Not happy - 4th weigh in, any CDC's about for advice?

Lil K

Addicted to Minimins
Just been for my 4th weigh in and have lost 2lbs and no inches. Lets just say I wasn't over the moon about this as I hoped I would lose more, however I reasoned that my body was just sorting itself out as I've lost quite a lot in the first 3wks. However my CDC says I'm not losing enough and there must be something wrong somewhere, saying I must have a very slow metabolism or a hormonal problem.

Now I can hand on heart say I have stuck to CD 100% since I started. I have my packs as follows - Get up at 5.30am and have 1/2 litre water, 1st pack at 8.30ish, tetra 1330ish, pack at 1830ish. Generally I have around 3.5 litres water per day - and that's it (no tea, no coffee, no coke zero).

This week is my AAMW and my CDC has suggested I have a pack as soon as I get in from work (1600hrs) and my AAM 1830-1900. Then when I'm back on SS split my 3rd pack and have 1/2 1600hrs & 1/2 1830hrs.

Can anybody offer any advice as to where I may be going wrong? I wasn't going to overeact about the smaller weight loss this week and just hope that it would sort itself next week, but after my meeting with the CDC I feel absolutely gutted - and she just kept on going on and on, really labouring the point. I'm not stupid and I got what she was telling me the first time, after the sixth time I felt like just getting up and walking out. It's just so disheartening when I know I have stuck to it rigidly, when really some times I would have killed for some real food.

She also mentioned that I should start doing some exercise to boost my metabolism. I am quite happy to do this, and will start incorporating it into my day, however (a) I feel weak all the time, and (b) I have read threads on here that for some people exercising actually stops them losing weight

Any thoughts/advice on my daily intake would be welcomed.

Thanks for reading, and sorry for going on - rant over!! :mad:

Personally from my point of view being a cdc i wouldnt have said your weight loss is slow, infact 21lbs over 4 weeks is nothing short of fantastic. Some weeks you will find that your body does lose slightly less but over the month an average of a stone is a goal i like to set my clients who are on diet 100%.

For some of my clients who exercise alot they take an extra pack, out of curiousity how tall are you???

You are doing brilliantly , keep up the good work, if you are on diet 100% the weight will come off as you are showing.

julesrush
cdc norwich

Would say that the weight you have lost so far is brilliant for the 1st 4 weeks.
Our bodies do some strange things at times, stick with it and next week you will see a good result. Try and increase water slightly to maybe 4 litres a day.....otherwise change nothing hun x

I'm 5ft 4.5in. I was expecting to have slow weeks, just as I've seen from the experience of others on here - but the CDC just hit a raw nerve with me, especially as I have stuck with it, to the letter :(. Hopefully next week things will sort themselves out.

Thanks for replying

Hedgemag - I'll make a concerted effort to top the 4 litres everyday

Dancing - After tonight the thought had crossed my mind to change CDC. You're right, she has knocked my confidence a little. I'll see how things go at our next meet, and consider the position then.

Thanks to everyone for replying x

I think what you have lost in 4 weeks is fantastic, stick with it, your doing really well :)

wow you have done very well .. well done to you.. my advice to you would be to just up your water a little ... your doing fantastic and i am sure you will have a great weight loss next week....

OMG

I know others have said it, but your CDC must be off his/her trolley.
Your weight loss has been fantastic......... really really good......
Have no idea what she expects you to lose in that time, what does she want. BLOOD:eek:

I agree on the water front, top it up a little more it all helps. I have times when my weight loss is rubbish, just had one and I feel off the rails with it, but that wasn't the right thing to do, totally wrong, so you chin up, your doing fab....

If she isn't any better next week, I would look out another....

Keep it up and really well done.
xxxxxx

Hey! i was sad to read your CDC comments... you are doing very well and maybe if you don't feel the support is there, then yeah, move on!!

Was the CDC trying to hint that you'd been cheating!! Why would anyone lie? they're only fooling themselves... i'd want to knock their block off!! :D

Hey Lil, I think your weight loss had been great. I had 2 weeks on CD where I lost nothing then I lost 9 lbs the third week. It was pretty devastating at the time but if you are sticking to it (and I know you are), you are losing even if it isn't showing up. I had lost several stones before there was any change to my dress size/measurements. Everyone is different and loses in different places. I also found that exercise slowed my weight loss in the short term but I think it helped in the long term...especially for toning. Your CDC is not being very helpful...but don't let that put you off as you have lost so much already. Keep the faith!

Hey Lil,
I'm on the same week as you, got my next weigh-in tomorrow, but last week only lost a disappointing 3lbs. My CDC was great about it though, and said sometimes you have a slower week, it is just one of those things. I would be inclined to think seriously about changing CDC - this diet is hard enough as it is, without the key person who is supposed to be supporting you through it being down on you when your weightloss doesn't stay huge every week. You have lost a lot more than me so far, and I've stuck to it 100% too, so it just depends on the person I guess.
Ignore her, and keep up the great work! This diet does work, even if some weeks are slower than others - your scales are already proof of that!
Anna x

Hey Hun...

You have lost an amazing 1.5 stone in a month! Thats is an amazing achievement.
It really doesn't sound as if your CDC is being very supportive at all.

Keep at it and the weight will come off.

Back