Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Not eating as much..

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by kettlechip, 4 August 2011 Social URL.

1. kettlechip

kettlechip Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(23.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've recently not been eating as much as I used to. If I'm peckish I wait till I'm really hungry than I have a meal. I have some fruit or something if I'm really peckish but not meal hungry.

This could be down to the heat but today I have had tea, water, a hifi bar, omelette and salad, a nectarine, and a mushroom salad with haloumi - thats it. I have been eating less food during this week or two (still following SW EE plan though!) and cutting down syns a lot and have seen quite big losses.

Is it wrong that I'm only eating when I'm v hungry and not "peckish" (except fruit for snack sometimes?)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. krupskaya

krupskaya Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(12.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - green
    Hi Kettlechip, I think it's really good your choosing to snack on superfree and only eating a meal when you're hungry. That's an atttitude a lot of us are trying to attain. I try not to eat when I'm just peckish (rather than hungry) as I wouldn't stop eating all day otherwise lol!

4. Funky_Munky

Funky_Munky Put the kettle on

Start Weight:
    10st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Ive recently been trying to eat just three meals a day and only eat in between if im really hungry and it is surprising how often im not actually that hungry between meals.

The only thing i would be concerned about is what you say about having less syns and seeing big losses. Just make sure youre not sitting there starving or going without a treat when you really want one just for the sake of a big loss. The only danger is if youre too strict or deprive yourself too much you can go the other way and binge. Dont be afraid of having a treat.

5. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    I'm not totally convinced waiting till you're starving is thr best idea tbh. I know that i am more likely to overeat if i let myself get that hungry. But thats just me! Maybe you have more restraint than me. Snacking on superfree can only be a good thing though so good on you for that.

On the syns front, don't cut these down alot - it won't have a massive affect on your losses. Make sure you have at least 5 a day.

6. who_la_hoop

who_la_hoop Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1.5lb(36.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I wonder if you're overthinking this a bit.
    Do you feel nicely full after you've eaten a meal? And does it carry you through until the next mealtime? (By the next meal you should ideally feel moderately hungry, rather than 'so hungry you could eat your own arm' :D) If so, then the amount you're eating is fine. If not, then I think you need to eat a bit more - whether that be larger portions at mealtimes (which is what I do) or snacks between meals.

Remember to eat minimum 5 syns a day! :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.