Not eating all day before weigh in

Jesswillbeslim! said:
I didn't read anything about skipping meals?! People wait till after which is perfectly normal IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

One of the posters does refer to skipping lunch.

However, I'm sure we are all a little guilty of being obsessive one way or another - how many wear the same clothes for a start? Whilst I am not a meal skipper, I don't have a heavy lunch and I wouldn't have a cuppa before WI.

I eat and drink like normal till around 2 and than dont eat till after weigh in at 7. I've always done this and this works best for me as sometimes on normal days i dont get to eat between lunch and dinner as i'm running around the kiddies and dont get much time for myself until they are in bed x

When I used to weigh in the evenings I would keep it light and then be naughty afterwards - I have been weighing in the morning for ages now and I only have a coffee beforehand and then I basically eat normally for the rest of the day which suits me better x

I've always been a evening weigher but its my 4th try with sw. In my last 3 tries i would always have a treat after weigh in and go way over my syns and wonder why i wasnt losing much lol. This time round i have stopped doing this and to stop me from eating everything in sight after weigh in i always hav a coffee and a piece of fruit at class and that usually fills me so that i can hav a light dinner when i get home x

I have only ever had midday weigh-ins when I went to a group - and I am slightly embarrassed to admit that I would definitely keep my eating light (and probably try and go for a wee just before WI - not cool :ashamed0005:)

Now I do SW at home, I weigh in first thing. The hardest thing is trying to keep WI to just once a week - the temptation is to jump on the scales everyday.

ANiceBitOfDust said:
Reading some messages elsewhere about poeple who don't eat/drink all day on weigh in day, seems rather silly to me :confused: it wouldn't make any difference anyway would it?

I am of the opinion that it doesn't really matter if it does make a difference because it's mind boggling stupid to do this. It's one thing not eating before a morning weigh in, but starving yourself all day when you weigh in at any time after 10am is just unbelievable to me.

I weigh in a 9am & I eat a banana & mullerlight plus a cup of coffee before I go.

I don't eat normally before wi bc is never eat my usual giant tub of pasta for lunch! I keep it light I still have breakfast the usual and a light lunch ie salad fruit mugshot etc but never my huge usual lunches lol!!

I drink tonnes throughout the day to ensure I don't retain water and then stop drinking 2hours before wi but that's only bc I know I'm really well hydrated as I've drunk more than normal though out the day !

God I couldn't go all day with nothing!!! But I suppose if you do the same each week it's not gonna change!!

I used to wear the same clothes each week I dot even do that anymore as long as its light! X

I find it really hard as weigh in for me is at 7, takes half hour to get there, leaving me only half an hour between getting home from work and going to weigh. Seeing as group lasts til about 9 I can't last til after so normally eat dinner before, but if Im worried Ive been bad that week I hold out. Its so silly of me. Think im gonna put my spag bol in some tuppaware so I can eat it during class tonight haha

i honestly can say that i usually do this, and its done me no favours, i sware it made me gain a half pound once :(

Sweetest_Syn said:
i honestly can say that i usually do this, and its done me no favours, i sware it made me gain a half pound once :(

I gain 1lb when I did it so never again! X

Back