Not so Secret Diary of a Serial Snacker...

Already had my banana! Popped into M&S and they have my favourite grapes in, ah! I'm not a huge grape fan, I buy them, have a handful and then forget about them.

However these ones taste of cotton candy and are insane.

INSANE I tell you!

Already had my banana! Popped into M&S and they have my favourite grapes in, ah! I'm not a huge grape fan, I buy them, have a handful and then forget about them.

However these ones taste of cotton candy and are insane.

INSANE I tell you!

You literally cannot beat Marks and Spencers. Every time I go in there I just want to buy everything in the food hall. Best plan is to avoid going in there!

Well, I didn't die at Body Attack you'll be pleased to know! But my body very much felt like it was under attack lol. It's basically intense cardio, lots of jogging, high knees, jumping jacks, jumping lunges... It was hard but I felt good afterwards. My calves ache today from bouncing on the balls of my feet for 45 mins. But I'd recommend it.

Hi, here to follow along, just catching up and the pic of Oats looks devine, I've never cooked them with water but must give it a try.
Hello! Oats are ok with water, as long as there is something sweet in there or cinnamon. Grated apple works well too or grated carrot with all spice (like carrot cake!) Xx
You literally cannot beat Marks and Spencers. Every time I go in there I just want to buy everything in the food hall. Best plan is to avoid going in there!

Well, I didn't die at Body Attack you'll be pleased to know! But my body very much felt like it was under attack lol. It's basically intense cardio, lots of jogging, high knees, jumping jacks, jumping lunges... It was hard but I felt good afterwards. My calves ache today from bouncing on the balls of my feet for 45 mins. But I'd recommend it.
It sounds.... fun. Deadly, but fun!

Today has gone to plan, nice, 1 chia seed cracker as an addition and an Americano with skimmed milk cause I was shattered! Syns today - 2 for Nutella, 2 for cracker, 2 for milk.
Hexa cheese on lasagne, hexb bread this morning, plenty of water today too.

And I'm done with the day. Shattered. Bring on sleep time!

Thursday 11/08/16

Today has started slightly different to 'food plan'. Got stuck into work about 7 and only really looked up from my laptop to nip to the loo.

Breakfast - candy floss grapes and banana.
Lunch - Linda McCartney red onion & rosemary sausage sandwich (1 tbsp ketchup for 1 syn, 1/2 tbsp. light mayo for 1 syn), strawberries and blueberries
Dinner - Mushroom and Onion omelette with HexA cheddar, side of baked beans.

That makes for a very low syn day so far. However.... I WILL be having a B&J son of a wich tonight for 4 syns. I was going to have a green day (old school!) But might as well be EE and think I'll chuck some bacon or ham in my omelette.

Who knows? I guess the world is my oyster. Or omelette in this case!!

Last edited:
Not having breakfast has come to bite me on the behind. Well, not really, its just that time of day when the cupboards officially start calling my name for snacks. Gah!

After my sandwich at lunch, about 2 hours passed and I had some quark and strawberries and a pack of itsu crispy seaweed thins for 1 syn. Taking me to 3 syns.
I probably won't be having dinner until 8ish, and there is no way I can wait till then to eat again.

Its boredom eating, although I haven't had chance to get bored what with work. I might make a cup of tea and have 2 rich tea fingers. *EDIT make that 3 biscuits. How I didn't devour the pack....*
Yes. Tea break it is. GIMME ME BICCIES!!

Last edited:
Friday 12/08/16

Its finally here! FRIYAY!! And its really lovely out too, sun is shining and I think I may go sit outside for lunch.
Last night I had dinner and finished with a the B&J icecream, total 10 syns. Good.

Today:
Breakfast - Candyfloss grapes
Lunch - was meant to be jacket potato but didn't fancy it. I had a bacon, mushroom, sweet potato, sweetcorn and cheese omelette. Amazing! 45g cheddar so HexA and 3 syns.
Dinner - Cod with bean stew (freezer stuff, was meant to be salmon but cod goes better with the bean stew)
Snacks - Strawberry jelly 1/2 syn, strawberries and blueberries, skips 4 syns

So tomorrow we are off to visit my husbands mum for her birthday and she lives down by the coast. We'll be getting there for about lunchtime and we've said we'll take her for lunch (she has evening plans with friends). Not quite sure where we are going for something to eat but got a few ideas up my sleeve for what to munch. Choices are battered fish (no batter, sob!) and mushy peas, steak with jacket, salad no dressing, and that's about it. Hoping for fish n chips to be honest as its probably the easiest to deal with when it comes to choice and I am a fan of mushy peas.

Will be walking a lot too so fingers crossed its another gorgeous day.

Happy Friday all!

Last edited:
I should not skip breakfast. I know eating grapes should constitute breakfast and I had a fairly filling lunch but I think a proper brekkie should be eaten. I got massive cravings and felt 'hungry'. Luckily had my HexB left (totally forgot about that!!) so I made a bowl of cinnamon oats with water, sliced in a banana and 1/2 tbsp. nutella for 2 syns and 1/2 tsp honey for 1 syn. Taking me to 10.5 syns.

Now... I gotta stop thinking of food! Well, I can't not think about food as I will have to get my food planned and shop completed tonight, but I got to stop thinking about eating. Seriously. It becomes torturous sometimes. Stoopid brain.

Now... I gotta stop thinking of food! Well, I can't not think about food as I will have to get my food planned and shop completed tonight, but I got to stop thinking about eating. Seriously. It becomes torturous sometimes. Stoopid brain.

It is SO hard though! But it does get easier if that helps. Now I'm in a fairly strict routine, I don't really think about food/eating all the time because it's planned and I know what I'm eating and when and don't deviate from it.

@Heather Monckton I think that's all I need to do tbh. I have survived the rest of the day without eating anything more and I have got my food shop done.

Plan for the week is:

upload_2016-8-12_16-52-32.png

Have a bit of flexibility over breakfasts and messed up colour on Thursdays plan as it should be orange (not a green day, but EE).

How did you get on over the weekend? Mine was not wonderful syns wise, but it was sooo gooood lol.
OOh what was soooooo goooood about it?!

Mine wasn't too bad actually, think I made a good choice on Saturday, yesterday used all my syns but the only day I did (with the exception of not really knowing what to syn for Saturday!) xx

Howdy howdy!

Weekend... lets go.

Friday night I had my cod and bean stew which was delish and had a relatively early night with no additional syns.

Saturday
Breakfast - poached egg on toast (HexB)
Lunch - Salmon and vermicelli noodle salad. This didn't have any sauce but had some form of very light dressing, although wasn't oily at all, but did have sesame seeds. going to count 7 syns as it was a 'light bite' portion
Dinner - Homemade chicken curry, rice and garlic/coriander naan 8 syns with HexA Cheddar on top. Lush.

Sunday
Brunch - Poached egg on toast (HexB)
Snacks - 2 x rich tea fingers 2 syns, itsu seaweed 1 syn, skips 4 syns
Dinner - Sweet potato and turkey and red pepper goulash. This wasn't very nice at all so just ate the potato.
Was hungry later (due to dinner mishap) and had a slice of wm toast (3 syns) topped with mushy peas. Followed by 10 Mikado for 5 syns totalling the 15.

And here we are on Monday. I have had to go to my doctors this morning as I have a terribly itchy rash on my chest that was unbearable. I thought that it was just a couple of dry patches but it got worse and completely covered my whole chest, it was keeping me up from itching/rubbing. As I mentioned before I have Crohns disease and recently had my medication doubled which is when it flared up. Dr has confirmed that its a 'drug rash' and taken me off my current tablets. Now he has put me on a course of steroid tablets which I have to take 4 times a day WITH food, at the same time every day (and obviously some cream to help clear it up!).

So now I have to plan to eat 4 times a day (shame!) and get into a habit for the next 2 weeks, when he will evaluate what tablets I can take in the future.

Food today:

Breakfast - mushroom and bacon omelette
Lunch - jacket potato with beans and cheese (HexA)
Dinner - Chipotle blackbean soup with lime pickled onions with bread (HexB)
Snacks - banana, fruit salad with yogurt

OOh what was soooooo goooood about it?!

Mine wasn't too bad actually, think I made a good choice on Saturday, yesterday used all my syns but the only day I did (with the exception of not really knowing what to syn for Saturday!) xx

I literally ate every meal out so it was much yummy! And we had cocktails Saturday night. More enjoyable and sinful than the hen do last weekend!

Back