Non-Scale Victories

BabyBlueEyes

Seen this on another part of the forum and thought it was a good idea, hope they don't mind me stealing it haha.

Well, i just done 30 mins of Just Dance 3 on the wii and the 30 day shred so i could have a bar of chocolate, and now i don't even want the bleeding thing! Me 1, chocolate NIL! (so that's a lie, i've had my fair share today lol)

Anyone else been hit with the feel good factor recently that didn't involve a lovely few pounds off the waistline? x

I put on pair jean yesterday that wouldn't fit few weeks ago! Very tight round the tummy but they wouldn't go past my bum before so I'm happy

Well done MrsMoose! x

Oooh good idea!

This might sound silly but mine was today, I went to meet a friend for lunch with our boys and I could have had a cake for dessert but didn't! I had the lowest cal pizza that I could find - I checked in advance! It might not seem much but I'm always easily swayed when it comes to food and when I cave in, I end up kicking myself for the rest of the day but now I feel good! I must remember this feeling! xxx

That's not silly at all Em, very hard resisting when eating so you done good! x

Just wanted to say that today, I received a couple of test tops from next today to see whether I fit into them - I can now officially say that I am in size 16 tops!!! For the first time in bloomin' years!!! So I'm over the moon! I therefore loooooooove calorie counting and should've done it before instead of all those fad diets! Long may it continue!!!!

Anyone else have any nsvs? Xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Woohoo, nice thread!
I like these things, really motivational!

Working on a NSV of my own - My ultimate one is to get my neckalace to fasten up comfortably, I have a string of pearls that is a wee bit snug.... heh

Wonder what my next NSV will be... x

I've been really good about fixing my portion sizes lately. For once I finally went out to a restaurant and knew right away I wouldn't come even close to finishing what they put in front of me!

I've been out walking a lot more and have started a couch potato to 5k running programme that's making me feel good about myself

mine are more exercise related but all the same! My first one is I started martial arts a month ago and I have my first grading tomorrow eek!! I've wanted to do it for a while but never had the confidence. secondly I ran on a treadmill for 6 continuous minutes! which probably sounds like nothing but made me feel amazing (once I'd managed to breathe again!) all my exercise is starting to make changes to my shape too so its all coming together (slowly)

Has anyone else got any?

Thanks all! I am calorie counting on mfp too it's just I'd always been a but anti exercise! Lol feel like both are falling into place now though :)

Wearing a dress to work ( never happens ) also got told I looked like a different person by someone in my office I haven't spoken to for a few months

I had such a lovely experience last week. With the sudden arrival of all this hot weather I dug deep in my wardrobe for some shorts. I found a size 16 pair of denim shorts that were a bit of a tight fit last year and put them on....and they fell right off me! So, with a big smile on my face I trotted off to asda to pick up some cheap denim shorts. So I took a size 14 into changing rooms and a size 12 (just to see how far away from a 12 I am). Anyway I put the size 12s on and they fit perfectly, I just couldn't believe it. I've not been in a size 12 since before my eldest was born over 7 years ago. I was so made up that I ended up buying another pair of black cotton shorts and a little denim skirt too.
This has given me a real boost. So I have decided that my next goal is going to be to get into a size 10 jeans. In my adult life I have never been a size 10, so we shall seee if I can do it or not.

I have three! Since it's been hot, far too hot for my usual black all over attire, I went out to town in a pair of shorts and a crop top (and a small cardy, modesty after all :p) and I felt great. I've not been outside with my belly out for years, and I've NEVER, NEVER! Been out with my legs out before! It was such a liberating feeling. Secondly, even when I was bigger my waist has always been my favourite part of my body, I took my measurements a week ago and I couldn't believe my eyes when the tape said 26.5 inches - when I first embarked on losing weight it was 37. Lastly, I always said my dream size was a 10, and that was unrealistic to me at the time, now I can walk into nearly any shop and all but the size 10 skinny jeans will fit me! Got a bit more to lose from the caboose before I can squeeze it happily into size 10 skinnies :p, but I'm getting there! It's so important to have non scale victories when losing weight I think, I find it far too easy to start beating myself up when I don't see the number I want but it's so true; once you start throwing away clothes that used to be far too small but are now far too big, you start realising just how well you've done. Well done everyone!

I agree! Reading this thread makes me so happy! It's those little things that we sometimes don't even acknowledge that mean so much :)

Back