Extra Easy Not losing weight

JanineLouise

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else is finding it hard to lose weight on SW? I eat well aside from the odd packet of crisps or mullerlight! However, these are justifiable as a syn. I aim to go to the gym at least 5 times a week, sometimes it could only be 3 times. I aim to burn at least 500/600 cals per gym session.

I am very fit but still finding it hard to lose weight! I've been doing SW for 6 Weeks and went down a couple of lbs then last weight-in I am now back to my original weight!! I find this so annoying and frustration.

Any advise would be great. I also eat 1200cals or above a day, so i know I am not eating too little for my metabolism to slow.

:sigh:

Hi Have you got a typical days food for us to have a look at?

Do you eat more when you go to the gym? If your having round about 1200 calories but burning 600 off then that doesn't leave you with much!

Also muller light yogurts are not syns unless they are the fruit layer ones.

Since I started walking more I've found I'm staying about the same too, but I think I am eating more because all the exercise is making me hungry, so I wonder if it's worth it but I suppose eventually the exercise will build muscle and burn calories quicker etc, and it's bound to be good for health generally so I will stick with it for now. Make sure you are having your 1/3 superfree and use your syns too. I have been a bit slack with my superfree lately which could be the other reason I have slowed down...

Hi Janine!

Sorry to hear your weight loss has slowed. There could be many reasons for it but hopefully we should be able to give you some pointers!

It would really help if you could give us an idea of what you're eating. Are you making sure that you're eating 1/3 of each meal superfree, having and weighing both your healthy extras each day and using 5-15 syns per day? Posting a few days food diaries for us below would help us to see if there's anything obvious within your food intake. Sometimes the really simple things can make the difference.

Make sure you're drinking 2 litres of water a day (more if you're exercising) too as this can really help. Also, do you have much weight to lose? People find it tougher to lose weight the closer they are to target so this could maybe be playing a part too!

Back