Not losing 3lb per week - help!

Daisy65

Silver Member
Have just completed week 11 and my weight loss has slowed down and for the last 5 weeks I've only lost 9lbs despite the fact that I have only had one day off (2 weeks ago). Everyone on the forum seems to be losing weight very quickly if they stick to SS - I can't understand why it is not working the same for me. Is everyone else doing lots of exercise? Is it my age (over 40 by quite a bit!)? I've been putting skimmed milk in my 3 teas a day for the last 2 weeks but still only have 3 packs a day - could this slow my weight loss? I am finding it difficult to stay motivated. I know that I should be grateful for the 34lb loss so far but feel as if I may as well be on weightwatchers - would lose a little less but at least I could eat. Any ideas would be gratefully received ...

Are you drinking enough water?
The milk should be fine as I believe this would class you as being on SS+ because you're adding calories. If you're wanting to up your loss you could try going down to SS? Drinking black tea also has slimming properties, when adding milk you're killing those benefits, so this could definitely up your weekly loss!

Thanks Folks - I am drinking 3 litres of water per day - up to 4 at weekends. May try giving up milk but have only been using it for 2 weeks - anything however is worth a shot.

Sorry to hear things aren't going as quickly as u had hoped, I know I was terribly disappointed the first time I "only" lost 3lb and all those thought went through my he'd about how I may as well neon x, y or z diet where I could eat real food. I then re-assessed things and considered that:

1. I was losing weight, which was my goal after all
2. That I wasn't missing out on food, I was having food, just that my food of choice was Cambridge sole source food
3. That on other diets the chances of me getting 100% of my recommended daily allowance of the correct vitamins etc was very low
4. That given a choice of food I would choose badly and cheat

I also remembered that every time sme well meaning friend says "why don't u try xxx instead, at least you could eat" I completely baffle them by asking what would be the point of that, given that whatever I eat is only a source of nutrition and that I am already getting all my required nutrition.

I'm convinced that the key to this is mental attitude. Don't see it as a chore to be endured, see it as a positive lifestyle choice to be enjoyed. The weight will keep going down, it has no choice on such a low calory intake.

As to your questions, I am also over 40. I have taken a little more excercise than I used to but not hugely. Just keep going, it can't fail to work.

mikeyB said:
Sorry to hear things aren't going as quickly as u had hoped, I know I was terribly disappointed the first time I "only" lost 3lb and all those thought went through my he'd about how I may as well neon x, y or z diet where I could eat real food. I then re-assessed things and considered that:

2. That I wasn't missing out on food, I was having food, just that my food of choice was Cambridge sole source food
3. That on other diets the chances of me getting 100% of my recommended daily allowance of the correct vitamins etc was very low

I also remembered that every time sme well meaning friend says "why don't u try xxx instead, at least you could eat" I completely baffle them by asking what would be the point of that, given that whatever I eat is only a source of nutrition and that I am already getting all my required nutrition.

I'm convinced that the key to this is mental attitude. Don't see it as a chore to be endured, see it as a positive lifestyle choice to be enjoyed. The weight will keep going down, it has no choice on such a low calory intake.

As to your questions, I am also over 40. I have taken a little more excercise than I used to but not hugely. Just keep going, it can't fail to work.

Wow what an insightful answer :) awesome attitude!

My mum lost 1lb in 3 weeks, then lost 8lbs then gained 1. Even though she was 100%. Our bodies can be so evil to us sometimes!

It's the same old thing...everyone is different...my weight loss is slowing..and I'm 51....I have milk in my coffee...so maybe I shouldn't be losing anything at all....but I am and for that I am grateful. I've had so called 'friends' at work tell me how bad CD is for my body...I tell them that it can't be any worse than the extra 5 stone..(now 4!) I am carrying around...and my GP fully supports me...and each time I see her (we work at the same surgery) she tells me she hardly recognises me! (which I know isn't really true...but it gives me a boost lol).

So rant over and stick with it. I think sometimes the thought of rapid weight loss blinds us to the fact that for some it may not be as rapid as others, but we are all here to support each other,
Keep strong

hugs
xx

mikeyB said:

Mikey B
Wise words - I was on a real downer after my weigh in yesterday. I feel a lot more positive today. I may try and stick a lunchtime walk on weekdays as I usually just sit at my desk and carry on working. I have to remind myself that I lose weight at an even slower pace on food diets and the temptation to stray is significantly higher. Anyway - I think I prefer my choc shake to a salad!
Thank you for responding so positively.

IWillBeAYummyMummy said:
My mum lost 1lb in 3 weeks, then lost 8lbs then gained 1. Even though she was 100%. Our bodies can be so evil to us sometimes!

Poor Mum! Hope she stuck with it...

Dementia said:
It's the same old thing...everyone is different...my weight loss is slowing..and I'm 51....I have milk in my coffee...so maybe I shouldn't be losing anything at all....but I am and for that I am grateful. I've had so called 'friends' at work tell me how bad CD is for my body...I tell them that it can't be any worse than the extra 5 stone..(now 4!) I am carrying around...and my GP fully supports me...and each time I see her (we work at the same surgery) she tells me she hardly recognises me! (which I know isn't really true...but it gives me a boost lol).

So rant over and stick with it. I think sometimes the thought of rapid weight loss blinds us to the fact that for some it may not be as rapid as others, but we are all here to support each other,
Keep strong

hugs
xx

I know what you mean,there are so many people who have spectacular losses on the forum and I am constantly comparing my losses to theirs. I told someone at work that I had only lost 2lbs this week and she said congratulations! I don't think my work colleagues can really comment on how healthy CD is as they are usually wolfing down chips or McDs. I don't think that my body has ever had so many vitamins over a sustained period.
Well done for your weight loss so far - 20% along the way...

I know what you mean,there are so many people who have spectacular losses on the forum and I am constantly comparing my losses to theirs. I told someone at work that I had only lost 2lbs this week and she said congratulations! I don't think my work colleagues can really comment on how healthy CD is as they are usually wolfing down chips or McDs. I don't think that my body has ever had so many vitamins over a sustained period.
Well done for your weight loss so far - 20% along the way...

You've had some pretty spectacular losses yourself there! I see them on your list, 8lb, 3lb, 5lb, 4lb... almost 15% of your entire bodyweight! You can't possibly be dissapointed thats amazing!

Daisy65 said:
Poor Mum! Hope she stuck with it...

oh yh! She doesn't let it get to her and almost 6 stone down x

My weight loss pattern has been the same since I started 10 weeks ago I have a good loss ( 5 or 6 lb) then always followed by just a 1lb the week after, must admit on my week were only a pound is lost I do feel de motivated but keep going to see what the bigger loss will be the week after. It's strange how it always works out like that coz I don't do anything differently x I'm 3 stone down now with 3 and half to go so just try to look at the bigger picture xxx

I've noticed that the more I get into the diet, the slower the weight loss. It really is demotivating, but I am learning that if I just drink more water and do some gentle exercising, it helps. I am going into the gym next week to start swimming. I think my body has adjusted to the diet, and probably needs a kick up the bum to restart the good weight loss.

I would not have milk, as the amount of calories needed to keep you in ketosis is probably higher than it should be now that you have added calories.

Pampered said:
I've noticed that the more I get into the diet, the slower the weight loss. It really is demotivating, but I am learning that if I just drink more water and do some gentle exercising, it helps. I am going into the gym next week to start swimming. I think my body has adjusted to the diet, and probably needs a kick up the bum to restart the good weight loss.

I would not have milk, as the amount of calories needed to keep you in ketosis is probably higher than it should be now that you have added calories.

Calories is nothing to do with Ketosis, it's carbs :)

All good advice given so won't add but good luck sugar x

We are all doing amazingly well..I had a 3lb loss over 2 weeks, (my CDC was away)..but this week I had a 4.5lb loss....any loss is good and better than 1lb a week on WW (other diet plans are available..)
hugs
xx

I feel so much better - partly due to the warm and fluffy feeling I get when I read all your supportive comments! I'm going away this weekend and will have to eat dinner tonight. Have decided to go back to basic SS next week - no milk and no bars. Will give it a try for the next couple of weeks to see if this shifts a bit more weight. Hope I don't go overboard tonight... We shall see...
x

Back