Not even been 24 hours!!!!

Katherine13

Hi Ladies, Just thought id drop in and say hi! Started this morning, fed up already :cry:
I know thats pathetic, im determined to keep at it!

Just feeling really headachey, sick of weeing, bit down etc, think this is normal!

People keep saying 'how an earth are you not going to EAT!?' and i keep wondering the same. Has any one got any words of wisdom and advise on how you got through your first few days/week?

I really need to do this, i get married in April and am really stuck in a rut with my weight.

You are all doing so fabulous so i hope some one can help

Katherine xxx

Hi Katherine, well done on getting this far, it is not easy and I really wouldnt want to go through the first week again. I know you feel bad now but in 3/4 days you will feel better and when you get to that first weight loss you will feel amazing so please dont give up. Take it one day at a time or even hour by hour if you are really struggling it does get better and the rewards are fantastic. Be kind to yourself dont do anything you dont have to do try to take things easy if you can. Drink the water it will help. Have you made some mini goals? I always like to hang some smaller jeans on the wardrobe to spur me on. Dont think of the bigger picture just now just concentrate on doing week one. Good luck huni xxx

Hi Katherine, you'll be fine I promise. I've just finished my first week. This time last week it felt like 7 days would never pass but they did and they will for you, just as Daisy says, take it one day at a time. I got that advice this time last week and it became much easier when all I had to do was get through the day ahead. I made a chart for my fridge and i have all the days ruled out on it, and now at the end of the day I get great satisfaction at putting a big purple glittery cross through the day. I can only speak for myself with the food thing, I drank a lot of water every day so I haven't had the headaches or been hungry really. I mean yes, it is insanely annoying going to the toilet constantly, but it's a small price to pay. Try not to think of the length of time you'll be without food, I mean it sounds crazy to say you're not going to eat anything for weeks on end..but if you take it day by day it's fine. Listen to me going on as if I know it all, I've only been doing it for 7 days and there some on here in their 16th week!!! Chin up...you'll do great x:vibes: (good vibes your way)

you will get there!

you will get there, i have been off TFr for 4 weeks now due to holiday and other commitments but still managed to lose 9lbs in that time. today is my forst day back on TFR and i had forgotten how hard it was, my daughter also had her forst day on it today and is really struggling:( but once you get past 3/4 days it will be easy and when you get to that first weigh in you will then know it has been worth it! so keep at it and just say to yourself that if at the ned of week 1 you dont think its was worth it I will find another diet- i bet you dont! lol:)

Thanks to all of you for the reply, its great to hear its not just me who struggles (even though its day 1! :eek:)

Keeping up with the water is really helping, i just need to focus on getting through the week.

Been reading a few posts, think im going to try a vanilla and coffee shake for breakfast tomorrow, see how that goes!

Thanks Daisy, think i need to set mini goals for myself to keep motivated.

Ella- i LOVE the fridge idea, i have a whiteboard on my fridge so im going to make a chart and count down the days until my first weigh in.

Think i might get a couple of soups and flap jacks next week, i can see my self getting sick of the shakes without varying them a bit. My pharmacist said she didnt reccomend the chicken but reccomended the vanilla and im not keen on the vanilla so might have different tastes!

Anyway, ill stop feeling sorry for myself :boohoo: and try to be positive. This forum is really helping me already though, its going to keep me sane i think!!

Thanks again for the reply's, much appriciated!
Katherine xxx

We're all struggling here, Katherine, so rest assured you are not alone. Reading all the posts really helps. I don't think I ever spent as much time on line as I have in last days. Stay strong. You can do this. Look forward to reading of your progress.

Lol

Thanks Slaney.

Well i feel better this morning, tired but thats expected.

I ruined my breakfast though haha. Planned to make a yummy iced coffee, got carried away and accidentally put the Strawberry shake in it! OMG! gross! I have to laugh though. and look forward to lunch..... xxx

Thanks Slaney.

Well i feel better this morning, tired but thats expected.

I ruined my breakfast though haha. Planned to make a yummy iced coffee, got carried away and accidentally put the Strawberry shake in it! OMG! gross! I have to laugh though. and look forward to lunch..... xxx

Yuk, did you actually drink it? I did the same with some peppermint tea last week, never even tried it just bunged it down the sink!

Good luck with day 2, you might feel a bit knackered and hungry today but that's normal so stick with it x

Yep, like a sad fool i drunk it!! didn’t have any choice really, i was starving! Cringed with every mouthful! haha desperate times!

Feeling hungry but not too bad, planning on doing my nails tonight to keep me busy, last night was the hardest! x

You are doing really well Katherine... Keep at it hun...

I hated the shakes at first, but am used to them now... I only have strawberry and chocolate, and i use water from the freezer and make them into slush puppies (sort of!! lol)..

When is your weigh in? I bet you come out of there grinning like a cheshire cat!! lol

Good luck x

When is your weigh in? I bet you come out of there grinning like a cheshire cat!! lol

Weigh in is on Sunday, it will have been 6 days then, im really looking forward to going!

I made ice cream for my tea and LOVED IT! i whizzed up lods of ice cubes in the blender to make a slush and then added a thick shake, it was really really nice, and nice to eat something with a spoon! didnt fill me up as much i think but it was worth it to eat with a spoon!

Bring on Day 3!! xxx

Wow Katherine.. You sound like you are really buzzing!! Good for you x x x

Slush is yummy!!! lol

I really hope you stay as motivated as this, cos you will fly through it x x x

I really hope you stay as motivated as this, cos you will fly through it x x x
Haha, I probably wont!

Id quite like a catheter fitted because im sick of going to the loo! Im waiting for my boss to start noticing, he will probably start making me work back the time ha! :p xxx

One time I was in Dublin for the day. Brought my shaker with me, made up the mixture, only to discover I'd brought soup by mistake!

Keep up the good work Katherine!! It will get easier. :) Keep the water up to get rid of your hunger pains.... keep busy.. occupied. I know this sounds daft as well but if you keep warm you wont need the bathroom as much........ lol

I did Cambridge in the uk and needed the bathroom every 2 seconds for the whole stint of my journey!!! Most people get used to it and gradually settle back into their normal routine but i didnt. If you space your water out and sip it rather than have litres at a time its easier too. Im in Australia now and back on CD and i hardly need to go (compared to before) because im not cold......

Good Luck :) We are here to support you! xx

The cold thing really must make a difference, i was freezing last night and went every 5 minutes ha! Right thats it, scarf hat, gloves and lots of layers whilst sat in front of the fire for me haha x

Thanks Tazzi! xxx

Im on Day 5 and i had a tiny blip today (one sweetie lol) but no big stress...... its the rest of my life not the rest of today :)

What a fantastic way to look at it! x x

Back