Not recognised!!

Poppysparkle

Silver Member
Went to my neice's 13th birthday today and I walked in to the house and said hi to everyone. My sister-in-law's mum was there, who I have met about three times now, the last time when I was a few weeks away from giving birth and about five stone heavier than I am now.

Anyway, she looked at me with half a smile and puzzled face. She then said "which sister is this Martin? We've not met?"

When I explained that I'd lost a lot of weight and she realised who I was, she couldn't get over the fact that it was me! :D What a great feeling though!

Thanks so much LS!!! I had the pics taken today by my daughter who is only 7, and who was giving me orders on poses! Some are very cheesy! ;-)

I got a lovely pic taken with my baby by my brother and his amazing camera today, so I'm so happy that I'm no longer phobic of the camera!

Well you look truly amazing hun! Your new pics are fab :) I can't wait to be where you are right now.

Emma xXx

Hugs Emma - what a lovely thing to say!

My mum was delighted because I even posed for a photo with my brother and sister - she doesn't actually have one with us all together!!!!! And I was delighted because I didn't look out of place - my sister said "we look like sisters now, not to completely different". She's always been really slim. My daughter on the way home told my mum that I was skinnier than my sister!! Whoa, I can't believe how great it feels to be normal!!

Well you enjoy it, you deserve it!

What a nice thing to happen!

I'd love not to be recognised.

It becomes a game..........

I'm so pleased for you. How FAB that she should be the first one not to recognise you.
Which sister is this?
Write it down and remember it forever!
You are looking fabulous Poppysparkle .
I LOVE love that name.

Forgot to say

Can't REP you again yet - so REP. XX
Look at you in your photo on that sofa with loads of space either side, and your legs crossed all nonchalant!!!:D

LOL!! Thanks SB!!

You know, I've been saying for weeks now that I MUST write everything down. Things have been happening weekly that are so amazing and make me feel so good and I'm in danger of forgetting them. I want to write them down (in fact I even told the LL group, who are all newbies, to do this on Thursday) for moments of weakness in the future!

DH keeps saying "you are looking really good at the moment!". High praise from him!

What does he mean?

At the moment! Kick him !!
It's forever xxx

Wow, what a boost for you, you look great, I hope you had a good time at the party as well.

oh poppy i'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!

daisy x

Isn't it great to not be recognised!
I had that a lot this weekend too! It felt brill!

And like was said, you totally deserve it too.
And great news about the photo! It's nice to *want* to be in them now isn't it! :D

Brilliant :D. What a buzz - having to reintroduce yourself. COngratulatons. Make sure you write these occasions down and they'll be fantastic to reread in a few years time.

Back