Not enough water?

naomi1611

Will B Slim
Hi everyone
I have a question. I have been drinking between 6-8 litres when i do cd. However my cdc told me today to only drink 3 litres. I have only had 3 but have had a horrible day and felt more tempted to cheat and its only day 2. Should i go back to drinking the 6?

I think that our bodies get used to a certain amount of hydration and as long as your space it out you should drink what you feel comfortable with.

6 litres seems like loads to me though.

did she tell you why only to drink 3? I am sure if your body needs 6 and you sip it and not down it, it's not a problem???

maybe a cdc can give more light

Drinking too much water can be dangerous. You should stick to what CD guidelines are (I believe between 2 to 3 litres? I should check for myself really!) The has been a case of a woman who did Lighter Life and she drank more than the 4 litres LL used to say to drink. She died due to the amount of water depleting the nutrients from the LL packs and I think causing the blood to thin. I think the kidney need to have to to use up the water or something like that. Anyway i googled it earlier today because i heard a woman on CD also died again to do with the water. Sorry don't mean to scare you but sticking to the guidelines would be the best.

Drinking too much water can be dangerous. You should stick to what CD guidelines are (I believe between 2 to 3 litres? I should check for myself really!) The has been a case of a woman who did Lighter Life and she drank more than the 4 litres LL used to say to drink. She died due to the amount of water depleting the nutrients from the LL packs and I think causing the blood to thin. I think the kidney need to have to to use up the water or something like that. Anyway i googled it earlier today because i heard a woman on CD also died again to do with the water. Sorry don't mean to scare you but sticking to the guidelines would be the best.
These cases were because the women drank the 3/4 litres required in a day in the space of a couple of hours! You can't compare these cases to the average person on a VLCD as it's not a common occurance if the plans are followed correctly. If you stick to the guidelines and drink the water required throughout the day and not all at once then these stories aren't relevent.

Hi thanks for your answers. I think to be on the safe side i will stick with the 3 litres, my body will get used to it.

Hiya hun, i think even 6litres is too much. cd say you should drink at least 2.5 litres. I have been drinking 3 sometimes 3.5. my limit is four i would never go over 4litres :hug99: xxxx

Take a look at this http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/53190-water-consumption-please-read.html#post799779

I think it seems to be that if you were used to drinking that much water before you started CD, it's fine to carry on. The main thing is not to increase water intake too quickly - and not to slurp it down too fast but spread it out over the course of the day. Personally, I think if you've been drinking 6 litres of water for a while, you'd be okay to carry on doing so.

An average person on a normal diet should be having 2 litres of water per day. I was told by my CDC to have between 2.5 litres to 3 litres per day. To be honest, I wouldnt want to go over that..

Yeah this is day 3 and i actually feel fine and i have only had 1 litre so far. I think the more you drink the more you need perhaps.

Back