Not so easy in USA

Rachietuk

I am having a hard time loosing the lbs.
When I followed SW while living in England I found it so much easier. It was also easier when I went to meetings. I hope SW spreads to the rest of America very soon.
So far I have lost 9lb in 12 weeks. Not the result I was hoping for.

Still your on your way to losing your first stone. Do you do red, green or EE days. Some struggle on all EE days.

Good luck and keep going.:D

Why do you find it a struggle in the USA? is it because there are no meetings?
I've just moved to Cornwall from Leicester and am finding it difficult as i have no meeting here :(

I'm in the same boat as you Rachietuk. I moved to Canada after having lost 6st with SW in the UK. I'm really struggling over here big time to do it on my own. Have been here 7 months and put on 1.5st. I joined WW just so that I could have a support network but their meetings were crap and not what I was used to with SW.

I desperately miss my group - I never quite realised how important they were to me and how accountable I was to them and the weekly weigh in.

Now it seems I start the week great but then am crap on Fri, Sat, Sun and then beat myself up over it.

Let's try and support each other! I know it's not the same as a meeting but I do know what you're going through. Good luck hun and at least you're losing and not going the other way like me!!!

Oh, and it looks like we're the same weight (I started at 195 last week) and have the same goal weight too.

xx

Now it seems I start the week great but then am crap on Fri, Sat, Sun and then beat myself up over it.

xx

That's me too. However I find if I keep my syns very low during the week and over do it on the weekend it works out ok. I always weigh in on a friday too, gives me the whole week to sort it out.;) I know we're not supposed to save syns, but I know a lot of people do a weekly syn allowance instead of daily and it can work. I'm also doing the 30 day shred which really helps.

Just keep going and don't beat yourself up. We're all in the same boat. :D

coffeelover said:
Still your on your way to losing your first stone. Do you do red, green or EE days. Some struggle on all EE days.

Good luck and keep going.:D

I stick with green days. I don't really understand EE. Green always worked for me in the past.
Thanks for the support.

foodjunkie10 said:
Why do you find it a struggle in the USA? is it because there are no meetings?
I've just moved to Cornwall from Leicester and am finding it difficult as i have no meeting here :(

The biggest problem is honestly the food and the supermarkets. 4 years in a and I still struggle to do a weekly shop. There is so much choice of everything and so much processed food.
I do miss the meetings too,that was my extra push and a little competition.

StaceyUK said:
I'm in the same boat as you Rachietuk. I moved to Canada after having lost 6st with SW in the UK. I'm really struggling over here big time to do it on my own. Have been here 7 months and put on 1.5st. I joined WW just so that I could have a support network but their meetings were crap and not what I was used to with SW.

I desperately miss my group - I never quite realised how important they were to me and how accountable I was to them and the weekly weigh in.

Let's try and support each other! I know it's not the same as a meeting but I do know what you're going through. Good luck hun and at least you're losing and not going the other way like me!!!

Oh, and it looks like we're the same weight (I started at 195 last week) and have the same goal weight too.

xx

Wow, we really are in the same boat.
6st loss is fantastic, well done. You will get back to losing, you just need to get your head in it again.
This will have to be our group meeting!!!

I weigh in on a Tuesday, always start out with great intentions and it all goes wrong on a weekend. I think I may have gained at least 2 lbs this weekend.......burgers, Chinese, chips (fries) and booze. I fell off in a spectacular way.

Thank you all for your support. I really helps knowing there are others out there going through the same.
Here's to a great new week!!!

I am having a hard time loosing the lbs.
When I followed SW while living in England I found it so much easier. It was also easier when I went to meetings. I hope SW spreads to the rest of America very soon.
So far I have lost 9lb in 12 weeks. Not the result I was hoping for.

Chin up Rachietuk

I just returned from 2 weeks in Florida and gained 9.5lb - so in perspective you're doing fine! - this was after losing 90lb to get trim for holiday lol.

Can I blame the US/Obama lol?

Steve

Maximus said:
Chin up Rachietuk

I just returned from 2 weeks in Florida and gained 9.5lb - so in perspective you're doing fine! - this was after losing 90lb to get trim for holiday lol.

Can I blame the US/Obama lol?

Steve

You can absolutely blame Obama.
90lb loss is fantastic, well done. I'm sure you will shift the 9.5lb very soon.

The biggest problem is honestly the food and the supermarkets. 4 years in a and I still struggle to do a weekly shop. There is so much choice of everything and so much processed food.
I do miss the meetings too,that was my extra push and a little competition.

Rachietuk,

Sorry you are struggling here in the US. I am a Yank who just started SW Online because I couldn't stand another minute on WW. Yes, we have loads of processed foods here but depending on your location, you can also find farmer's markets which are great for fresh veg, fruits and lean cuts of meats. I'm in Los Angeles and there is a thriving British Ex-Pat community (my husband is from England) and we have quite a few British food shops here.

What about the weekly shop are you having trouble with? Have you seen BritMuminCanada's Slimming Eats blog? She has tons of recipes which are easily translated into the US market. This might help you narrow down your food choices at the supermarket.

Good luck to you!

Donna

Back