Not so Secret Diary of a Serial Snacker...

Monday 08/08/16

WEIGH DAY! Scales have reported a great loss of 1lb! Very happy with that.
Food for the day is as follows:

Breakfast - 2 x large flat mushrooms, 2 x bacon (fat removed), 2 x perfect poached eggs! Was beaut.
Lunch - 2 x chicken thighs from yesterdays BBQ, mixed salad, gherkins. I will remove the skin off the chicken but there is still marinade on parts of the chicken so I will count 4 syns (its minimal).
Dinner - roast chicken leg portion skin removed and mixed vegetables
Plenty of flavoured green teas today, currently had salted caramel and gingerbread.
Syns/snacks - banana, marinade 4, may have some rich tea fingers or Mikado with a cup of tea later.

Brekkie, double thumbs up, looking forward to the food for the day too.

Always thinking of food... nom!

I haven't updated the diary yet, but we had a fun hen do weekend and the eating wasn't as bad as I was anticipating at all, so I'm quite pleased. Downside was not getting back till 9pm last night, so McDonald's for dinner :( I am SO tired today! Need to try not to eat everything in sight!

Lunch was good and adds another 2 syns to the day as I had 10g salad cream (a tbsp. is 15g for 2.5 syns). Add in a Mikado stick for another half a syn.

Total 7 so far.

Although I want to eat a jar of peanut butter!!!

Last edited:
Here to follow :)

Working home today, this is when I find I want to snack. Its not boredom, I am still just as busy as when I am in the office, I don't know what it is that does this??
So I just made cheese on toast with marmite, which is syn free using both healthy extras. And I had my banana.
Totally unnecessary to be totally honest, I don't think I was hungry. And just because its in plan doesn't really make it right, right? I need to curb this, I remember back in the day when I was in full swing of SW that I wouldn't snack too much so I am hoping that with a few weeks of following plan I will revert back to that.

What do you do when it comes to snacking??

Working home today, this is when I find I want to snack. Its not boredom, I am still just as busy as when I am in the office, I don't know what it is that does this??
So I just made cheese on toast with marmite, which is syn free using both healthy extras. And I had my banana.
Totally unnecessary to be totally honest, I don't think I was hungry. And just because its in plan doesn't really make it right, right? I need to curb this, I remember back in the day when I was in full swing of SW that I wouldn't snack too much so I am hoping that with a few weeks of following plan I will revert back to that.

What do you do when it comes to snacking??

I find I snack less now I'm in the swing of it, but generally my main urge to snack is at work. And that is boredom I can tell you! So, my day literally goes:
8am - Breakfast (HexA&B)
11am - Banana
12noon - Mug shot
1.30-2ish - Lunch
3pm - Muller Light
4pm - Grapes
6pm - Dinner

Then maybe something of an evening like a Freddo or Chocolate Digestive. But during the week that is literally my snacking to the minute. I just have to make sure I don't have anything unhealthy with me or in the house, because I'm too lazy to go and get it!

Welcome aboard! Hope that I can help in some way, do you have a diary at all? Are you following SW? I see your info says calorie counting, good luck if that's what you are following (I tried, and failed miserably with that!) xx

I have been hopping from diet to diet! Trying to get back into SW. I need to lose some more weight before my holiday in October. I also need to change my stats etc. on here....xx

I find I snack less now I'm in the swing of it, but generally my main urge to snack is at work. And that is boredom I can tell you! So, my day literally goes:
8am - Breakfast (HexA&B)
11am - Banana
12noon - Mug shot
1.30-2ish - Lunch
3pm - Muller Light
4pm - Grapes
6pm - Dinner

Then maybe something of an evening like a Freddo or Chocolate Digestive. But during the week that is literally my snacking to the minute. I just have to make sure I don't have anything unhealthy with me or in the house, because I'm too lazy to go and get it!

That is a very planned out day! But if it helps to stick to plan then that's great. Maybe I need to break it down like that. I just had half a tsp peanut butter for 0.75 syns... so make it 1 syn. That makes 8. Having a cuppa too, I love Tesco Chocolate Tea and the Vanilla Chai (from their Finest range). Being that today is a red day the tea has come out of my milk allowance for the second HexA. Gah, whens dinner?!

Dinner had and 2 syns for gravy. Skin removed too *sob*. For veg had baby Brussels, carrots, cauliflower and broccoli.

Made up lunch for the next 2 days too and tomorrow's breakfast as it's overnight oats. Also got some quark/chic orange options chilling in the fridge if I fancy it.

Flicked through an old sw recipe book earlier for some inspiration for meals so I'm already bloody thinking about next week's food plan!!

Tuesday 09/08/16

Good morning! What a beautiful sunshiney day it is out there this morning. Always perks the mood up.
Busy day at work today as I have a 'shadow' for majority of the day, which isn't a bad thing when it comes to thinking about food/snacks. And yesterday my husband came home with a Galaxy Ripple for me - that's in the fridge and I think I may split it and have half today n rest tomorrow. 9 syns is a lot in one hit, for just 1 finger of chocolate too. Day is looking something like this:

Breakfast - raspberry and blueberries overnight oats with pumpkin seeds and honey - 2.5 syns
Lunch - bbq chicken and salad, 3 syns for marinade
Dinner - chicken chow mein
Snacks - banana

Have a good day and catch up in a bit!

Ha yeah a shadow could be a good thing, unless they're a big snacker too! Hubby isn't helping though! Tell him no chocolate, no! My OH let's me have one chocolate bar a week and tells me off if I have more.

Ha yeah a shadow could be a good thing, unless they're a big snacker too! Hubby isn't helping though! Tell him no chocolate, no! My OH let's me have one chocolate bar a week and tells me off if I have more.
Thing is, I can't remember the last time I had a chocolate bar bought by him!! Good job it was a ripple rather than a twix :) And to be fair to him, I don't think he realised I was back to following SW (my mum certainly didn't listen to me because she tried to put a lindt ball in my mouth while I was making todays lunch! No thank you *CRY*

Today has been good so far, had breakfast - tick, spent all morning with the lady visiting - tick, passed her on to some one for an hour or 2 while I scoff lunch - tick, and a quick catch up on here. Good.
Munching my lunch, I forgot how much I love sweetcorn in a salad, so good. Haven't bought any snacks with me today except my banana so I will have that around 3pm. Its when I get home and after dinner that I struggle.

I love a cuppa when I get in (normally around 6:30-7) and normally want a biscuit then. Once I have cooked dinner and sat down to eat its around 7:45-8:15 and I want something sweet after that too. I guess that means today I could have a tea and 2 rich tea fingers when I get home for 2 syns and after dinner a Ben & Jerrys Son of a wich for 4 syns? Takes me to 11.5 syns for the day. I reckon that covers all bases!

That certainly sounds like a solid plan to me! The real struggle for me is between getting in from work and dinner, when a Muller Light really just doesn't cut it! Today I am combatting it by going straight back out to "Body Attack" at the gym. Just praying I survive to eat dinner! lol.

@Heather Monckton What is body attack?! Do you go to the gym/classes regularly? I am toying with the idea of joining a gym round about a 10 minute walk from ours. They have an 'off peak' deal for £15 a month that includes all classes between 6am-5pm Mon-Fri and all weekend. It does limit me to spin, yoga, pilates and aero circuits due to work.

I literally have no idea! But it sounds intense lol. I've persuaded my friend to come along, she's getting married in 5 weeks, I'm on holiday in 6, so intense will be good. If you don't see me on here tomorrow though, it's because it actually killed me lol.

I try and go regularly, I do swimming on a Wednesday, Zumba on a Thursday and Body Pump on a Sunday. Then gym in between. We've been walking a lot lately (I'm a Pokémon Go addict, I confess!) but I need to up my weight work to tone up now that I'm losing weight.

Do you have a Lifestyle Fitness near you? That's only £19.99 a month and that's any day, any time, any class.

@Heather Monckton we don't have those near us unfortunately - but seriously contemplating the one we do have. Good luck with tonight, can't wait to hear all about it!

@Jodieboo hello!! Just started on your diary so I am subbed :)

Got in from work just after 7, traffic was terrible, haven't had time for a cuppa but got chicken in its marinade and taking 5 to have a rich tea finger and 2 mikado for 2 syns. Might have a cuppa after dinner instead with biscuits.

Cannot wait for dinner, I love noodles!

Wednesday 10/08/16

Good morning! Wednesday you little gem!
Got a day of back to back meetings so zero reason to not stay on plan. Ended yesterday with dinner and on 7.5 syns as I was so tired I couldn't move to get anything else!

Breakfast - nutella on toast, HexB & 2 syns for 1/2 tbsp
Lunch - leftover chow mein
Dinner - lasagne HexA
Snacks - strawberries, blueberries, grapes and a nana

Have a good day and catch up in a bit xx

Back