Not eating enough - getting over the mentality

Hamsterjam

Out to lunch
Hiya

I've never done SW until I started last Saturday and have to say I'm still daunted by the fact that you can eat so much without having to count points etc. I'm trying to get my head round it (cos let's face it, it is a new system to get to know) but it's sinking in that maybe when I was eating 'healthily' before but losing nothing that I was in fact not eating enough.

I know the logical things like cutting the fat and alcohol and stuff like that but again, getting over the fact I can eat eggs like they are going out of fashion is a hard habit to break when we've been brainwashed into the hype of cholesterol etc. And I'll never get over banana's being 'pointed' on WW - one of the few fruits I eat readily :eek:

This post is just a bit of a ramble really :rolleyes: - I guess we've all been brainwashed to some level by whatever other plans we've picked up on over the years - I hope soon to be rambling on to anyone who will listen about the SW way of healthy eating, cos it really is starting to look logical, if not just a wee bit too good :)

Thanks for listening :D

Linda

Yep - I was a bit like yourself when I discovered Slimming World and got to grips with it all - I tried to "dis-prove" my Consultant at first, thinking I couldn't possible eat everything she'd told me and actually lose weight! Of course it DID work, and is continuing to work! lol Brilliant, isn't it? No need to go to bed early, or soak in the bath after all your points / calories have been reached - there's always something you can stay up and eat .... if you really want to, that is!

Best o'luck'n'stuff!

I still find it amazing that SW works. I never have to go hungry yet I've lost a lot of weight. I'm still excited by all the different delicious meals that I can have and I know that I will reach my target weight. Something I have never done before after many years of trying. I also know that this is now my eating plan for life so I'm going to throw out my clothes that are too big for me as I won't be needing them again.

I'm only in my second week of SW and I'm still finding it difficult to get my head 'round the amount of free foods there are. I think it's really difficult for us to get over "You must eat less to lose weight", which I know is true for bad foods, but obviously not true for anything. I'm really enjoying it so far and finding it very easy to stick too :)
Kelly.xx

I am finding this diet really easy. Had my cholesterol checked and I was amazed. It's gone from 7.0 to 4.6 and thats since i started this plan. I have been eating eggs everyday, so I think it is a myth about eggs not good for the cholesterol.

Happy eating.

Back