Non food treats and rewards thread

surfinbernard

As we are all trying to have a better relationship with food by not seeing it as our only pleasure, and obviously trying to eat fewer calories, it's a good idea to reward weight loss with non-food treats, so what do you lot do to reward yourself for your weight loss achievements? I also don't like to break the bank!

My favourites are treats from Lush- the beauty of this one being that even a small achievement can be rewarded with a little treat, or a big one with a bit of a splurge, or a tiny one with a luxurious bath!

For a dress size drop I like to buy clothes, not expensive ones, maybe from a seconds/ end of season outlet or eBay as it may be that they don't fit for long if I am not at goal weight yet. And after all, doing up a bargain pair of smaller jeans feels just as awesome as an expensive pair!

Obviously the 'ultimate goal' will be rewarded with a proper clothes shop, again not in very expensive shops but a good basic wardrobe's worth including all the things I'd love to have worn but wasn't able to when I was chubby.

Also we might all add ideas of nice stuff we could do instead of eating for pleasure, so if you're not really hungry but want a biscuit or something, what could we do instead? Read a book, go shopping, walk the dog, take a bath, do some housework.

Let the ideas commence!!

I usually stick with new clothes, or even better shoes and accessories as they'll always fit :)

i like the idea of buying something from lush, thanks!

Got the England rugby shirt in black for my first 2 stone. Its a tight fit so had to lose weight or look like michelin man.

My next target is my end goal (23lb to go) and for that Im going to get some top gym kit - proper stuff not off the sale rail, as I hope I can wear it for ages as I sustain my weight

well i am a real girly girl....so my little treats are always things like a new lip gloss or a nice quality shampoo....

my more luxurious treats are having my nails done or going to the salon to have my hair done.....or new clothes...

and if i am feeling really happy with myself i splash out a bit more....for example, last week i paid £99 to get my eye brows done with permanent cosmetics....it was basically having them tatood on...ouch!!!!

i woulnt normally do a big spend like that but it was on special offer and i justified it to myself by using it as an early treat for my 5 stone weight loss goal....only a couple of pound away from that now!.....yay!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wow Wickedwitch that is awesome! 5 stone! amazing! You totally deserve a big treat!

Btw beauty treatments is a great one thanks :)

Last edited:
Yeah, getting hair done and stuff makes you feel even better on top of the weight loss!

Well this is going to happen all the time, but I just hit my 2 stone loss and OH has bid & won an Ipod Touch for me:D I am soo made up, as it means I can get the app for MFP and yacker on Twitter without using the PC anymore:cool:

My thing is bracelets, especially handmade or quirky ones, from eBay, and I bought one recently to celebrate reaching 25% of my weightloss goal... I type a lot and I have this general theory that rings and bracelets are the only jewellery the wearer gets to enjoy seeing... if that makes any sense! :D

Being able to fit back into my nicer clothes is also a bit of a treat! :bliss:

Back