Not got a scooby what to do with quark...

Indieflower

I have my mojo
You would think after doing SW for so long now that I would have scooby what to do with Quark, but I don't! :confused:

So, I've got a tub in the fridge with the challenge to make something. Need ideas though people cos I'm clueless! :D:D

Last edited:
i was told to put mine on top of my chocolate scan bran cake with some more cocoa powder in it
karen

I LOVE the stuff! These are my 3 favourite quark related recipes...

Mix an options hot chocolate in to it and have it like a chocolate mousse... for a couple of syns it is quite a big choccy fix!!

Or... Mix some wholegrain mustard in to some and stuff it in chicken breats, wrap in bacon and put in the oven (in tin foil) for about 20 mins. The bacon and chicken remain super moist and the quark/mustard mix make a lovely creamy sauce.

Or... Make a jacket potato, when the skin is crispy and the insides are fluffy take out and scoop out the fluffyness inside. Mix the potato with quark, worcestorshire sauce, chopped spring onions and lots of reduced fat mature cheese. Put the mixture back in the skins and put back in the oven for 10-15 minutes. My absolute favourite!!!

Enjoy!

I LOVE the stuff! These are my 3 favourite quark related recipes...

Mix an options hot chocolate in to it and have it like a chocolate mousse... for a couple of syns it is quite a big choccy fix!!

Or... Mix some wholegrain mustard in to some and stuff it in chicken breats, wrap in bacon and put in the oven (in tin foil) for about 20 mins. The bacon and chicken remain super moist and the quark/mustard mix make a lovely creamy sauce.

Or... Make a jacket potato, when the skin is crispy and the insides are fluffy take out and scoop out the fluffyness inside. Mix the potato with quark, worcestorshire sauce, chopped spring onions and lots of reduced fat mature cheese. Put the mixture back in the skins and put back in the oven for 10-15 minutes. My absolute favourite!!!

Enjoy!

I like the chicken idea. Would mustard powder work the same? x

Im obsessed with the stuff lately!!

mix sweetner with it and have with fruit - its like having whipped cream...

Iv done the chicken but added garlic and herbs - like a kiev...

Make a cheesecake top....

make a cheesey veg bake, had that this eve - lush!! recipe in recipe thread!

ooh its fab sweet or savoury and free so makes it all the nicer!x

Yep! I have done it with mustard powder and it was just as nice. It is just that I have an addiction to wholegrain mustard! Gem

Thanks Claire, I'll have a look for the cheesey veg bake. I need to start getting obsessed withit, it's FREE so I should be! :)

Mines still mix it with a white choc options is divine :) or mix with herbs and garlic for a free version of herby, garlicy spready cheese (can you tell I cant spell boison or whatever that lush french stuff is...)

Mines still mix it with a white choc options is divine :) or mix with herbs and garlic for a free version of herby, garlicy spready cheese (can you tell I cant spell boison or whatever that lush french stuff is...)

I'm suprised you didn't call it cheesey loveliness! ;) xx

Im deff with cherryade on this one, mix it with the white choc options and strawberrys mmmmmm lush :)

just the 2 syns if you use a whole pack of the options.

What a fab thread... will def be trying some of these, I never know what to do with mine either and end up wasting it!!!!

Gail x

You can make lasagne with it instead of making a cheese sauce. Just mix it with egg and then spread over your layers or meat and lasagne. Had it the other week and I really enjoyed it.
Not all supermarkets stock it but you can get it in most big ones near all the soft cheeses.

Ooh great thread. I am also a quark virgin - lol! So it's great to get some ideas. I also saw a recipe where you stuff 2 chicken breasts with quark, mixed with a tbsp of red pesto. Again, wrap in bacon and bake. I am going to try that as soon as I can get my hands on some quark. Hope Tesco stocks it.

Yummy - can't believe I've never had quark before. Made the choc mousse type pudding with options hot choc mixed in, really lush!

Back