their obligations, perhaps they should shut the shop completely so noone is "disturbed" during lunchtime.. Either that or organise their lunch rota better!!

You're right, they're wrong!!! (that's my opinion anyway!! lol) x x

Hi Abbie.... have thought about the situation and yes the chemist is totally out of order esp after you explained to them the situation with your car ..... my DH is in a medical profession and is obligated to help regards of lunch or not.....On top of that you are paying them a lot of money for their service. 5mins here or there can be easily recovered.....disgusting attitude!!! I would really complain as this should not happen again! :flamingmad:

Hi Abbie.... have thought about the situation and yes the chemist is totally out of order esp after you explained to them the situation with your car ..... my DH is in a medical profession and is obligated to help regards of lunch or not.....On top of that you are paying them a lot of money for their service. 5mins here or there can be easily recovered.....disgusting attitude!!! I would really complain as this should not happen again! :flamingmad:

Yeah Funky.. You tell 'em!!!! lol x x x

If it had been a 10 minute wait, I'd have waited no problem. But half an hour, in the freezing cold, with my baby. No way was I waiting half an hour, especially if he became restless and with no car, I'd have been stumped. I have a routine to keep to myself and I'd have had to settle him and goodness knows if he'd have stayed settled for me to get on with what needed to be done, so their help would have been greatly appreciated but as it was, they made me feel like I inconvenienced them more than they were inconveniencing me.

Ironic really that I was facing struggles to get my food because they couldn't detach themselves from their own food lol!

Anyway, after thinking about it, I'm not entirely happy with my chemist anyway. It takes forever to get seen to in there, there are close on 8 staff in there and only 2 of them are LT personnel as well as regular staff. LT isn't like a Class A drug or something, so surely they could all be trained on how to do the programme so that myself and other members on the programme aren't left sitting there like idiots and what makes me laugh the most is for the past 14 weeks I've been going there, every week, they still don't know what to put LT under on the till. Surely you'd phone head office and get them to put it on the till system?
Sorry, I'm just majorly annoyed with them right now, I feel like my routine has been messed with and I feel odd with not having had a weigh in. Oh well, I'll get over it.

Aww Abbie this is not good, the diet is hard enough without jobsworths like that making it harder. Regardless of your situation they should have helped you that is what they are there for.

I seem to be one of the only ones who is lucky with my chemist (i've only had one hiccup) Mine make an appointment on the system and i go the same time each week. and they always have what I need. therefore they get my repeated business.

Complain complain complain bad service is my bugbair. they need to be told!!!

Rant over.

Well done on your loss too xx

Oh dear so sorry about the chemist....My chemist was rubbish so i just changed to Exante. l only pay to a service thus good. lf you a big person you want to just get on with it and not feel like you are an inconvenience. Hugs x

I'd go the same time next week and be the stropiest customer I could muster just to p**s her off and get her back!

Only kidding I'm gutless really! :eek:

Back