Not so scary...

Jamsi

Well I plucked up the courage to go and see the Pharmacist today. He has accepted me on the programme and has given me my weeks worth of shakes so I can start in the morning!

He was actually really nice and helpful and not scary at all. He explained everything really well and was very knowledgeable.

I can't wait to start shrinking and looking forward to sharing my progress with you all :)

Good Luck... and stay positive... xxx

Good luck and welcome :) x

Keep focussed on the long term goal, set yourself smaller targets to begin with & reward yourself with treats such as a facial each half stone that comes off! First week is tough, but nothing worth having is ever plain sailing, so buckle up and bolt down the hatches & we are here if you need and crew to ride the vicious storms that may lie ahead! Lol when I write vicious my predictive text changed it to biscuits twice!!! Hmmm this is evil trying to overcome good me thinks lol best of luck x

Haha Silly predictive text as if it could tempt us away with forbidden naughtiness.. We are so much stronger than that ;)

congrats for taking that first step....it is exciting isnt it to think that everyday we'll be shrinking!!!:) Took me a while to get to the right place in my head to go on tfr, tried lots of other diets and all only lasting a week at most:( but been on lipotrim for 2 wks now and seeing the scales go dwn makes it so worth while. best of luck on your journey :)

Thanks Gercol, Yes it has taken me a while to get here too. Giving up smoking has been a big factor in my weight gain.
Now I am ready for this I have been smoke free for over a year I think if I can succeed in beating the cigs I can succeed at this :)

Well done for taking the first step, stick with us and keep us posted on how you're doing. Hearing sucess keeps us all going x

Day one today and so far I have had a chocolate and a strawberry shake and liked the taste of both, will try vanilla later.
Might be because I am just getting over the flu and still not regained my sense of taste or smell properly. When I am fully better I might be repulsed by them lol
Thanks for your supportive words I will keep you posted ;)

good luck, this forum is ace, its full of people on the same journey, no negativeness, no one questioning your sanity (or lack of).

Jamsi said:
Day one today and so far I have had a chocolate and a strawberry shake and liked the taste of both, will try vanilla later.
Might be because I am just getting over the flu and still not regained my sense of taste or smell properly. When I am fully better I might be repulsed by them lol
Thanks for your supportive words I will keep you posted ;)

Day 1 today also, feel fine, had strawberry and vanilla shake. Quite liked them. Even made kids tea with no urge to pick off the plates lol.

welcome welcome :)

with the shakes its just learning how you like them. i find the vanilla ghastly but if i do it with a teaspoon of coffee its awesome and with ice its like my favorite frappucino treat. i keep meaning to try the chocolate one made with chilled peppermint tea to see if a mint choc shake is any good. is someone has tried this let me know how it is. i can stand the flapjacks its like chewing salt but the shakes are very palatable.

I read that someone had tried the chocolate shake with mint tea and it was really nice.
Personally I like all the shakes as they are but I am only on my first day and will probably come to hate them after a few weeks. I have not tried the flapjack or soup yet, I am a bit scared of the flapjack if I am honest as I think that actually physically eating/chewing something will make me more hungry and want food. I am sure my preferences will change though.

I am starting week 2 on Thursday & intend to get all flavours of shake as only got chocolate first week except for 1 strawberry one.

Worried I'll dislike the soup but need to get the tasting session out of the way. Gonna try what someone in here suggested which was boil the soup up in a saucepan as you would normal soup, as apparently it tastes better. Flapjacks will have to wait til week 3 though incase the soup proves too much as otherwise I'll be going hungry!

Best of luck all

My Pharmacist also said that some people "Bake" the chocolate shake to make a really thin biscuit to nibble on. Not sure how they do it though he didn't explain.

Back