Not CD related - Xmas ideas for extra cash!

poohbearmufc

Longing 2 b a yummy mummy
I am thinking of ideas to bring in extra cash for xmas, and I thought up an idea:-Christmas Wrapper, to hire my services to assist wrapping christmas presents, I love wrapping presents and do it quite neatly, they provide the wrapping paper etc and I wrap...to those that hate it... £15 per hour....Also, writing peoples christmas cards, I know loads of people who hate doing this, so if they provide the cards and a list of names & addresses I could write them and give them back to post, people tell me I have nice handwriting!!What do you think? Would you pay for these services??Any other ideas would be appreciated...Love

Being one who loves to spend ages wrapping gifts and enjoys using my lovely calligraphy pens in cards ~ I'd have to say I would not require such thoughtful services. However, it does sound like an idea, but I wonder how you would go about marketing that locally ~ suppose you could put a card in a local shop or perhaps get friends / family to recommend you.

Folks these days are fairly security minded, so I doubt you'd get much take up for card writing as peeps may be reluctant to give out their friends & families names & addresses.

But nothing ventured, nothing gained ~ so why not have a go ~ Good Luck :D

To be honest i personally wouldnt pay for that, and anyone who would is just pure lazy to be honest lol :)

And £15 an hour is abit steep lol

You never know unless you try!

Does the £15 include the wrapping, bows, name tags etc? If so it is good value:)

Shops also hire in people to do this at Christmas, so I am sure you would find a job easy enough.

Best of luck

Love Mini xxx

Great idea,

We have a posh shop near us in Derby (Bennetts) who offer a gift wrapping service and I often use it to have wedding presents etc wrapped. They only charge £2.50 or £3 per present so its very reasonable and beautiful and I think very good value. I suppose they buy all the bows etc in bulk ~ they also put the wedding metallic confettie of bells or angels or something in suitable so when the gift is unwrapped they fall out ~ nice touch.

As have recently gone from full time work to incapacity benefit (not much dosh !!!) and it takes some getting used to alot less disposable income I have done ~ car boots and selling on ebay. Bit of extra cash is very handy

Good luck with your new venture ~ as for the cards you could contact some corporate people as I know my sister and sons mother in law are both company directors and they just hate the card writing thing. You are competing with personalised cards though !

Shaza

In Cardiff they have a huge stall in the shopping centre where you drop of your pressies with a post it note on each saying who they are for (eg, mother in law, 57 or nephew 8) and you pick them up in an hour. It's amazing as it means you can leave your shopping and get a coffee or something.

Have you tried looking if they are recruiting? I suppose i'd be reluctant to use "your" service as it's such an effort to bring you all my Xmas shopping, probably just end up doing it myself. It's a good idea though, but yes £15 ph does seem a lot.
I always use bows, ribbons andall that jazz and even though i buy all accessories from Clintons it rarely comes over £10 for all packaging.

Let us know how you get on!!!
Best of luck xxx

Back