• 6 or more lbs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • varies

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beckyboo55

hi

i am looking for some advice and support, i am following the slimming world plan with help from my mum in law who attends group, i can not afford to attend group at the moment as i am pending redundancy. i want to lose 3 or 4 stones.

i tried slimming world during november and i lost nearly a stone, then i veered off course due to christmas but started again around 29th december, i have stuck to it really well trying to alternate red and green days but i have not lost anything so far, does anyone know why this would be?
it worked for me before i am really confused!

has anyone else had problems like this?
and how much weight on average do people lose per week?

i really appreciate everyones help :)

Its worked for you before, so there is no reason why it wouldnt work again. Did you do Red/Green alternates before?

Obvious questions.

1) Are you drinking enough fluids, preferably water, or no added sugar squash, tea coffee?

2) Has anything changed about what you have been consuming in this spell of trying compared to last time?

3) Can you give us an example of what you might eat for your alternate days?

My initial recommendation would be perhaps to do a week of one plan, rather than continually switching. Make sure you drink plenty of water, and incorporate lots of speed and superspeed foods into your diet.

Write us a day or twos worth of typical intake and we can see if theres anything tweakable that might tip the balance. You may simply be not eating enough.

hiya,

thanks for your reply!

i am pretty sure i could drink more water so tomorrow i will make sure i drink loads! thanks

it is strange as i am pretty sure i was eating more last time i did it so maybe i am not eating enough....

i have been eating;

green day

2 brown toast (B) with 2 light dairylea triangles (A)

fruit and very low fat yogurt

homemade curry with turkey (B) and chickpeas, tinned tomatoes, onion, curry powder, cumin and other spices, with a spoon of very low fat yogurt on top. served with brown rice.

i tend to eat a bannana, apple, orange and handful of grapes or strawberries to keep me going.

then pherhaps 5 cups tea and coffee with sweetner and milk weighed out as a healthy a choice.

red day

2 brown bread (B) with wafer thin ham
apple, orange, banana

chicken breast cooked with fry light on the george forman grill with bacon on a salad with bbq sauce witch i weigh and syn.

again tea and coffe with my milk.

i'm not really a breakfast eater so maybe i should try some breakfast?

it worked brilliantly for me last time but i have mostly been saving up syns for the weekend so i can have a bottle of wine which is the same as i did last time.

im not sure what a super speed food is? i have heard of the soup is it supposed to speed weight loss?

thanks so much for your help!!!! its really appreciated.

Your definately not eating enough! Have a look at the diaries in the diary section. Here's mine yesterday.....

Ee day but I have one extra he as I breastfeed.

Breakfast - weetabix and milk a and b

Lunch -
Egg, beans, chips mushrooms and grilled tomatoeS, Tom ketchup 2

Snack - 2 clementines

Dinner - rice, thigh of garlic chicken, roasted potatoes, parsnips, swede and veg mix with syn of gravy. 3

Snack - yoghurt, banana choc pieces 10 syns

My losses average 3 one week 2 another I have never put on! X

I agree and have two suggestions - eat breakfast and use your syns.

It has been proven that people who have breakfast are slimmer , its gets your metabolism up and running and burning calories from the start of the day. Also why its a good idea to exercise first thing!

And there are next to no syns in the menus you posted - aim for between 10 and 15 a day, taken either daily or weekly.

And just two points about your menu - brown bread is not a HEB only wholemeal so be careful as they are not the same thing. And you should up your superfree vegetable intake.

By the way I don't think your poll will be useful - the vast majority of people wil lose around 1 to 2lbs a week so to suggest that people might lose 3 to 6, or even more than 6 every week is highly unrealistic. If this is what you are hoping for then you will need to rethink I'm afraid.

to add to the above points you get 2 A choices and 2 B choices, these are there to make sure you get all the goodness from them, make sure you have these as I don't see both A's on your red day.

You are weighing and measuring your A's and B's aren't you as just guessing can mess things up totally.

Are you being 100% honest with yourself about every last morsel you put in your mouth? Sometimes people try to kid themselves - oh its only a square of chocolate, its only my childs leftover couple of crisps, chips, half a sandwich etc... this all adds up.

Good Luck

Definitely start eating breakfast. Think of your body like a fire, during the night it has no fuel so by the morning it is just embers. You need to put fuel on it first thing to get it stoked again and get your metabolism fired up, even if it is just some fruit or a yoghurt it is hugely important to have something. It can be very hard to loose weight without breakfast as your body gets confused, wonders where the next meal is coming and can hang onto fat 'just in case' it doesn't get any more fuel.

Oh and check that your brown bread is wholemeal, normal brown bread isn't considered a HEX.

Keep going, change a few things round and I'm sure you will start loosing.

I'm eating a similar type of daily menu, usually fruit for breakfast or a couple of boiled eggs, the 2 slices wholemeal (HEXB) and 3 LC Extra light triangles for lunch, although I've just started making carrot and coriander soup to have with the bread. Then dinner is usually a SW meal, 0 syns. Plus a couple of pieces of fruit morning and afternoon.

I use my syns weekly and usually use them all up. I also drink loads of water and green tea.

I have lost consistently every week so I would suggest def eating some syns. When I first started I wasn't and I wasn't losing as well as I am now.

:welcome:

Try keeping a diary of what you're eating!

You'll then notice any patterns or "free foods" that might actually contain a syn value! I use to count tomato puree as free!

Weigh all of your healthy extras!

I found changing my healthy extra b's to something different everyday had a great impact on weight loss, have a look through the options on red and green then buy them in and incorparate them, for example on a green day have some chicken or have tinned tuna etc!! (weighed of course!)

Keep it up as your bound to have a loss! Good Luck!

I wasn't losing as well when I started because I was struggling to have the 5-15syns a day. Since I've made sure I have at least 5 a day my weight losses have been better and have now just reduced my target.

Denise

Back