Extra Easy Not having 1/3 superfree at all times...Is that naughty?

Squ1rrel

I know I'm probably going to get my knuckles wrapped for this ;) but I'm not finding the need to eat 1/3 superfree with each meal - but im wondering how this will effect my weightloss?

Don't get me wrong - I DO eat it, often for lunch I'll have free food such as turkey or ham, along with a superfree salad - and for evening meals I eat a lot of casseroles, curries or just steamed fish with veg so I am eating it with MOST meals. And I quite often snack on fruit however there are sometimes when I really just dont fancy it...

For breakfast, I quite often have 2 weetabix for my HexB with HexA milk and I'll often chuck a banana or strawberries on top. For days when I don't have cereal (or toast) I'll cook up an omelette or have scrambled eggs with bacon. I know I could easily chuck some mushrooms or tomatoes in too - but there are days when I either dont have these in the fridge, or as I said, I really just dont want them. Sometimes I might have a cheese or tuna sandwich for lunch with no salad (I feel like a rebel!).

This doesnt mean that I am not full and I am going to start gorging on crisps and chocolate to get me through the day - it just means I'll eat less than I need to on those days.

So in theory I'm actually eating less calories than I would be if I'd piled my plate with superfree fruit or veg which to me means it shouldnt be affecting my weight loss - or is there some sort of magic formula which means I'd actually lose weight quicker if I forced myself to add in some fruit/veg even when I dont fancy it?

No its not naughty, its a recommendation only not something thats mandatory particularly in a meal where you are using your healthy extra xx

As above^^^^.....however (!) you say you are eating less by not piling your plate with superfree when you don't actually want it but the idea of EE is essentially to fill your plate with superfree and have less free foods. So infact, in a roundabout way, you are probably having more calories...if that makes sense!! lol
So for instance, lets say you are having a 3 egg omelette with 2 rashers of bacon and you are full up without adding toms and mushrooms. You would infact be better of having a 2 egg omelette and 1 rasher and filling up on toms and mushrooms!! That really is what EE is all about.
EE allows you to have free food together (unlike red and green days) but the idea generally, is you have less of them because you fill up with superfree.
As already said though, it doesn't hurt occasionally....

Ha ha I see what you mean. I'd say 99% of the time I'm having the same amount of free food whether I have super free or not, but I guess there may be times when I'm more inclined to add an extra egg or slice of meat!!

I'm going to attempt more super free if I can but I'm not going to worry too much about the times I really don't want it as long as I know I'm not compensating with other things!!

If you read your sw book it says "including 1/3 of a plate of superfree food at meal times - where it makes sense". Sometimes I don't have my SF - my all time favourite kids meal is sausage beans and chips, some lettuce on the side just would make sense to me!

Back