'normal'

abz

Gold Member
as i have been thinking about dieting, juddd in particular, it has become more and more apparent to me that 'normal' people just eat when they want, what they want and don't gain weight. why is it that i lack this? why can't i eat normally? i know that i have serious problems in only having one chocolate or one bite of something, buying one donut doesn't seem like enough, it has to be one of those bags you get. why is that? why, psychologically can't i have a normal attitude to food? i am striving at the moment to eat like a 'normal' person on my juddd up days, to eat at mealtimes, have the odd biscuit, dessert if i go out for a meal, that kind of thing. but i honestly don't know if i'm going to be able to. does anyone else feel this way? this frustration when it seems so easy for so many people? a second nature in fact.

abz xx

Abz

This sense of normal is achievable. You will need to start listening more to your body. At the moment when you are trying to rapid loose the weight you are training your mind and your stomach to think and feel differently.

When you reach your goal weight range your body has developed a happy chemistry inside. At this point you need to be aware of your portion sizes and when to stop because you are full even without that stuffed feeling (if you get this you have eaten toooo much). When you get used to this and really train your mind (along with regular exercise) you will find you do stop over eating without even knowing it!

Bren
X

Most people are overweight because they have a bad relationship with food and use it for comfort etc. There are so many reasons why we develop these bad relationships but that is what has to be repaired. Those who eat 'normally' have probably never had an issue with food and never even think about it so it's never a concern to them, it's just a life source and nothing more.

The other side of that is, you are looking at 'normal' people who may actually have food issues but when you see them they are having a day/morning/afternoon off

working in a four person team with three men who eat constantly and possibly gain an inch of pinch over the course of the year doesn't help... ha.

abz xx

in fact the three of them are ordering chinese for dinner before they leave the office around 7!! can't believe it. i thought we only did that if we were working until 11pm!! ha.

abz xx

Don't you just hate those people who can eat what ever they want and never gain weight?

i am surrounded by them and am marrying one next year. when i was a student i lived with four of them. and i gained 3 stone. then i gained more, but the beginning of the downward spiral after maintaining my weight for a couple of years was living with lads that lived on pizza (at least twice a week) chicken nuggets and fishfingers. lots of lager and monster munch. it was not good for me!!

abz xx

I used to be one of those people who can eat what ever they want and never gain weight...

...then I started to live with a man! lol

I have never been 'normal' and I never will be. I will always have to watch my weight but I'd rather do that at size 12 than size 20!

I used to eat chips everyday and never gained weight i was still growing though and I walked about 40 minutes a day, but now i just eat healthy food i have changed the way i eat but it is hard because i get hungrey most nights.

Back