Non weight loss related achievements

fingers crossed

Silver Member
As my weight loss has stayed the same for a few days I was getting a bit down but then I got in the bath today & didn't cause a dam in the water! Feels like quite an achievement as my hips & thighs are where I carry all my weight. If I could live life only from the waist up I'd not have to do this diet!

Anyone else had non weight loss success?

The weeks on the diet you don't lose much weight is usually the weeks you drop inches and dress sizes (jeans for me!).

I remember my first bath without being a dam!! Although I also remember getting BAS in the bath for the first time and I know why I prefer showers!!

Mike

hi, i also carry the weight on my hips and thighs(hips are like 2 well stuffed sofa's) i'm losing weight, but i think it's slower than most.

Lol Linda, that sounds a lot like me! Typical that its the last place we'll lose from too. I'm resolved to the fact that I'll alway have chunky thighs as even at 10st (at 5ft 9) I needed a size 14/16 to go over my thighs & lots of pretty belts!

Have you had any achievements other than weight loss that helped you stay on track?

I am amazed at how quickly the inches are falling off with this diet. In 39 days I have gone from a size 20/22 to a 16/18. I have bought three things in size 16 over the last week. One fits perfectly. One fits but is a little snug, and the other I can fasten but as soon as I breath I feel like im going to burst out of it. Some of my 18s are starting to feel a bit lose already.

I have hung up the 16s on the front of my wardrobe to keep me on track and remind me how well I am doing.

OMG WL8S - what an amazing inch loss.

I sounds like you will be into and out of the 16's before you know it :).

If you don't mind me asking - how tall are you?

My achievement was getting in the bath without all the water getting out...I know a body si supposed to displace water but it tended to disappear when I got in the bath...only to be found on the bathroom floor as a I nearly broke my neck trying to get out of my "dry bath"

WL8S I agree thats fab! Seeing those kind of losses keeps me going. I bought some trousers in the Next sale. A 'normal' shop! They don't fasten yet but thats my target for now.

Interesting to see how many others had bath traumas. You start thinking these things are just you until confessing & other people saying thats happened to them too!

I had my weigh in yesterday and had gained 1lb but on the plus side I tried on a pair of size 16 Jasper conran jeans, AND they fit.
Didnt get them though cos I want to be a comfortable 14 before I treat myself bigtime lol

my achievemnets

1) turning in the shower and not having the curtain stick to my hips/belly/bottom/thighs

2) buying a pretty bra for under £20.00

3) putting my socks on easily without cutting my belly in 2 from leaning over and gasping for breathe

4) sittng down in my under wear and still being able to see my knickers, they`re not hidden by my belly over hang

5) walking up the hill to my house and not having to stop for breathe

6) getting a wolf whistle for the 1st time in 10years :D

7) getting my knee caps back they finally look boney and not flabby

8) wearing my necklace and not have it look like a choker chain, it now hangs nicely down my chest

9) walking through turnstiles without worrying will i get stuck

10) and the best achievement of all is having my kids tell me i look beautiful,pretty,lovely,slim

kaz :D

Wow Kaz your doing amazing! sooo inspiring. Do you AAM every 5th week? i started off the same weight as you(lb heavier) and wanted to know if you have more weight to lose do you still do it?

hi sally
yes i do aamw but i do struggle when doing it
i stick to the portion sizes but my 1st aamw i gained 1lb
saying that the next week i lost 7 so it does seem to boost your weight losses

2nd time i did aamw week i stayed the same but the next week lost 4lbs

so in some ways it is good to do it but hard to not eat again

read my diary and you`ll see my ups and downs

as much as i can grumble about the cd i love it
it has changed my life around

i still have 99lb left to lose but i`ve lost 46 so fqar in 13 weeks so not bad going
i will confess my halo fell of last night, for the frist time ever i cheated and had a slice of toast :eek:
i`m back today focused and preying it wont effect my weigh in on wednesday

stick with it ladies you`ll get there
it is hard but the lbs drop away and the more you lose the more you`ll feel great
kaz xxxx

Aww thanks so much Kaz, you are doing amazingly hun and i hope i can stay as focused as you. I don't think i'll over eat on AAM week, normally when i diet i'm real strict on myself a bit obessive really( even struggle to drink water normally as i feel it may slow weight loss, yes silly but hey)

Aww hun atleast the toast did not turn into a binge so well done you, just dust that under the carpet and keep up the fantastic job your doing on the CD.

Thanks WL8S :) I havent cheated at all that has been very hard but don't want to knock my ketosis off and i drink 6ltrs of water a day and thats it i don't excersise yet( leaving that for when weight loss slows down)

I also think i lose weight pretty fast( was on a diet b4 for two months and lost 4 stone) because i eat alot of crisps about 13 packs a day sometimes more and miss all my meals.

i know shocking and i could eat a variety pack in one sitting and still buy more but thats how i got this big all them cals, so when i stop eating them and eat normally i start losing weight. I'm exactly like that guy that was on the telly who ate nothing but crisps *embaressed*

I'm always trying to give them up but i just can't, would pick them over any food. seriously addicted

Back