Not even half a pound :-(

ButtonsTheSuperCat

Silver Member
Am I the only one this has happened to on a mix of TS and WS? Haven't been naughty, have drunk loads of water, no toilet issues, been walking every day. Don't understand it :-(

its probably a mixture of a few things Kerri - it depends what kinda foods you have been eating?? like i have litterally only eaten protein and low carb veg on refeed - my max meals were about 300 calories, were you still taking all 3 packs too??

Hi Buttons. I'm sorry you have had a disappointing weigh-in -- but look at what you have achieved in the few weeks since you started!

You may have read my post elsewhere saying that I am working my way through "The Beck Diet Solution". Well, I have just finished today's activities (Day 21), and the theme seems very appropriate to your situation today. I'm not sure how much I agree with what the author writes, but I thought I would pass it on in case you were interested. The author is keen to stress that weighing ourselves is just an information-collecting exercise, so that we can use the result to indicate whether we need to make changes (she suggests that it is a bit like taking your temperature), but that it is not something we should allow ourselves to feel negative about or use to beat ourselves up. The figure on the scales reflects not only what we have eaten this week, but also our energy expenditure, fluid retention and "other biological influences". If the scales don't show the result we want to see, then we should check whether we have been a bit too relaxed about measuring food or counting cals/carbs, or perhaps we should add some more exercise. If we have been strict about the food plan, we should remember that weight can vary from day to day for "hormonal or other physiological reasons", and that weight loss will appear next week if we just keep going. In either case, the author's point is that the figure on the scales is always exactly what it should be, bearing in mind all the factors that affect it, and we shouldn't stress over it but just use whatever information we can glean from the experience. She also emphasises that it is not usual to lose the same amount of weight each week, and that all dieters sometimes experience weeks when weight stays the same or even goes up.

I suppose the aim of thinking like this is to stop us from getting disappointed if we don't lose weight in any particular week, or if progress seems slow. From my own experience, I always lose weight very well in Week 1 of a diet, reasonably well in Week 2, then not at all in Week 3 and barely noticeably in Week 4. Despite the fact that I know this, and have demonstrated the same pattern many times over the years, I still find the weight-loss-free Week 3 of any diet to be extremely demoralising, which is why I am planning my official weigh-in to be every four weeks instead, to avoid the ups and downs and just focus on the longer term. I hadn't thought of considering my weight as clinically as I would my temperature, as nothing more than a tool in assessing my plan for eating and exercising in the following week, but it is an interesting idea.

Anyway, that's enough rambling from me! Don't let it get you down. Just carry on doing the right things, and the scales will eventually move in the right direction. And don't forget that you have already shown excellent results in the first few weeks of the diet, so your overall progress is definitely worth celebrating :D

Thank you bijou, that actually makes a lot of sense, not to mention reassuring. And I completely understand what you mean about a pattern, I too have dieted many times and too have a similar pattern. Mine is always worse when I'm just about getting from one stone down to the next, it always sticks - just to annoy me Im sure! I know it'll work it's way off eventually. Just the waiting thats frustrating! Thank you again, it is so very helpful and very much appreciated. I don't know what I'd do without you guys :) xxx

Easy to say but try not to be disheartened. It could be anything from hormones to last nights dinner not being fully absorbed. Also have you been using salt when you do WS as you would need to drink even more water to compensate. The longest I have ever stuck to a diet was about 10 years ago when i lost 3 stone over just under 6 months. Some weeks were no loss, some were 2lbs and after a week of no loss I often had 3-4 the following week BUT the point of this was that over the space of a month and indeed the whole diet my average weight loss always went back to 2lbs without fail so some weeks my body must just have been playing funny ******* with me :)

It is mystifying how the body works. It sure can pile it on without any questions asked, but try to lose it and it plays all sorts of games!

Back