NOT going to be fair, fat and fifty!

Angeldel

I'm now 5 weeks into my new healthy eating plan, weigh in tonight. I was always a bit of a yoyo dieter, trying different diets, losing 2 or 3 stone, and then piling it all, and more back on. I made the decision some 10 years ago not to do that again and my weight has stayed around the same 16/17 stone mark.

I have only decided to try again to encourage my daughter who is trying to lose weight, and as I still do most of the cooking, it seemed easier to join her. After 4 weigh ins I have lost 10.5 lb with another weigh in this evening.

I am blessed with willpower at the moment, so it has been fairly easy to do to be honest. I am also quite competitive, so I always stay to class, and have had 2 slimmer of the weeks so far. (Must find out how to put the banner things onto my signature).

This is a good place to keep a note of recipes I am trying as well, I do like to have a dabble in the kitchen. Last night I made an old Rosemary Conley recipe I have used for years, very easy, very tasty and the whole family like it!

1 lb lean minced pork
1 onion finely chopped
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground chilli
2 tbs mango chutney
salt & pepper

sauce:
400g chopped tinned tomatoes
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 veg stock cube
2 tbs tom puree
1 tbsp fresh chopped coriander

Preheat oven to 180 deg C

Combine meatball ingredients in a large bowl, form into meatballs. I make around 20.

Put all sauce ingredients into a pan, bring to boil, and pour over meatballs.

Cook for 35 mins.

I serve with spaghetti, but you could just as easily use rice.

Back