Not happy with CDC

Skinnybitch

I know last week when I joined I was initially raring to go.

Anyway I thought I would post this.

I went along to my CD to join and she asked me the usualy questions. When filling out the form she asked me if I had any serious 'medical conditions' - I asked her what she meant, she said 'diabetes' etc. I said No I did not have diabetes but I said I was on antidepressants. You can imagine my shock when I saw the form I had sigened. I have high BP, Depression and Asthma and these boxes were ticked as NO yet I had not been asked about these conditions, there for allowing her to sign me up. If I had ticked a box I would have had to get my GP signature to sign up.
Now is it me or was she desperate for me to sign up?
As a manger this is not best practice but I wonder how many people have been signed up withought being given the full info. No wonder I had dizzy spells on day 3 and had to pack in.

I think the best solution would be to contact Cambridge Diet and let them know.

Phone - (44) 1536 403344/Fax - (44) 1536 202396
e-mail - [email protected]

There are very good CDC's who do their best for their customers and it is a pity that those who do not are allowed to continue in practise.

Love Mini xxx

Sorry that you had a bad experience. I had to get my form signed because my CDC asked all the questions and because I've got gallstones.

luckily i didn't have any of the conditions listed but my cdc asked me loaaaaaads of questions on the phone before i even met her. and she asked me to make sure everything was correct before i signed it. your health comes first hon, and it seems your cdc didn't remember that!!

abz xx

my cdc gave me the form to fill in, so it was up to me to tick the boxes as to whether I had certain conditions or not, when did you get the form? Did you mention to her that you had these conditions when you seen what she had marked? I presume you didnt sign the form with incorrect information?

My CDC gave me the form to read and sign. Whilst they could perhaps have specifically asked the questions aloud, surely it is your responsibility to read something before you sign it? I know I allways do!

I do also agree that some seem to have little regard for your welfare - a friend of mine was allowed to stay on SS when she was already well underweight - not good!

I know last week when I joined I was initially raring to go.

Anyway I thought I would post this.

I went along to my CD to join and she asked me the usualy questions. When filling out the form she asked me if I had any serious 'medical conditions' - I asked her what she meant, she said 'diabetes' etc. I said No I did not have diabetes but I said I was on antidepressants. You can imagine my shock when I saw the form I had sigened. I have high BP, Depression and Asthma and these boxes were ticked as NO yet I had not been asked about these conditions, there for allowing her to sign me up. If I had ticked a box I would have had to get my GP signature to sign up.
Now is it me or was she desperate for me to sign up?
As a manger this is not best practice but I wonder how many people have been signed up withought being given the full info. No wonder I had dizzy spells on day 3 and had to pack in.

I hope without sounding rude, I can say surely the "Medical" question that was put to you was an open ended question?! All of your conditions to me would come under the "Serious" category, she could then of said those conditions aren't for this question but I'll fill them in on the later questions! I think that because you said no serious conditions she took it as read, that you hadn't got any Ailments! I for one would have mentioned them to your CDC this would then have covered you both?! I think this was just a missunderstanding with no harm intended?!

Last edited:
I just wanted to say. My hubby has high blood pressure and had to get a doc's signature. He does 790 and has lost 4stone. His blood pressure has come down and he's been able to come off some of the tablets he was on...Now takes 2 a day instead of 4. His doc is really pleased with him! Just maybe worth a thought. We do our own relaxed version of 790 which is probably in truth somewhere between 790 and 1000cals some days. His doc did say he could SS though if he wanted...we just choose not to. We both get good losses on it though. Just thinking you maybe don't have to rule out CD altogether if you get advice from your doctor and get a better CDC. By the way I get dizzy spells too. I think it's quite common in the 1st week or 2.

xxx

But surely having told her I was on antidepressants meant I was depressed. Oh well its over now.

The dizzy spells on day 3 can be just the diet as alot of people on no medication can experience that.(but you should have been given info on side effects on your first meeting to pre warn you of this)

As for the information on sheet, yes you would have required medical form to be signed by the doctor, I fill out the form for each client and go through every section with them, then ask them to read the form and sign if they are happy. Really you need to phone Cambridge to make sure this doesnt happen again and also shouldnt sign anything if you dont agree with information, because you have signed to say you arent on any medication or have medical conditions you are giving the cdc every chance to say he/she wasnt aware that you were on or have any medication/medical conditions.
PS I always ask on phone if someone has any medical conditions or on medication or what their bmi is so it isnt a wasted journey and i can send forms out to be signed if needed before first appointment.
julesrush
cdc norwich

def report her she puts good cdc's to shame! Mine sent me the form and i filled it out brought to doctor etc then posted it back and went down the following week to discuss :)

Hi Skinny - I'm sorry you had a very bad experience, but agree with all that's been said so far.

I could write more, but can't beat what Jules has written in #11. That's why I spend up to 30 mins on the initial phone call, and 1 hour on the first visit. I don't actually think it can be done properly in less time.

Back