Not losing, I am gaining. Help

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Wishfairies, 11 August 2009 Social URL.

1. Wishfairies

Wishfairies Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello. My name is Debs and I have just started slimming world. On my third day and I haven't lost any weight, actually I put on a pound. I have followed the diet 100%. Is this normal.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sarah-Jayne

Sarah-Jayne Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Welcome Debbie.

Firstly, you really should only weigh once a week, on the same scales at the same time of the day.
    Secondly, are you writing down your food diary on here so we can see what your eating?
    Thirdly, dont worry about it, so you may gain this week but once your body gets used to it then you will soon see the weight drop off and your shape will change.

Stil with it hun xx

4. eternity

eternity Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(42.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    SW
    Definitely shouldn't weigh yourself in between official WI. At the moment you can't tell if you've lost or not so you are upsetting yourself needlessly.
    Trust the plan and only weigh yourself once a week.

5. Wishfairies

Wishfairies Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Turkey Rashers, all varieties, 150g pack, chilled Seafood Sticks, 16 pack, chilled Mullerlight Yogurt, Cherry Mullerlight Smooth Yogurt, Banana & Custard^^ egg noodles mangetout baby whole sweetcorn prawns bean sprouts mushrooms onions bananas melon, all varieties nectarines plums satsumas soy sauce
    Healthy Extras a 250ml semi-skimmed milk
    b 2 slices wholemeal bread (400g small sliced loaf)

Syns Syns Clover, Lighter 1 Limbos Snacks, Smokey Bacon 3 Mediterranean Vegetable Pasta, chilled 1½ Vegetable Stock Granules, dried ½ French Fries, all varieties 4 Velvet Crunch, Cheddar Cheese & Spring Onion 4 Total Syns14

I followed the extra easy plan.

6. Sarah-Jayne

Sarah-Jayne Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Seems alright to me, just stick with it hun. You will loose!

7. Wishfairies

Wishfairies Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I will. Thank you.

8. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Agree with Sarah-Jayne Hun...never weigh yourself at home as it could lead to the doubts and then quite possibly going off track. Your weight fluctuates during the week anyway, so just stand on the scales at class and you will have a lovely surprise!

Good luck!!

9. julie19

julie19 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    I agree with everyone - don't weigh yourself at home & certainly not each day!!! I know from personal experience that I get weighed on a Monday, if I then weigh myself on the Thursday after I am at least 2 pounds heavier than I was on the Monday weigh in but then when I go for my next weigh in everything has normally evened itself out.

Weighing yourself at home can be so bad for your motivation it is is best to stick to the SW scales.

10. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I think your problem lies with you expecting a loss after only 3 days! LOL. Weigh in once a week, at the same time, on the same day! .. stick with and youl see teh results, promise! xx

11. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It's already been said but they're right - don't weigh daily! It puts you off and the body fluctuates a lot in a day.

Stay with it - the losses will happen xxx

12. Wishfairies

Wishfairies Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks everyone. I have given my scales to a family member. Went to my first meeting this morning. So here goes for next week.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.