Not eating as much..

kettlechip

I've recently not been eating as much as I used to. If I'm peckish I wait till I'm really hungry than I have a meal. I have some fruit or something if I'm really peckish but not meal hungry.

This could be down to the heat but today I have had tea, water, a hifi bar, omelette and salad, a nectarine, and a mushroom salad with haloumi - thats it. I have been eating less food during this week or two (still following SW EE plan though!) and cutting down syns a lot and have seen quite big losses.

Is it wrong that I'm only eating when I'm v hungry and not "peckish" (except fruit for snack sometimes?)

Hi Kettlechip, I think it's really good your choosing to snack on superfree and only eating a meal when you're hungry. That's an atttitude a lot of us are trying to attain. I try not to eat when I'm just peckish (rather than hungry) as I wouldn't stop eating all day otherwise lol!

kettlechip said:
I've recently not been eating as much as I used to. If I'm peckish I wait till I'm really hungry than I have a meal. I have some fruit or something if I'm really peckish but not meal hungry.

This could be down to the heat but today I have had tea, water, a hifi bar, omelette and salad, a nectarine, and a mushroom salad with haloumi - thats it. I have been eating less food during this week or two (still following SW EE plan though!) and cutting down syns a lot and have seen quite big losses.

Is it wrong that I'm only eating when I'm v hungry and not "peckish" (except fruit for snack sometimes?)

Ive recently been trying to eat just three meals a day and only eat in between if im really hungry and it is surprising how often im not actually that hungry between meals.

The only thing i would be concerned about is what you say about having less syns and seeing big losses. Just make sure youre not sitting there starving or going without a treat when you really want one just for the sake of a big loss. The only danger is if youre too strict or deprive yourself too much you can go the other way and binge. Dont be afraid of having a treat.

I'm not totally convinced waiting till you're starving is thr best idea tbh. I know that i am more likely to overeat if i let myself get that hungry. But thats just me! Maybe you have more restraint than me. Snacking on superfree can only be a good thing though so good on you for that.

On the syns front, don't cut these down alot - it won't have a massive affect on your losses. Make sure you have at least 5 a day.

I wonder if you're overthinking this a bit.
Do you feel nicely full after you've eaten a meal? And does it carry you through until the next mealtime? (By the next meal you should ideally feel moderately hungry, rather than 'so hungry you could eat your own arm' :D) If so, then the amount you're eating is fine. If not, then I think you need to eat a bit more - whether that be larger portions at mealtimes (which is what I do) or snacks between meals.

Remember to eat minimum 5 syns a day! :)

Back