not in ketosis

I am on the 4 packs. Mine is a nice enough person but I always think like i should be in and out in 10 mins. She doesnt ask anything about my life or things that are goign on. I have tried to talk but feel like a bit of a pain.

You should just ask her if she minds...bet you £20 she'll say no!
Most CDC's are really great at the counsilling side of things if you just let them know that you do need that litttle bit extra from them.
Do you have a set appointment times or is your CDC sessions like mine, a bit of a free for all?

Now I feel bad as she is a nice person. I think though that I have issues with food related to other issues and probably need like a one to one hour session for a few weeks with someone in that field.

Why do you feel bad? My first CDC was a nice person just like your but was exactly the same as your...I went in got weighed, got my pre packed order and left (actually I was almost bundled out the door most of the time). Although she was a lovely person that just wasn't enough for me, I need someone to talk things through with, I needed someone who would listen and show they understood exactly where I was coming from and offer me advice on how I should deal with my issues.
My current CDC is my angel (god I hope she doesn't read this!lol), she gives me exactly what I need and has helped me deal with so many of my food issues. If you need more than to be weighed every week then there is no shame in mentioning that to her, it won't be the first time she's heard it I promise you.

I just said that I needed a bit more help with dealing with my food issues and that I needed a counsellor who can talk these thing through with me. I was told that in the half hour session that she had avalible for me that wasn't possible. I so told her that I felt it would be best for me to find another CDC which she completely understood.
A lot of it is down to if they have the time free for you. My first CDC had 2 young kids who basically got shut in the other room when she had someone round so she obviously had to think of them (I felt terrible for them to be honest). My current CDC (she was the first CDC in the Portsmouth area so has been perfectic herself for a fair while) doesn't have kids and has an open house policy where you can be as fast or slow as you want when you go to see her. It's been known for me to be kicked out before (jokingly!!!)because we've waffled on for so long, purely because it's so layed back and welcoming there.
I just don't see why you should pay out for extra councilling each week when all you need is to talk to a CDC properly about your issues. Like I said talk to your CDC about your worries and I think you'll be pleasently suprised!

If you need to know her details just leave a message on the forum addressed to me and I'll get back to you asap, I'm always on here (sadly that's not an exageration!:D) so you won't have to wait long for a reply.
Hope it goes well when you talk to your CDC though.

Back