Not losing inches

Angelchops

In the last 7 weeks I have lost about 2 stone, but I haven't lost even a quarter of an inch from round my waist. Presumably it will go eventually - at least, some of it, but has anyone got any ideas how I could speed it up a bit.

I can't afford to join a gym, am a long way from a pool (with no car). I have been doing three 45 minute walks a week, but quite fancy an exercise DVD, nothing too ambitious. The thing is there are SO many to choose from. I'd hoped the library might have them, but they don't. Has anyone got a good one they recommend?

Thanks in advance

The davina one is good!

yes def get yourself an exercise dvd just dont over do it!

Your probably loosing weight from somewhere other than your waist at the moment..its always where you want to loose it from, is the last place it will leave lol

In the last 7 weeks I have lost about 2 stone, but I haven't lost even a quarter of an inch from round my waist. Presumably it will go eventually - at least, some of it, but has anyone got any ideas how I could speed it up a bit.

I can't afford to join a gym, am a long way from a pool (with no car). I have been doing three 45 minute walks a week, but quite fancy an exercise DVD, nothing too ambitious. The thing is there are SO many to choose from. I'd hoped the library might have them, but they don't. Has anyone got a good one they recommend?

Thanks in advance

I wouldn't worry too much about your lack of weight loss around your waist. You've still got quite a way to go and depending upon how tall you are and how you carry your weight may have some bearing upon your predicament. You've got 99Ibs to go, I am happy to bet your house, car, all the moeny you have in the world that by the time you reach goal your girth will not be the same as it is now. :D

Get a DVD if you like, but just so you know, you cannot spot reduce with exercise i.e. exercising a particular region of your body won't reduce it. All you'll be doing is toning and building muscle and burning more calories so you may well find that your current pattern of weight loss (i.e. not losing around your waist) will be accelerated and may leave you more disheartened.

If you are still losing weight Im sure you are losing inches too from other areas of your body so dont worry.

I have Davina - My three 30 minute workouts dvd and I love it, its a good mix and I especially love the boxing cardio section, although I havent done it lately and will probably leave off now till I move up the plans. I walk every day though a couple of brisk walks and I use hand weights to hopefully help with bingo wings.

i've got one called chillates, its a combo of yoga, pilates and dance. it claims to be a complete mind-body workout which improves balance, aerobic fitness, co-ordination and muscle tone.

Back