Not CD Related, Arghhh...Hurt my

Fuzzys Angel

The Lovely James Hetfield
......BACK! Ouch!

Yesterday morning at work one of the patients was very wet so obviously had to change him before finishing my shift. I asked him to get out of bed so i could get him sorted out but he refused. I explained that i couldn't leave him wet & dirty so if he was refusing to get out of bed I'd have to change him on the bed. I got a work colleague to help me a we had to do the usual rolling & OH MY GOD, he decided to push his body weight back towards me & grab my wrist!!!! MY BLUDDY BACK WENT CRUNCH....OUCH!!!!

The most annoying part of it though was after he was changed & nicely cleaned...(with me in pain) he got out of bed & said he was gonna make himself a cuppa from the trolley!!!!

What a waste of time....I'm now signed off work for the next week with back pain & have an appointment with the hospital occi health next week!

Sorry to moan but i know you lovely people don't mind me sounding off.....xxxx

((((Big Hugs))) just take it easy and rest.

Oh poor you! I've already said how much i admire you and what you do ...

I hope that you get some strong pain killers - and if we get some nice (?) weather you can at least convalasce in the garden!

Take care.

Thanx girls, you know i'm seriously thinking about going back to my old roots (i was a beauty therapist & had my own business). But i did get bored with that hense why i went into nursing something i felt would be a bit more full filling for me!

Knowing me it's just coz i'm p!ssed off at the moment but once i'm back at work i'll probably still love it!...xxx

Flirty i did read you response on the last moaning thread, i never did say thanx..x

:(Hope your back feels better soon Fuzzy:)

Thanx girls, you know i'm seriously thinking about going back to my old roots (i was a beauty therapist & had my own business). But i did get bored with that hense why i went into nursing something i felt would be a bit more full filling for me!

Knowing me it's just coz i'm p!ssed off at the moment but once i'm back at work i'll probably still love it!...xxx

Flirty i did read you response on the last moaning thread, i never did say thanx..x

If you went back to beauty therapy - could you not go along once a week and offer it at old peoples homes etc at cut price - so you'd get the best of both worlds??

I use to work at a care home and we had people come in to do hair and beauty and it use to really cheer the patients up.

:cry:Ouch....Poor Mandi

:hug99: for a speedy recovery!

sorry your backs gone . occupational hazard . a chiropractor once told me that if it wasnt for nurses he would go out of business . dont you just love patients,always so grateful ,always so helpful ,with lovely relations who treat you with respect . YEAH RIGHT

Poor Fuzzy,I'd stay in nursing if I were you.
Next time there'll be a different patient,who is really grateful for your help & it'll all sem worth it.

jazz, not all patients are like that.

and if i find out my hubby isw i will kick his butt!

misdee, i stand corrected , most patients are a joy and make you glad to be a nurse . unfortunately it is the ***** that stick in your mind and annoy you . mostly because you could be helping someone who actually needs it and would be grateful

Back