Non Food Treats

melarnz

Silver Member
Hi

Slenda has given me this idea of a thread, that might be able to help everyone (especially me!!).

I am struggling to get my head round losing the last 30 (ish) lbs and feel like I need some treats along the way to help.

I really dont have an awful lot of spare time (those of you that know me, will know I have 2 young children, a job, a hubby that works a lot and am studying a degree).......so.......

Please give me your ideas on non food treats i can reward myself with as and when I hit my goals.

Thanks xxxx

I treat myself to things I wouldn't normally choose for myself - ie bubble bath: I usually get Radox, but this week I bought myself Sanctuary Oriental Float (1/3 off at Sainsburys) - still costs about £6 but never would consider buying luxury bubbles. I felt so indulged and special!

My other treats are books - normally I'm a charity shop book fiend, but have decided to order myself a book of choice when i come home after my meetings as a reward

These things are affordable yet luxurious - I'm planning on Spa treatments when I've nailed some of my bigger goals and hubbs has promised me an iPhone when i complete foundation (regardless of my loss)

Other ideas?

a family photo shot, this is what we will be having!

I have set myself little treats at every half a stone. They are usually some sort of make up as I love make up (unfortunately I like expensive make up but hey ho!).

I've also bought a set of books I wanted. For some of my bigger losses - 3 stone, I'm getting a new radley bag and when I get to goal I'm getting some Ugg boots.

What about a DVD, CD, some perfume etc?

The make up is a good one - I think I have said before that bubbles and candles are my fave treats - and handbags for big goals lol!

I know you haven't much time and are a very very busy mummy - that means time is your most precious commodity. So an idea might be to give yourself some of that precious commodity.What about talking to your OH about giving you a weekend day to yourself at your next mini target just to go and be Mel, not mummy, not partner, just Mel - and take yourself away for the day - for a manicure and haircut or shopping to buy something for that fabulous size 14 bottom and even tinier top half.

xxxx

What great ideas, Peony brilliant suggestion from you :) I love nothing more than a little bit of Jez time!!! I treated myself with little pamper treats. Make up can be a bit cheap and cheerful, I found some great bits in ASDA and Primark for next to nothing, little nail polishes etc. I also used to treat myself to little montaigne jeunesse face masks. Books are another great love, so yes, charity shop trawls for books or the occasional treat from Amazon.

You are doing soooooooo wonderfuly ladies, am vvv proud of ya!

Happy treating

Jez
xx

Oh dear i have just realised how many treats i have had, new agent provocateur perfume and underwear, 2 bikinis for when i'am skinny. Bubble bath and candles, new books, a facial and massage. Oh and a colonic but not sure that counts as a treat lol. I have also just booked a holiday for just myself when i complete abstanence.

Girly treat - pic

Lovely ideas ladies, especially Peony.
Me- time is the greatest luxury.
Here's one of my treats.
I bought it when Ireached a milestone.
I :heartpump: this bag

My trouble is I seem to be "treating" myself a bit too much and my bank balance doesn't thank me for it!!! I have turned my emotional crutch of food into an emotional crutch of spending! That said, some things have really helped- hot, long baths, buying and reading a really good book, dvds, make up, clothes for the new me....

It's just a shame ugg boots are so much more expensive than a chocolate bar... less of a quick fix though I suppose!

Well for my 2 stone treat, (well i'm a pound off it wont hurt!) I have had half my hair dyed pink. Cost me no more than my normal colour that I have every 5 weeks so bonus.
I am considering having full head next time :D But would need to buy a wig for work as they would not like it at all!!

Oh yeah, forgot to say... my big treat when I reach my final goal will be to get a tattoo!!! My first, and I am very excited and nervous! But can't wait... for the first time I will feel slim enough to show one off!!!

Oh yeah, forgot to say... my big treat when I reach my final goal will be to get a tattoo!!! My first, and I am very excited and nervous! But can't wait... for the first time I will feel slim enough to show one off!!!

Me too! Well it'll be my 3rd!
My friend is a tattoo artist and he's been wanting to get his hands on me for ages. So I have said when I have lost my weight he can do me my phoenix. I want it to represent the end of the old me and beginning of the new me! ;)
Glad I have some time before then though. Designing it is a biatch!

Haha yay! I know what you mean, I keep changing my mind about what I want and where I want it... will have it sorted by the time I need to though... cant wait!

Haha yay! I know what you mean, I keep changing my mind about what I want and where I want it... will have it sorted by the time I need to though... cant wait!

I know exactly what I want and where I want it. It's just getting the design perfect.

It is a phoenix in flight from my spine across the right hand side of my back. It's quite big!!

images

Like this But a Phoenix and not a snake!! :D

Ooh wow, it sounds lovely! With this being my first tattoo I don't want to get anything too big... that said the temptation is strong!!!

I think it will be on my back... just want to make it the right size so it doesnt look silly on the expanse of my back!!!

Although I guess it is a smaller expanse than three months ago! :D

Hahaha, I hope not too addictive, it could become an expensive habit!

gd plan!!

Back