Attack Not losing please HELP!!!

Hi everyone, I've been on the attack phase for 9 days now and have stuck to it to a "T"... I have only lost 1 pound I'm getting so discouraged. I've been walking 1 hour a day, only drink water except for my morning cup of coffee. I only eat eggs, ground turkey, chicken, fish, and my oat bran . I did get my peroid the second day of the diet and it should be ending soon, but can that play that big of a part? Please Help!

Hi Dietgirl

I agree with CG, 9 days seems a very very long Attack!!

Move into Cruise and tell us more about you - are you eating enough?

Hang in there, it does work! :D

P x

I would assume from the length of time on Attack that you have got a very large amount to lose, I had 6 stone and only did a week attack. Yes TOTM can make a difference, for me its the week after, but for others its the actual week.

Move to cruise and give yourself a few weeks to see how you go.............just a thought though, do your scales work properly, is there a chance they might need a new battery. My scales just switch off, but older scales used to change weight, going down just by leaving it and watching it.

Sorry I'm 32 and just had my fourth and last child 4 months ago. I am 5 10" and weight 212 lbs my true weight is 160. I would be happy at 165! So I have about 50 lbs to lose. I don't measure my food just eat until I'm full like he said. I find that it doesn't take a lot to make me full. I hope this helped.

I just weighed myself and it finally said I went down 2 lbs... But is that good for how long I've been on the attack phase? I will start the cruise phase today. Thank you everyone for your help!

That does seem a bit low but I don't think it's unheard of. It can be disheartening but bear in mind, this is the easiest diet you can follow in terms of not being hungry and once you get the hang of it you'll be amazed at the tasty recipes you can whip up. You might want to start a diary and post your daily menus, you never know if you may be eating something that's upsetting the dukan plan. Are you getting your oatbran daily? Are you maybe breast feeding?
Good luck, I look forward to following your diary. It really does help to post your menus! And as counter-intuitive as it sounds, the more protein you eat the more you will lose so don't fall into the trap of thinking the less you eat the faster you'll lose :)

Thank you so much for helping me! I am not Breast feeding. I am eating my oat bran everyday. I will post my meals and I'm gonna start the next phase today.

I'm new to Dukan so don't feel qualified to offer advice. The only thing I can offer is to make sure you are eating enough. If you have a small baby you may be snacking rather than eating meals, maybe have a smaller appetite? I know some people have great success with vlcd but I don't think that the aim with Dukan, as I understand its like slimming world in that the more you eat the more you lose in those first weeks!
Ive had great support on here from posting food diaries, perhaps when you post yours there may be something people can spot. I think you deserve a medal for doing 9 days of attack, I was told 7-10 days (I have similar weight loss goals) but am only doing 5!

On the main home page I started a thread about 'a year to save my life' in the thread is a link to a video by Chris Powell about protein. He says that when dieting you should have the same grammes of protein as kilos you weigh. So I need to eat about 87g of protein............it is so easy to do. 1 egg is 12g, my dukan bread that I make is 47g, and thats just one meal.............try it out, make sure you eat as much pure protein as possible. Eggs, chicken, fish, beef............it really really does help.

Ok here it is... I was very busy today but here is what I ate.
This morning I had my oat bran pancake and a cup of coffee with one Splenda 2 tablespoons of ff milk and a drop of almond extract.
I snacked on some raw broccoli mid day.
Lunch I had 2 steamed chicken tenderloins with 1/2c steamed broccoli
Dinner I had 2 more steamed chicken tenders with 1c of steamed broccoli and 1c non fat Greek yogurt with 1 Splenda and a drop of almond extract.
A peppermint tea
I made the soy sauce, Splenda, garlic recipe on the side and drizzled it over the chicken after I steamed it. And lots of water.......

ff milk - full fat???
Apart from that, and you probably meant skimmed anyway, I think you need to eat far more protein. I read above someone suggesting 1g per kilo you weigh. In France, Dukan used to suggest between 1.5g and 2g per kilo so you really could eat more... Are you now alternating PV and PP days?
Hang in there - soy sauce can have sugar in it, but I don't suppose you had much of that.
x

This morning I had my coffee with fat free milk and Splenda with two egg omelette with a handful of spinach... When I weighed myself this morning I had gained a pound. :0(. For lunch I'm gonna have some ground turkey meat with steamed string beans.

How are you doing cruise? Are you doing 1 day PP/1 day PV? Frequently after a PV day you'll find the scales up a bit but it evens out over the week. Maybe you should try just one weekly weigh in day, otherwise you may get so discouraged you'll throw in the towel before you give it a chance :)

I'm doing good thanks. I feel good jut not seeing the scale go down. Just staying focused and hoping for good results by Monday when ill weigh myself agin.

Back