"great"
"wow"
"Well done you"
"you can't half tell"

As you know these comments really really help but today two people have said:

"You look gaunt"
"Don't loose anymore"
"Doesn't suit you"

Well I told them thank you for your concerns but bollocks!

I'm still 2 stone overweight and my man boobs are still there !!
I know I want to carry on but these comments don't help too much do they ??

Still Smiling,

NMP :)

I used to have comments like that from friends and while I don't think that they are being deliberately nasty or anything I think sometimes there is a bit of jealousy involved. Only you know what your goal is or should be and as long as it's still within a healthy weight range, go for it and try to ignore others.

Hiya, My hubby has lost about the same as you in the same amount of time and about the same still to lose as you too. He's mostly had positive comments but his Mum I think is taking bad seeing him shrinking. She told him he looked ill and he shouldn't lose too much more! I think people don't like change and some are just jealous!

"Well I told them thank you for your concerns but bollocks!"

Made me chuckle........I soooooo hope you did say this to them.

a friend of Leah's is very very welcome, she's a star. My parents told me I look ill yesterday but I don't, I think because I've never been below a big size 18 they feel that, I'm almost a 12 now and only have one stone nine till goal. Lots of people are telling me I look fine but I want to finish this journey, so often I've given up on dieting and I know I can actually do this xx

When I lost weight before I got to 10.5st and my cousin said that I was looking gaunt! LOL! bEFORE KIDS i HAD BEEN 9.0 Stone and no mention of gauntness was said then. I think it was because I was smaller than her, and she was usually them smallest out of everyone!

Hi,

So I've lost 2 stone in 6 weeks and ain't it great when people keep saying:

"great"
"wow"
"Well done you"
"you can't half tell"

As you know these comments really really help but today two people have said:

"You look gaunt"
"Don't loose anymore"
"Doesn't suit you"

Well I told them thank you for your concerns but bollocks!

I'm still 2 stone overweight and my man boobs are still there !!
I know I want to carry on but these comments don't help too much do they ??

Still Smiling,

NMP :)

No they don't. I had the "you look gaunt" "don't lose any more weight, will you?" tripe when I had 5 stone more to lose!!!!

I shall be using the "Well I told them thank you for your concerns but bollocks!" reply from now on though ... love it!

Fight the good fight cherub. xx

Speaking honestly, I have felt jealous of other people when they have lost weight even when I've not exactly been trying to lose any!

You're honesty is refreshing !! xxx

I think most women have issues with either weight or body parts. I know thats true for where I work. Also long term managing on 1000cals a day just isn't feasable, and whilst at uni you need all the brain food you can, which seems undoable on 1000cals. You said your friend goes out drinking to, well I know most of my weight came back with 1/2 a bottle of red every night! Not alot, far less than what you students can down in an evening I am sure! Lol! Sometimes you just have to realise that not everybody is meant to be a size 8, I know a size 10 is very small for me cos you can see ALL of my bones, and a 12-14 is where I feel happiest and can maintain. i'M 5FT 5'' so not the tallest person about. While I was mentioning brain food, I had brain 'fog' for years. The only thing that got rid of that was drinking wheat grass. Actually it was barley grass cos thats more palatable. I level teaspoon twice a day, in a liter of water and within 2 days I didn't have the clouds in my head any more.

Hi all,

thanks for all the great comments, I think the jealousy thing is spot on!

Here's to the next 2 stone !!!

NmP

I am lucky, my loved ones have been really supportive, but i have had unwanted comments from colleagues - 'you are wasting away' etc. At size 18 (was 22) and 5 feet, I hardly think so. I was so annoyed, i said to one of them
'Thanks for your concern, though it is unwanted. I hope your manners grow as my bum shrinks!'

I felt really really good, but then horrible afterwards for being so rude!

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!

Wish I had the balls to reply with a comment like that....I might just try it:angeldevil::massmoon:
XXXXX

When I did CD the first time (Just before my wedding in December 2006), I found that the skinny girls were really supportive of the diet and were really encouraging.

On the other hand, those that had 'issues' with their weight were not, they said it was wrong to do it and it wasn't sensible etc!!

I believe it's jealousy too!!! they'll all be saying it again soon :D

Gemx

Back