Northern Ireland slimmers

Hi everyone! I'm from co.Armagh, just discovered this website last week and it is great! Like a second handbook :)

This is my fourth week at SW and probably the longest I have ever stuck at any diet so maybe this will be the time I will actually succeed (but afraid to say it out loud in case I jinx it lol).

So anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and wish you all well with your weight loss :)

not sure where in Co Armagh you are, (maybe you posted it...and i just didnt see it...sorry if so) but theres a butchers in Newry, McIlroys....does a great range...meat balls, sausages, burgers, chicken burgers, chops, steak pieces etc...

Famished now...:D

Oh thanks I'll check out the newry butcher too, I'm often down there shopping, mostly looking at clothes I can't fit into! Grrrr lol

Just has a chinese :( Fill very full + a fat pig! boooo!

Am away to Dublin tomorrow to watch the rugby bound to be plenty of drinking + eating!

Sure back on the bandwagon on Sunday!

Enjoy your weekend everyone :D

Hey I had a brilliant time in Dublin - plenty to eat + drink - result at weigh-in was a maintain -----> Been told by my mummy that I eat too much - I eat too quickly and that 'diet clubs' don't work, am determined to show her that they do work + get to a healthy weight!

Went slightly off plan last night - but right back on the bandwagon from today - will be 11 stone by Halloween - hopefully less!

Good luck everyone - wherever you are! ;)

I have had a crap day, work was mayhem due to the concert in bangor so now I am eating mccoys and a bounty! Plus 4 bottles of beer in the fridge for later. I get WI at 10am tomorrow and I am now bricking it as I want to hit target :-(

Oh well think beer is going to win lol

clairedebear said:
Been told by my mummy that I eat too much - I eat too quickly and that 'diet clubs' don't work, am determined to show her that they do work + get to a healthy weight!

Aw it really is hard when others say things that can sabotage our efforts :-( on low days, funny its always negative words like these that come back to ring in our ears - us girls and our mums *shrugs shoulders*!

Stay strong, you are doing great and U WILL SHOW THEM you can do it. A maintain after a crackjn weekend in Dublin - that's fab!! x

Insaniti said:
I have had a crap day, work was mayhem due to the concert in bangor so now I am eating mccoys and a bounty! Plus 4 bottles of beer in the fridge for later. I get WI at 10am tomorrow and I am now bricking it as I want to hit target :-(

Oh well think beer is going to win lol

Stress has a lot to answer for when it comes to weight gain - I fully understand that! And let's face it there's going to be more days like this, but looking at ur track record I know u have great strength of character and the resilience to put it behind u, recognise it for what it was, and make the next day an unbelievably good day to get ur head back on track :)

Good luck for WI, fingers toes everything crossed for u x

Well how is everyone? Still sticking to plan?

I had a good day yesterday - stuck to plan, however previous days werent good as I was drinking both nights + out for dinner - hoping to claw it back somehow!

I am back to work after the summer break - am hoping that the routine will help with keep me on the straight + narrow + help me make better choices! Hopefully I will be so busy I won't have time to eat lol!

Good luck everyone!

Claire

I have been really bad all week, on wed we found out our class scales were broken and weighed us 5lb lighter! Gutted so feeling a bit down.

Off on holiday on Friday so taking a wee break from SW until I return, going to enjoy myself on hols and not worry about my weight.

At the end off the day I am going on holiday 5st 4lb lighter ;-)

Insaniti said:
I have been really bad all week, on wed we found out our class scales were broken and weighed us 5lb lighter! Gutted so feeling a bit down.

oh no! I'd be cracking up! I'd never trust those scales again lol
but at least your journey is over now and you've made it :)

What a fab holiday u'll have with that weight off you, congratulations! I can only dream of being as successful as u.

You know the formula to success now so if u have a few blow out weeks, they are well deserved and you know how to get it back on track when the holiday is over :)

Oh I am sooooo jealous lol

hopefilly said:
Hi im in Bangor and following slimming world x

Hiya! How are you finding SW? This is my 6th week and the longest I've ever stuck any diet, hoping for 2lb off this week to get the first stone off... it's not looking good lol

I've tried it before and never got past week two! I found it hard to get my head around (I blame my consultant) but my new one is fantastic. Well, she's a friend of my mums so I suppose I have to say that but I am finding it ok this time around. I've lost 9lbs so far so am happy with that. Feeling a bit down today. Think its just Monday blues. I'll feel better tomorrow! I hope everyone is doing well. x

I've tried it before and never got past week two! I found it hard to get my head around (I blame my consultant) but my new one is fantastic. Well, she's a friend of my mums so I suppose I have to say that but I am finding it ok this time around. I've lost 9lbs so far so am happy with that. Feeling a bit down today. Think its just Monday blues. I'll feel better tomorrow! I hope everyone is doing well. x

Well done on your loss so far, think variety is a good thing , keep trying new recipes helps to keep you at it longer.

Hi guys

I'm from Co Armagh and have been doing slimming world for over a year now but seem to have hit a brick wall where I just can't get past it - am losing one week and gaining the next week.
Gonna have a big gain this week I think as my cooker hob broke on Friday and I'm struggling to cook healthy meals as not a big fan of stews and casseroles unless it's winter!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Off on holiday on Friday so taking a wee break from SW until I return, going to enjoy myself on hols and not worry about my weight.

At the end off the day I am going on holiday 5st 4lb lighter ;-)

You should have asked for a refund!

5st 4lbs lighter - what an achievement!!! WELL DONE!

Go + enjoy your holiday, any damage will soon be lost again!

Missed weigh-in today - didn't get out of bed on time!

Seriously off track these past few days.

I WILL BE 100% ON TRACK TOMORROW - WILL BE BACK TO UPDATE!

Good luck everyone :D

Hi folks, Ive lurked here for a while now & have decided to bit ethe bullet & join! Im from Co Antrim, joined SW July 2010, lost 2 stone for my wedding there in July & now Im back to lose the 4.5lb I gained on honeymoon plus another 10lb. Ive always done extra easy but have added a coupleof green days this week for the extra HEB & HEA. I dont eat much meat but on the days I do i'll just follow extra easy instead of weighing meat etc. What all plans are you guys doing? What works best for you?

Back