Not cheating

rugbykirsty87

Never Give Up
I know this may sound a bit odd, but does anyone find that when your really in the right frame of mind to lose weight, u dont want to cheat.

for example. the millions of times i have attempted to lose weight before, if i was on for example weight watchers, I would 'pretend' i didnt eat somthing so i didnt have to admit to myself and see that i ate it, so it wouldnt count on my points but now..

When i had my binge on Curly Wurlys i counted every single one of those bars and the calories in it. I knew it would mean that i went over but i wanted to admit to eating them and seeing them there written down in blue and white. The other day I had 2 sausage rolls, and then was starving near the end of the night, but i didnt eat anything because i saw i went over my calories, and I realised that if i had one instead of two sausage rolls i would have been able to have that somthing to eat and not have water to keep the hungar at bay.

Does anyone else feel the same or have i just spoken a load of twoddle! :rolleyes:

Yes youre right... I sometimes find myself 'neglecting' to add the points I've used with snacks, or I add a little less than I probably should by slightly underestimating the value of something I've eaten - at the time I think 'well I dont know exactly how many points this is worth so I'll write xx' which usually is coincidentally exactly the amount of 'extra' points I have allowed myself for that day...

I tell myself that its only myself I am cheating, but somehow at the time I dont see it that way :) I mean, its not like anyone else actually sees the points I add up each day! But the end result is that I feel like I am not as in control of my food intake as I would like to be, the day feels 'messy' and the points too vague. I have to stop doing that :) I wasnt doing it when I first started with weight watchers and was a lot more motivated than I am now...

i do that all the time, i started counting calories a couple weeks back and it was disastrous, accidentally forgetting to add little bits here and there. suppose we must all do it. when i am in the right frame of mind though the calorie counting goes out the window cos i don't need it. weight just falls off me:) i'm still waiting for that frame of mind though;)

I'm a little monkey at not counting the nibbles. You know, like the pinches of grated cheese when I'm cooking or the half dozen grapes I lift out of the fruit bowl as I go past. I nearly always forget the milk in my tea/coffee too. And of course a crisp out of a passed bag or a chip off someone else's plate doesn't count.

It's all cheating really.

Im the same now TJ. I have to have my notebook in my bag and write down everything. Its amazing what seeing what you've eaten writen down in front of you does. I write down everything now, absolutley everything. I keep a tally of how many litres of water ive drunk everyday aswell too x

Thats awesome, but you can also look at that and see how far youve come :)

I think if you want something bad enough you will do anything to get it. If you cheat you are only cheating yourself. Its only you that you are punishing - your the one that wants it, nobody else. Nobody else is going to feel rubbish when the scales dont move, nobody else is going to be feeling the guilt knowing they ate them. Cheating is cheating - its not good!

On the other hand at least by owning up to cheating you are acknowledging your weakness and the mistakes made.

Back