not enjoying eating again

purpleflower

does it make me a bit strange that i am not enjoying eating proper food again?

When I had my 'break' for a few days when in the UK I found that I was utterly overwhelmed by the choice of food, and things that I usually liked held little appeal for me. I had intended on making sensible choices but I did have a few naughty things. But do you know what? The meal I enjoyed the most was definitely my chicken salad!
Do you think that maybe it is a psychological thing? Where you have denied yourself things for slo long that they simply no longer appeal?

yes maybe that's it !

When I had my 'break' for a few days when in the UK I found that I was utterly overwhelmed by the choice of food, and things that I usually liked held little appeal for me. I had intended on making sensible choices but I did have a few naughty things. But do you know what? The meal I enjoyed the most was definitely my chicken salad!
Do you think that maybe it is a psychological thing? Where you have denied yourself things for slo long that they simply no longer appeal?

What plan are you on now? x

I'm on SS

That'll change lol

I found the 'idea' of food after ss'ing really unappealing and not really tempting at all

11 months on and i LOVE food with a passion and enjoy it MORE now than ever before (esp PRE slim days)

Its just the sensation of eating that you'll find odd :) it'll pass though

x

I found the same thing last year when I did this the first time - flavours were totally different and overwhelming and when I treated myself to some of the stuff I'd been craving for ages I realised that the memory of how it tasted was a whole load better than how it actually did. I found the healthier foods were better and "real" food rather than processed rubbish.

My first meal all I wanted was chicken with noodles and absolutely nothing on it whatsoever and I must admit that one did taste really good although I failed to manage more than half of a childs portion from the menu lol

Stick to plainer food without overpowering flavours and you'll get back into it. Plus its a great opportunity to not re-start eating the wrong foods again :)

not enjoying eating again

Don't worry, you'll soon get used to eating again. Probably a little quicker than you hope ;)

Don't worry, you'll soon get used to eating again. Probably a little quicker than you hope ;)

Yup! made me chuckle :D

Back