nosey question - what is your personal reason for losing weight?

Oooh Ive a list lol
1. Wedding - dont want to be a fat bride and not want to look at my photos of the day because I hate how I look

2. For me - fed up of being the fat funny one - its taken such a toll on my confidence especially as I was the one who did the solos and main acting parts in school and college - now I make excuses not to go out with my friends because I hate the way I look

3. For my kids - I want to be able to run around and play with them and have energy

4. For my fitness - I used to love swimming and hiking but cant do it anymore because I dont have the fitness level and wont go swimming because I hate the way I look - see the running theme here

5. For my health - I have a history of diabetes on both side of my family and dont want to risk getting it and have been lucky I havent so far

6. For my OH - been with him since I was a size 10 17 year old and he still loved me when I was a size 20 30 year old lol. Just want to look sexy for my hubby to be

7. For clothes - I love love love fashion but if you're over a 14 forget about it. I usualy get what fits instead of what I would like.

I think thats pretty much it :)

The dreaded wedding dress!! there's no way I'm being a fat bride!! Plus totally fed up looking fat and not being happy with myself! I know I can do this, and feel fab once again!! Totally fed up wearing leggings and baggy tops!! the Coast and Karen Millen dresses need dusting off and wearing again!! :)

xxx

My reasons are.

1.i have a 13month old son, I want to be alive to see my grankids, I want to be able to run about with him and take him swimming. Most of all I want to set a great example to him.

2. Me and my partner of 7 year want to try for another baby this August and I'd like to be pregnant and healthy, I hated the comments I got when I was pregnant and 22 stone. Even though I had a great pregnancy I would not like the stigma attached to being obese and pregnant.

3.i would love to walk into any shop and buy what I want. Size 14 seems to be the size some clothing lines stop at so got another two sizes to drop there lol.

4. I will never ever shop in Evans again!!!!! Lol no offence but the price is rediculas.

5. I'd love my partner to have a sexy girl friend, he met me when I was 17st so this is a size he's never seen me as so..... Id love people to look and not think 'he's nice looking, what's he doing with her'. Plus women think they can take him away from me because they are slim, they feel they have one over on me.... Well time to put you skinny ugly girls in you place hahaha

When I have lost weight in the past, I havent had a good maintenance regime and put it back on, plus a stone or so. Then added half a stone a year. I had got so fat I couldnt bend over easily and do my shoes laces up - I was sitting on a chair to do that. I got to size 26/28, and then was finding some trousers at that size didn't fit. And I didnt feel comfortable.

My husband was getting increasingly worried about me and my long term health. i have a constitution of an ox so have been annoying my GPs by having a much lower blood pressure than they woul have expected.

What was the catalyst now? I stopped a high powered job flying across Europe and the US so I have the time and space to focus on me. I am so glad and so grateful for tlizonne, I will stay at goal.

The damage I have done to myself is to have been 50%+ BMI. Minimins says I was in the high 40s but the machine at the Alizonne GP said I was over 50%. So I've been carrying around the equivalent of another person in weight. And now I'm shedding it a killo or so a week. Yea!!

Ali

AliGal said:
When I have lost weight in the past, I havent had a good maintenance regime and put it back on, plus a stone or so. Then added half a stone a year. I had got so fat I couldnt bend over easily and do my shoes laces up - I was sitting on a chair to do that. I got to size 26/28, and then was finding some trousers at that size didn't fit. And I didnt feel comfortable.

My husband was getting increasingly worried about me and my long term health. i have a constitution of an ox so have been annoying my GPs by having a much lower blood pressure than they woul have expected.

What was the catalyst now? I stopped a high powered job flying across Europe and the US so I have the time and space to focus on me. I am so glad and so grateful for tlizonne, I will stay at goal.

The damage I have done to myself is to have been 50%+ BMI. Minimins says I was in the high 40s but the machine at the Alizonne GP said I was over 50%. So I've been carrying around the equivalent of another person in weight. And now I'm shedding it a killo or so a week. Yea!!

Ali

I really hope you get the results you want and reach the target you want too good luck:)

Lucy_Jucie said:
My reasons are.

1.i have a 13month old son, I want to be alive to see my grankids, I want to be able to run about with him and take him swimming. Most of all I want to set a great example to him.

2. Me and my partner of 7 year want to try for another baby this August and I'd like to be pregnant and healthy, I hated the comments I got when I was pregnant and 22 stone. Even though I had a great pregnancy I would not like the stigma attached to being obese and pregnant.

3.i would love to walk into any shop and buy what I want. Size 14 seems to be the size some clothing lines stop at so got another two sizes to drop there lol.

4. I will never ever shop in Evans again!!!!! Lol no offence but the price is rediculas.

5. I'd love my partner to have a sexy girl friend, he met me when I was 17st so this is a size he's never seen me as so..... Id love people to look and not think 'he's nice looking, what's he doing with her'. Plus women think they can take him away from me because they are slim, they feel they have one over on me.... Well time to put you skinny ugly girls in you place hahaha

Evans! What a rip off!! Lol
I'm doing it for me too but I do agree with your reason 5, my husband is 8 & 1/2 stone! (hate it how some people eat like horses and never put on weight!) lol
Good luck to you on your journey :)

Lucy your reason number 2 is exactly the same way I'm thinking. I had a baby in August and the crap I got when I was 22st and preg was awful :( I sailed thorough my pregnancy but had failure to progress at the end, the labour ward manager said to me "you know this would be south easier if you were six stone lighter" cheeky *****, I could have decked her! Anyway I plan on having another when I lose the weight and I wanna go back and tell the ***** what for!! Lol x

Lucy and Rose

I agree - Evans is lousy value. You dont even get a hem - just a machined turnover on many garments.

I am really looking forward to walking in and buying size 12 in any shop I choose.

Which begs the question...how on earth do thin women choose where to shop? So much choice!

I'm liking this thread!

Ali

birdfrombelfast said:
Lucy your reason number 2 is exactly the same way I'm thinking. I had a baby in August and the crap I got when I was 22st and preg was awful :( I sailed thorough my pregnancy but had failure to progress at the end, the labour ward manager said to me "you know this would be south easier if you were six stone lighter" cheeky *****, I could have decked her! Anyway I plan on having another when I lose the weight and I wanna go back and tell the ***** what for!! Lol x

That's terrible wat she said. I failed to progress also and had a c-section. The staff were lovely but I know wat they were thinking. All my prennatal check ups they kept saying why haven't u got high blood sugar, or why haven't you got diabetes. Or wen I went tomy scan kept saying they couldn't see properly because I'm "chunky" lol I did have to laugh at this. I really want a water birth next time which I wouldn't of been allowed at 22st.

I'm hoping to get to my goal weight by August, but it's slowing rows since Xmas. I e got a night out tomorrow and next week lol. But after that I'm going to do a few weeks 100%.

And Evans...just annoys me. I'm an 18 and I can shop lots more places but imagine being a size 12, I'll never be out of the shops lol.

I'm losing weight for quite a few reasons, because I don't want to hate seeing myself anymore, I want to be able to buy fashionable clothes from normal shops, where I live I get shouted abuse at in the street for the way I 'dress' and it would be a lot more bearable if FAT wasnt in that abuse! I'm sick of looking like a proper porker next to my dainty size 8/10 friends when we go out.... oh and after my family talking about having to order me a made to measure bridesmaid dress because they didnt think I would fit into any of the sizes that was the kick I needed! xxx

Brochmor thats bad that being shouted at!!! Ive never experienced abuse in the street before, BUT i can understand how you feel when next to friends. I was a size 26 at my heaviest and i have many friends different sizes from 8 to 20 but i was always the biggest. I am very confident but men just spoke to me cos they wanted to get to my friends i think. But now im a size 16-18 and im off out for my friends birthday and im slimmer than some of my friends!! and i dont stand out like a sore thumb anymore. Im so excited for tonight and i never want to go back to being the "fattest".

Yeah I'm used to it now though where I live is pretty rough, I have been called a fat b***h by 9/10 year olds in the street before now and I always get stick because I don't dress in the customary tracksuit bottoms or tacky too small clothes... But as I have been losing weight the abuse is easier to handle because I feel good for a change so what they say doesn't bother me! Im still the biggest out of my close group of friends that I go out with but the margin is a lot less compared to before and I can't wait for the day that I'm the same size =D xxx

Good luck I hope it all works out 4 u..ur doing it so u will get there in the end :) my reason is I'm so fed up from hiding from people and not wanting to go certain places as i was always thin and certain people now find it amusing that im not and really not liking myself no matter how much make up or new clothes I bought to me it didn't make the slightest bit of difference..I kept starting for a half a day then givin up then I kept saying 2morrow and 2morrow never came..then my oh booked a holiday in 7 weeks that's wen I thought I can keep saying 2morrow and have a really awful holiday or I cud shed 2 stone b4 then and b a bit slimmer and here I am day 5 :) good luck with ur app in 4 weeks

My reason is sort of the same as Ellies. I used to be big a long time ago but I went from almost 16 stone to 9 stone and stayed like it for ages so eveyone knew me as slim. I have recently been through some difficult time though and put half the weight back on so I cant bear to go out or see people as I know they will think how bad I look that I have put it back on. I dont fit into any of my slim clothes either and chucked all my fat ones away which means i have to relcutantly buy more. I cant wait to get this weight off so I can stop hating myself again

Here are my before and after photos from the first time
photostream
set-72157629067747331
set-72157629067747331
set-72157629067747331

Back